Just reading all the comments on You Tube about the Ibrox Atmosphere v Leipzig from all over the world- Amazing

If that's the case (and I don't doubt you) it's hard to understand the Boards logic. Surely the most hardcore are those who have amassed the most MyGers points and by definition go week in week out.
Hadn't heard about the ex Player with 20 tickets, if true that's just so wrong!
Nope I miss few games but don't have mygers...

It's just a shame it couldn't be replicated in the final.

Which isn't a criticism of the fans at the game. I was at both and wasn't on the same form in the final as 2 weeks before. With the sun , nerves and lack of water I was struggling to stay on my feet at points let alone belt out some songs.
If they let the clubs deal with the tickets instead of all this piss lotto system with EUFA then all finals would have a better atmosphere. IMHO tickets for event like these should be heading towards season ticket holders and fans who attend most of the games, this would leave people like me out, but I think prio for people who go is a fairer system.

Last time I felt that good during a season was when I was skiving off work early afternoon to catch the Parma game 20+ years ago.

The pride in our Europa run will live with me forever. Runs like that make you want to shove the title up some mhank c*ws arse :))

Other than the birth of my children, Leipzig Semi Final was the best night of my life. My wedding wouldnt come closs!
People say this all the time and I don't completely go along with it.

It's a completely different joy. We all love our kids, of course we do and I hope mine understand if any of them read this, but when my kids plopped out their mum's capacious squishy mitten, I didn't exactly grab the nearest midwife and almost squeeze the living daylights out of her like I did the wummin next to me at Ibrox, who happily reciprocated. Probably the only set of circumstances you'd ever get away with that in society.

I didn't leap about like Zebedee at a punk concert.
I didn't shout at the top of my voice "Ya fucking beauty".

Probably the only thing in common is the high that lasts for days on end.

Yep! It's a totally different joy, neither of them can be beaten in their own way, but for sheer ecstasy nothing beats huge victories and huge goals.

We all saw the guy on the receiving end of Lundstram's embrace.
That was unrivalled joy right there.

Will live with me forever. What a special place on earth our stadium is and our fans are the greatest ive witnessed anywhere. Im in Turkey on holiday with my family just now and everynight ive worn our crest some random football supporter from so many teams, Turkish, German, English... even Russian have stopped me to acknowledge the Sevilla embroidery on my shirt with comments like Wow! You Rangers so unlucky... you will do it next time. And we will! We are the greatest fuckin fans in the world, our club is the most respected institution in world football.... we are the fucking people!

I would argue we didn't lose the final. Rather, we played a team with a turnover 4 x that we have and who play in one of the 'super-leagues' and they were unable to beat us over 120 minutes.
We then lost a penalty shoot out!
Semantics maybe, but we seriously underestimate how well we did in the final with a team without a recognised striker.
I actually said that to a mate about the striker dilemma we had, actually dragged ourselves to European final from the quarter final with no proper strikers, I honestly think we would have won it with Morelos fully fit.

If Real Madrid lost Benzema in the quarter final of the champions league I dont believe they would have won it.

It's a completely different joy. We all love our kids, of course we do and I hope mine understand if any of them read this, but when my kids plopped out their mum's capacious squishy mitten, I didn't exactly grab the nearest midwife and almost squeeze the living daylights out of her like I did the wummin next to me at Ibrox, who happily reciprocated. Probably the only set of circumstances you'd ever get away with that in society.

Yep! It's a totally different joy, neither of them can be beaten in their own way, but for sheer ecstasy nothing beats huge victories and huge goals.

Poetry mate. Just beautiful!

Perfectly put.

Sadly, explaining that to a woman who doesn't like football is impossible haha.
My wife is Aussie, so that is another level down in terms of understanding - at least women at home have some idea what is expected.

It’s also important to remember that the Union Bears were denied entry with a van load of ‘fan materials. Contrast this with how the Germans were able (and allowed) to get flags, t-shirts and pyro in. To my mind there can only be one of three answers ; steward officials were bribed to allow this, stewards turned a collective blind eye anyway or (and this is the most distasteful) the materials gained entry via the official German party. If you think about it, there aren’t any other possibilities (unless I’m missing them).

Rangers should have made sure the UB were looked after and their display was allowed.

I actually said that to a mate about the striker dilemma we had, actually dragged ourselves to European final from the quarter final with no proper strikers, I honestly think we would have won it with Morelos fully fit.

If Real Madrid lost Benzema in the quarter final of the champions league I dont believe they would have won it.
Couldn’t agree more - on both counts

Atmosphere that night will never be bettered
3iar Hateley header v sheep
8iar the Gazza show v sheep
Helicopter Sunday v Dunfermline
Rangers V Motherwell in the cup 2012.
All non stop singing somewhere, bouncing stands. Given that beating Leipzig meant a Euro final....I think those other games atmosphere were at least as good.

3iar Hateley header v sheep
8iar the Gazza show v sheep
Helicopter Sunday v Dunfermline
Rangers V Motherwell in the cup 2012.
All non stop singing somewhere, bouncing stands. Given that beating Leipzig meant a Euro final....I think those other games atmosphere were at least as good.
Great atmosphere at all the games you mention but they all fall short of the Leipzig game but that’s only my opinion

Genuinely think the attendance against leipzig could've been pushing 55k. Every staircase was rammed. The young team all sneaking through the turnstiles

As much as it was amazing, I can’t bring myself to watch any of the goals, games, fan vids from last seasons Europa league. It’s still sore. Haven’t watched Zenit again. Might be soft. Please somebody tell me that’s normal?

As much as it was amazing, I can’t bring myself to watch any of the goals, games, fan vids from last seasons Europa league. It’s still sore. Haven’t watched Zenit again. Might be soft. Please somebody tell me that’s normal?
You’d have to be a masochist to re-watch that again tbh

I’ve watched the highlights of nearly every knockout game from last season 100 times since the final.

Neither of the finals have been on.

Back