Just reading all the comments on You Tube about the Ibrox Atmosphere v Leipzig from all over the world- Amazing

Nearly. Believe 3k went to mygers then the rest to hospitality/complimentary.

There was an ex player sitting with over 20 tickets between the family. Albeit a couple of the family are ex players (can guess who).

I think the board made that decision so the ‘hardcore’ didn’t ‘shame’ us on the big stage.
Couldn't get a ticket but could tell looking at close ups of fans on the TV - it wasn't our core support.

Man bags, selfies, body language (there to be entertained not there to support the team) rangers tops that had the label took off 5 mins ago etc.

That to me is more embarrassing than the slight risk of our real support not all behaving absolutely perfectly on one of our biggest ever games

Reactions: ozo
I was out in Benidorm at the beginning of June and every English guy I met was talking to me about us. Our profile has never been higher and hopefully we build on this in the season coming. Oh and by the way most knew about their "indiscretions" & could not belive it wasn't national news.

Despite the best efforts of some of the folk on here who would suck the life out of Mr Motivator telling us it all amounted to nothing because we ultimately lost by a kick of a ball, last season gave Rangers fans some of the best memories ever.

That night vs Leipzig was the best I’ve been at in Ibrox including Kiev, Parma etc.

It was incredible and the lead up to the final it felt like Rangers were centre of the football Universe just for a wee while.

It still hurts we didn’t win it, I think we were the best side in tournament, but it is still up there with the best seasons following Rangers.

Despite the best efforts of some of the folk on here who would suck the life out of Mr Motivator telling us it all amounted to nothing because we ultimately lost by a kick of a ball, last season gave Rangers fans some of the best memories ever.

That night vs Leipzig was the best I’ve been at in Ibrox including Kiev, Parma etc.

It was incredible and the lead up to the final it felt like Rangers were centre of the football Universe just for a wee while.

It still hurts we didn’t win it, I think we were the best side in tournament, but it is still up there with the best seasons following Rangers.
100% this mate. People claiming it meant nothing - I can only deduce they weren’t there and don’t care about Rangers. That night v Leipzig, in isolation, is the absolute greatest night of supporting Rangers I’ve ever experienced. Standing alongside my old man and one of my best friends, where standing in the same place where we watched absolute horrors unfold in front of us, to watch us beat an exceptional side to reach a European final. Seeing how much it meant to everyone. It was an incredible sight. An incredible feeling. An incredible moment for Rangers. A moment that No one, NO ONE, will ever take that away from us.

Rangers FC - The Worlds Greatest.

100% this mate. People claiming it meant nothing - I can only deduce they weren’t there and don’t care about Rangers. That night v Leipzig, in isolation, is the absolute greatest night of supporting Rangers I’ve ever experienced. Standing alongside my old man and one of my best friends, where standing in the same place where we watched absolute horrors unfold in front of us, to watch us beat an exceptional side to reach a European final. Seeing how much it meant to everyone. It was an incredible sight. An incredible feeling. An incredible moment for Rangers. A moment that No one, NO ONE, will ever take that away from us.

Rangers FC - The Worlds Greatest.

Great post mate, and captures the emotion of the night so well.

Would only disagree with your last paragraph Tags.

Frankfurt were the best side in the tournament and worthy winners. Didn't lose a single game in the entire competition.

Would only disagree with your last paragraph Tags.

Frankfurt were the best side in the tournament and worthy winners. Didn't lose a single game in the entire competition.

Aye, I'm definitely biased. However I think in comparison with the league we are stuck in and relevant budgets we were definitely the ones most punching above our weight.

You're right though, they were worthy winners.

Despite how Sevilla turned out, that Leipzig night’s in my mind & heart forever.

Just like Bayern in 72, just like Kiev in 87, I just need to close my eyes & the memories flood back.

And this WAS my greatest night as a bear, despite being in the stadium in Barcelona.

Last edited:
Nearly. Believe 3k went to mygers then the rest to hospitality/complimentary.

There was an ex player sitting with over 20 tickets between the family. Albeit a couple of the family are ex players (can guess who).

I think the board made that decision so the ‘hardcore’ didn’t ‘shame’ us on the big stage.
If that's the case (and I don't doubt you) it's hard to understand the Boards logic. Surely the most hardcore are those who have amassed the most MyGers points and by definition go week in week out.
Hadn't heard about the ex Player with 20 tickets, if true that's just so wrong!

It was a brilliant run and we done it by playing brilliant, technical football and scoring for fun in the KO ties.

Watching us in Europe is an absolute joy these days. The atmosphere at Ibrox on these nights is the best on the continent.

Not in my memory. Back in the day Finals would always go to replays until it was settled.

If we got a second chance this year, who knows
Yeah, you are absolutely right, I wasn't applying my logic to a Final!
Actually you got me thinking, what happened to the Golden Goal, how long did that last for? Was it used for a Season or two or only trialled??

Before the final I think I was watching that 10 minutes of spine tingling scenes about 10 times a day leading up to it.

Being honest I struggle to watch anything now. I can't even bring myself to look at the pictures I've got from Seville. Time will heal all and hopefully soon I can look back on it with happiness, in the way I still watch Road to Manchester by AJ west.

Ibrox last season for Europa will stay with me forever, honestly some of the best nights I've had.

Last edited:
Between what you said and Rangers giving the bulk of tickets to who they wanted rather than the core support, it’s a mixture of both.

Hopefully a lesson for the future.

