Just how good is Kamara?

I still have no idea what he done with the ball past the livi player the other day. Super glued the ball to his feet.

Incredible player, thought he had most of the Livi players on toast yesterday

Seems to be the one most of our fans would be first to flog but imo I don't want it to be him leaving this summer if I'm honest
Agreed.

Exactly the type of player we will need to anywhere near hold our own in the CL should we get there.

Unreal player. That bit of skill last night against Livingston was incredible stuff. A pleasure to watch him

Said it on another thread but he would be my POTY, but you could easily make a case for 5 or 6 players.

He has been outstanding. Makes it look effortless.

It's actually disgusting we got him for 50k lol. For me he's first name on the team sheet when it comes to midfield. We'll make a %^*& ton of money on him.

Top top footballer who for me has alot more to offer, i think playing in one of the big leagues he would shine even more.

A great deal of credit must go to our coaching staff for his displays.

When he first arrived his decision making was poor, and he lacked confidence in his own ability.

He is excellent now, and he will only get better.

Won't look out of place playing in the champions league! Hopefully not to soon but when the time comes he'll move on for a fortune

Said it in another thread, but I honestly think he’s one of the most talented central midfielders I’ve seen play for us.

I’m not saying he’s been as successful as other midfielders - he doesn’t get as many goals, he doesn’t run around crunching people which is apparently a skill - but in terms of genuine footballing talent, just how good is he?

He does something that gets me off my seat in nearly every game. He’s got the skill of a tricky winger, deceptively fast and his passing range and accuracy is beyond belief.

I actually think he’s still underrated even by our own fans.

Massively improved player for me this season, and my MOTM last night.

He’s now physically & mentally stronger than last season & he’s clearly improved offensively since last season, especially in the last 3/4 months.

I think one more year of developing those attacking attributes & he could be a massive asset.

Major money could come for him.

I'll admit that last season I was critical of him a fair bit and didn't see just how much he was bringing to the table but he's been superb this year.

The way he receives the ball is second to none and he's so good at creating a yard of space for himself no matter the situation.

His pace is the thing that I’ve really noticed for the first time this season – played a part in the goal as he was so quick to get to the loose ball in the box. I think he probably has the highest ceiling of anyone in our squad at the moment, would probably look even better in a less dominant team playing at a higher level.

All the ability in the world but needs to be a little more arrogant/ confident. If he had Jack's mindset he'd be top six EPL and would excel in most top European clubs.

Over 2 years ago Iwobi had him in his ultimate 11 alongside Cazorla and Ozil in midfield. Glen is only going to get better and better. Will we keep him or sell him this summer cos we won't be short of clubs sniffin around

Given the European performances he will be the one clubs are really looking at. I could see him going for a good fee and then that team doubling their money in 12 months from a big side.

Sensational. I found him unbelievably frustrating last season, too often lackadaisical in the midfield and far too often gambling in dangerous areas of the pitch which actually did cost us dear eventually.

This season? There’s been none of that, just complete focus and fantastic performances. His ability on the ball is fantastic, some of his touches, passes and feints are sublime. He’s a really clever player too in the way he uses the ball in terms of knowing when to release it etc etc. 50k was daylight robbery and I love it.

Said it in another thread, but I honestly think he’s one of the most talented central midfielders I’ve seen play for us.

I’m not saying he’s been as successful as other midfielders - he doesn’t get as many goals, he doesn’t run around crunching people which is apparently a skill - but in terms of genuine footballing talent, just how good is he?

He does something that gets me off my seat in nearly every game. He’s got the skill of a tricky winger, deceptively fast and his passing range and accuracy is beyond belief.

I actually think he’s still underrated even by our own fans.

I have a video of what I think is the skill in question. Just a video of it on TV. What’s the easiest way to upload it from my phone?

He's that good he should be on a better contract than he is and if we don't rectify that situation I fear we risk losing him,I don't think that would be in the club's best interests,hopefully the contract situation of some of our better players will be updated as soon as we win the title

This summer is going to be something of a dilemma for us.

We probably do need to sell one of our prize assets to help balance the books, but at the same time guys like Kamara, Barisic and Morelos are exactly the sort of players we need if we want to make a mark in the Champions League.

I think that prospect may also convince those players to remain where they are.

What’s not in doubt is that Kamara has the abilities to cut it at a higher level than he’s been playing at so far.

I liked him at Dundee, was always a standout. Wasnt sure if he would make it here tbh. But in flashes the last few years and almost every game this year, he has been outstanding. A real gem of a signing.

Really impressed with his positivity in 2021, running forward and probing forward passes. Taking his game up a few notches.

He is the most underrated player in Britain IMO. The whole world will see how good he is is this summer in the Euros. I honestly don’t know why Arsenal haven’t broken the bank to try sign him back from us cause their midfield are crying out for a player like him

All the ability in the world but needs to be a little more arrogant/ confident. If he had Jack's mindset he'd be top six EPL and would excel in most top European clubs.
That's very well put.

I was wondering how to comment on him, without being slated as a hater. :D That's perfect wording.

I still think he drifts in and out of games and leans towards the square or negative pass. He's shown this year much more positivity in getting into the opposition box. A bit more of that confidence/arrogance (as shown last night) and then we're truly looking at an 8 figure valued player.

I remember being a bit suspect when we signed kamara from dundee for 50k. I feared it was going to be another flop, jersey too heavy kind of player but i couldnt have been more wrong. Hes been superb since day 1 if it wasnt for davis kamara would be my POTY

i'd say he's increased his value beyond £50'000

god knows what he's worth now, 15m at least surely?

for me - we will get an offer for kamara in the summer that is simply impossible to turn down ,

the guy has turned into a real baller , there’s a reason he starts every game in Europe ... I still can’t believe we got him for 50k

In past seasons I thought he just wasn't up to scratch TBH.
Now I realise Kamara was the ideal that Gerrard was aiming for and the rest of the players - collectively and individually - have now grown into.

Massively improved player for me this season, and my MOTM last night.

He’s now physically & mentally stronger than last season & he’s clearly improved offensively since last season, especially in the last 3/4 months.

I think one more year of developing those attacking attributes & he could be a massive asset.

Major money could come for him.
He has added a bit of offensive bravery to his game epitomised with his involvement in our goal. If he has a good Euros GY I fear a bid will come this summer we can’t refuse.

Back