Just one Lorenzo . . .

Second only to Gough as my favourite centre half.

Amo was an excellent player and captain for us. I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves because of his error at home to Monaco.
He was a good player but he was prone to the odd howler. Not just Monaco.

Personally think we have had many defenders who were better than him. Goldson being one

What a player.

As an accomplished ball playing centre back, he’d be worth tens of millions today.

There was a period that he basically had to take on Sutton, Hartson, Larsson, Balde, Valgaeren and Mjallby on his own.
He competed well, but needed help.
Under McLeish he got that again with Moore.
Amo was a tremendous player for us and his performances against O’Neill’s brutal teams were more often than not outstanding.
I wish Advocaat would just have accepted Colin Hendry as the partnership he and Amo were forging towards the end of Dick’s first season looked like it would be another great one, like Gough and Butcher or Weir and Cuellar/Bougherra.

Personally think CG is a far better player than Amo was but its all about opinions!
I think the quality of domestic opposition LA was up against is far greater than what CG has had to contend with... LA also played in the Champs League a fair few times.

Big Lorenzo was a great centre half. Much better than Goldson in my view. Up there with our best

A man mountain who took the club to his heart, and often wore that same heart on his sleeve.
What a player too.

In fairness to that lot at the time too, he had to face up to some of the best we've seen in Scotland in recent memory too.
Certainly no Rangers centre half since the time will have domestically faced a same level of talent, and more often than not came out on top.

Personally think we have had many defenders who were better than him. Goldson being one
Mental. I know we all have different views, but that is one I could never have envisaged.

Amo by a mile.

He got us and was a brilliant player. My daughter’s favourite player. Had a poster on her wall. When we did the stadium tour she wanted to take the life sized cardboard cutout at the inside of the players tunnel home with her. Politely declined by the tour guide.

I remember him v PAOK away in some European tie, ball was just like a magnet to his head. Absolutely immense that night.

Amoruso was fucking brilliant. Sure he had a mistake in him but by and large he was great for us and was superb along side Moore.

Goldson better than amoruso Jesus
Would love to know who the others are aswell

A fantastic player with a big heart.

And what a beautiful looking man he was in his prime.
(I was never confused.)

Up there with Gough as the best centre half I’ve ever seen in Scotland in my lifetime(1981) when he was up for it Amo was a total colossus all in itself.And btw for me that’s not his best goal above,his free kick against Dunfermline was a fantastic strike aswell

Back