Just over 3 weeks to go to the start of the season

giogaddi

Sounds crazy to say that eh? We desperately need a good start like last season. How many pre season games are we planning? Anyone know?

There was talk of us and them going to France to play Lyon and Nice IIRC.

If that actually happens I can see that and 1 or 2 friendly games in Scotland and that's it. I'd imagine the club medical staff don't really want the team travelling over Europe when they don't really have to.

Imagine we’ll have some fixtures lined up, Gerrard mentioned something similar a few weeks ago.

We’re going to be limited to opposition though, with England and other countries starting their season later than us

There’s still three weeks to go, but I feel we desperately need at least two quality additions that go straight into the starting eleven and improve it.

If we’re unable to do that due to the adverse effects of the pandemic on our finances, it’s probably unrealistic to expect a different outcome, as depressing as that is to admit.

Absolutely buzzing that we’re going to be able to watch our team again in 3 short weeks. Still an incredibly bitter taste from how corrupt our league is, but you can’t beat being able to watch the Rangers.

Couple of quality signings this week would be smashing.

Definitely.

Need the game changing ones to happen early. I hate when teams leave the big ones until late on, them invariably drop points in between.

Right Forward and the new Central Midfielder this week.

Little bit worried with a late and random window that Morelos could leave at an odd time as well.

Can’t wait for a game of football that I care about.

Patience needed - it’ll be slow, probably dull to begin with. A lot of transfer targets will still be playing with their clubs, and even those we sign will need bedded in.

Concerns I have on this with three weeks to go.

That fud Doncaster was just on sky there. No clubs are allowed to play friendlies as it stands. Three weeks from the start of a season. Bonkers.

The main concern. The squad. On the whole, we are starting the season with the same squad who utterly imploded. Now with the leagues with integrity still actually playing, this is undoubtedly hampering our ability to sign players as it stands.

We are going to now need another centre half, maybe a right back, a striker and imo we need two new central midfielders.

Midfield and the lack of goals and creativity from it is a major weakness. Needs addressed. If it’s not, then forget it

I didn't quite realise it started so soon. No way we will be even clsoe to 100% by then, given we won't have played a game for nearly 5 months. But we should still be in far better shape than all the other teams.

Concerns I have on this with three weeks to go.

That fud Doncaster was just on sky there. No clubs are allowed to play friendlies as it stands. Three weeks from the start of a season. Bonkers.

The main concern. The squad. On the whole, we are starting the season with the same squad who utterly imploded. Now with the leagues with integrity still actually playing, this is undoubtedly hampering our ability to sign players as it stands.

We are going to now need another centre half, maybe a right back, a striker and imo we need two new central midfielders.

Midfield and the lack of goals and creativity from it is a major weakness. Needs addressed. If it’s not, then forget it

My feelings too.

Personally I think we’ll probably start the season with the players we have, give or take a couple of more minor comings and goings, and any bigger signings that do arrive will be later on and quite likely dependent on others leaving.

The fear is that the same squad that fell apart after Xmas may do likewise if they have a couple of poor results early on and then it could be a real uphill struggle.

The transfer window is open to October and business can’t be conducted with other leagues playing out. We can’t arrange friendlies. We still have last season fixture(s) to play. Yet the morons in charge want a 1 August start. Incredible how they can make a shambles out of any hand they are dealt.

Until we have a defence that can stop shipping goals against much lesser opponents then the outcome will be the same as last season .

Crazy it’s so close now. Big worry is the lack of signings. We’re still 4/5 short of what’s needed. Hopefully we see some movement on some quality coming in shortly.

The Morelos situation needs sorting out ASAP.The pressure is on Rangers right from the start of the season given what happened at the beginning of the year it won’t take much to go wrong for everything to turn toxic the Scottish media will be pilling on the pressure to get the manager sacked let’s hope Rangers get off to a great start

Would be good to get 1 or 2 signings in before that first game, but I get that the club are working under different circumstances with other leagues still playing the now. Every other club in our league is under the same conditions and i don’t think there’s been many signings by the other teams other than Motherwell and Ross county

Until we have a defence that can stop shipping goals against much lesser opponents then the outcome will be the same as last season .
It’s more than just that. We were fine the first half of last season, but from January the defence were all at sea, the midfield forgot how to control a game and our attackers couldn’t score!
We desperately need to recreate our early season form and find a way to make it last a full season.

The Morelos situation needs sorting out ASAP.The pressure is on Rangers right from the start of the season given what happened at the beginning of the year it won’t take much to go wrong for everything to turn toxic the Scottish media will be pilling on the pressure to get the manager sacked let’s hope Rangers get off to a great start

Manager sacked? Aye. Right.

How are we meant too start playing in front of crowds, when we are
2 weeks behind Engerland wae wee Nickerla thro' COVID.
When they start too play in front of crowds down south, the Herr
Fuhrerr will do it 2 wks after them, as is. :confused:

Clancy reffed the opener against the sheep two years ago when he sent off Alfie after only 12 minutes. The season before that (17/18) he was at the piggery premiership opener where the paedo club bt Hearts 4-1. Last season (19/20) he was in charge of the beasts 7-0 rout against St Johnstone. So clancy is due to ref at Pittodrie if you follow the pattern.

My thoughts entirely. There is plenty of talk regarding attaking options but until we stop conceding soft goals we will not move forward. Outwith Europe we hardly conceded a goal which was down to good football.

What are the rules if one player contracts COVID - does the full team quarantine and games are then rescheduled?

I think I'm going off football. I haven't missed it one bit and I couldnt care if and when it's coming back.

Back