Btw, I’m almost certain Leipzig will never be beaten.
I always enjoy reading posts like this. The atmosphere that night, it was truly like nothing else, and is now the benchmark for incredible atmospheres. But I can't wait for the day when you have to start posting " I thought Leipzig atmosphere would never be beaten but this was on a whole new level ... ". It's one of best things about supporting Rangers. Just when you don't think it can get any better ... It does :))

This is one of the reasons I don't get the criticism of the vloggers who were at our European games. You just need to look at the comments on their videos from folk all around the world who are totally enamoured by what they've seen of Ibrox. It's brilliant PR for us.

Last edited:
This is one of the reasons I don't get the criticism of the vloggers who were at our Europen games. You just need to look at the comments on their videos from folk all around the world who are totally enamoured by what they've seen of Ibrox. It's brilliant PR for us.
Yeah, got to admit watching some of their videos videos became part of my routine after the games also when I’d get home from the game as it’s a great way to relive it.

Yeah, you are absolutely right, I wasn't applying my logic to a Final!
Actually you got me thinking, what happened to the Golden Goal, how long did that last for? Was it used for a Season or two or only trialled??
Can’t remember m8. I think you’re right, but it couldn’t have been more than a couple of seasons at most.

Yeah, got to admit watching some of their videos videos became part of my routine after the games also when I’d get home from the game as it’s a great way to relive it.
Attended all the games but the first thing I'd do the following morning was fire up some of the vlogs on Youtube to relive them. Still do it occasionally and still get goosebumps watching the Leipzig game.

I would argue we didn't lose the final. Rather, we played a team with a turnover 4 x that we have and who play in one of the 'super-leagues' and they were unable to beat us over 120 minutes.
We then lost a penalty shoot out!
Semantics maybe, but we seriously underestimate how well we did in the final with a team without a recognised striker
Your comments are the same as praise given to us by Roddy Forsyth on Radio 4 the following morning, going out U.K. wise

Between what you said and Rangers giving the bulk of tickets to who they wanted rather than the core support, it’s a mixture of both.

Hopefully a lesson for the future.

Btw, I’m almost certain Leipzig will never be beaten.
The ticketing was no fault of Rangers! The blame lies totally with UEFA.Firstly the wrong venue/city capacity far to small for two clubs with huge travelling supports..Then they give both clubs a tiny allocation.Rangers were in an impossible position re allocation of tickets so many sponsors etc, season ticket holders, players, staff the list is never ending! No I didn’t get a ticket but I fully understand why.

The 2 minutes after Kamara scored was the most outrageous feeling I have ever felt in a stadium.

can't really explain properly how f*cking amazing it was, it didn't feel real.

This is weird to say, but I am actually glad the weather was quite gash and a bit grey for most of it rather than as warm and bright as it should have been, made the whole place look even more amazing

If you are ever feeling down just head over to You Tube and watch the celebrations after our win over Leipzig I guarantee you will have a smile and burst with pride. I have many times, have you?

I will be honest, yes, we lost the Final but that match will live in the memory for ever. It was special.

Even more special are the comments about Ibrox and Rangers from everywhere. England, of course, Italy, Mexico, Portugal you name it, even from Celtic supporters. As I say it makes you burst for pride. People want to experience it.

Let’s hope we can repeat it next season.
Great post. I do it all the time. I still can’t watch the final, but that semi was a different level to anything in football. Watch it back and listen to the cheer when McGregor makes the save just before the equaliser. What a roar that was.

Easily one of the best feelings I’ve ever had during and after that game. Only the birth of my kids would top the euphoria.

At one point during the game I just shut my eyes and took in the noise for a moment. No drug touch that feeling.

After the game was just pure emotion. Everybody around me crying.

It's just a shame it couldn't be replicated in the final.

Which isn't a criticism of the fans at the game. I was at both and wasn't on the same form in the final as 2 weeks before. With the sun , nerves and lack of water I was struggling to stay on my feet at points let alone belt out some songs.
Likewise

The lack of a hardcore ultra section really hurt us - apparently also an issue in Manchester too (yeah plenty of them were there but they weren’t en masse in one area like they usually would be).

I sung non stop but at times felt different tiers were singing different songs and rather than one taking over they clashed and then just seemed to fizzle out.

I agree. There was plenty of singing in pockets but it wasn't well orchestrated so died out quickly.

This

great summary
and regardless of losing the final ,it did feel like all eyes were on our team,our fans ,our stadium what a journey it was .

my only slight disagreement is I still think the Kiev game was the loudest ,most intense atmosphere I've been in at Ibrox.
But that's immaterial

hopefully we have many more nights like these for many years going forward.

I would argue we didn't lose the final. Rather, we played a team with a turnover 4 x that we have and who play in one of the 'super-leagues' and they were unable to beat us over 120 minutes.
We then lost a penalty shoot out!
Semantics maybe, but we seriously underestimate how well we did in the final with a team without a recognised striker.
We should have put this case to UEFA and maybe, with fairness in mind, they would have awarded the trophy to us. Penalties are part of knockout football. They scored theirs. Our big signing half-arsed his. So yes, we lost the final. Any other view is bizarre.

Sadly the club still know nothing about fan culture.

I flew from Oz just to be in Manchester in 2008 and was bitterly disappointed with our fans INSIDE the stadium.

As someone who made it to Barcelona in 72 it was a case of dejavu.

Sevilla was third time unlucky though I do appreciate the circumstances were awful.

Compare all three atmospheres to Leipzig and ask yourself why? Send your answers to Ibrox.
It’s also important to remember that the Union Bears were denied entry with a van load of ‘fan materials. Contrast this with how the Germans were able (and allowed) to get flags, t-shirts and pyro in. To my mind there can only be one of three answers ; steward officials were bribed to allow this, stewards turned a collective blind eye anyway or (and this is the most distasteful) the materials gained entry via the official German party. If you think about it, there aren’t any other possibilities (unless I’m missing them).

Back