Just noticed Club 1872 are having elections

mdingwall

Administrator
My email dropped off their email list so just got this.

I quite fancy it - anyone want me to PM me with their Club 1872 membership to propose me? :)

Club 1872 Board Elections - Applications
Dear Member,
The Club 1872 companies are now accepting applications for the Club 1872 boards.
We would welcome candidates who can commit the time and energy required to achieve the aims of Club 1872. The eligibility requirements are laid out below.
Candidates should note that on election they will be appointed to the under-noted companies:
Club 1872 Shares CIC, Club 1872 Projects CIC, Club 1872 Limited and Supporters Voice Limited.
Each company is separate and independent and candidates must be willing to serve on each of the companies’ boards for a term of 3 years.
Applications
Applications should be completed on a Club 1872 Board Application form (download by clicking here) and e-mailed to applications@club1872.co.uk.
Candidates will also be required to sign further documents as part of the application process including a Directors’ Role document. These documents will be provided to candidates on receipt of their application form so we would ask them to ensure that their application form is received at least 24 hours prior to the deadline to allow these further forms to be completed.
We will accept scanned, emailed copies of all documents.
If a candidate prefers to submit paper forms, these should be printed, signed by the applicant and posted to:
Club 1872,
Second Floor,
Copland House,
Edmiston Drive,
Glasgow G51 2XF
All applications will be acknowledged by e-mail.
If you are in any doubt or have any other questions, please contact info@club1872.co.uk.
Applications for board positions must be received no later than 5pm on 21st May 2021.
There are 5 board places in total. Only 2 of these places are free at this election as Euan Macfarlane, Joanne Percival and Laura Fawkes are still within their respective board terms.
Candidates require 15 proposers to support their application.
Candidates and proposers must be either life members or have been donating monthly contributors of Club 1872 for a continuous period of at least six months prior to the date of this notice.
Candidates must be capable of being appointed as a director of a company.
Supporters Direct Scotland have been appointed as independent adjudicators of this election.
All information on the candidate’s application form must be factually accurate. Any candidate who is found to provide false information either on their application form or during the election process will be subject to removal from the process.
All details contained in candidate applications and supporting documentation (excluding personal information such as postal address details, email address and phone number) may be published on the Club 1872 website. All information submitted by candidates will be shared with the independent adjudicator.
Further details of the election process will be published following the completion of the application process.
Club 1872

If I was a Member I'd help you out as one of the 15 Proposer's required mate. However, as of yet, I've still to be convinced to join, though I'm open to that.

Plenty on here like to talk about Club1872, here's someone prepared to actually get involved. Give him some support if you are a Member.

A wee bump for this to help Mark get the backing he deserves.

Note this part if you are considering backing Mark by Proposing him for ther Board:

Candidates require 15 proposers to support their application.
Candidates and proposers must be either life members or have been donating monthly contributors of Club 1872 for a continuous period of at least six months prior to the date of this notice.

Last edited:
I can propose you although there may have been 1 month where the swap over to the new scheme was being set up where it might have been missed. In fairness that would be easily sorted as I have paid into it for several years.

If I'm elected, I'll swiftly send a statement to the police, SNP and every form of media in the country asking how can they see looking through those tears and ask them to get back in touch with us after they've solved all of the actual crime going on in the country. A vote for Kubala is a vote for Rangers.

I can propose you although there may have been 1 month where the swap over to the new scheme was being set up where it might have been missed. In fairness that would be easily sorted as I have paid into it for several years.
I doubt that very, very much mate.

My email dropped off their email list so just got this.

I quite fancy it - anyone want me to PM me with their Club 1872 membership to propose me? :)
I would, but when I resigned as a director they seemed to remove my membership, despite me having life long membership due transferring my membership or share from one of the pre-C1872 orgs.
I am sure it was just an administrative error.
Good luck to you Mark, fresh blood is what is needed.

Will you speak out to defend our club?

That would be a nice change from someone at Club 1872, if you get in.

I thought about how this all works when the whole Dave King share sale thing came about. Their marketing is diabolical.

Feels like a closed shop.

Club 1872 is a vehicle for fan ownership, not for releasing statements aimed at newspapers with 30 readers.

As a fans organisation they should be defending the support where and when possible.

Allowing certain lies to go unchallenged is damaging to the club and support. Statements can give a point of reference for the support in the future.

If I'm elected, I'll swiftly send a statement to the police, SNP and every form of media in the country asking how can they see looking through those tears and ask them to get back in touch with us after they've solved all of the actual crime going on in the country. A vote for Kubala is a vote for Rangers.

Do you need a proposer

There is an entity there for such issues. Supporters Voice Ltd.

Anyone elected is signed on to it.

Oh right. I would like to see a more proactive approach with this and potentially more marches and protests if need be with these types of organisations.

Back