Just viewed all our highlights of our European games for 4 years

Great memories guys.

So many amazing moments.

Drawing with Villarreal away when most of us feared a skelping.

The first win vs Rapid Vienna

Playing Spartak off the park away and getting undone by bad luck and bad officiating.

Winning in the last minute vs Legia Warsaw (who were the maddest set of fans I’ve ever seen at Ibrox, from the Pope banner, setting off flairs then when the smoke dispersed, they all had their tops off)

Beating Feyenoord in the first game since Ricksen had died, beating Porto, peak Morelos, Braga at home!!

Lockdown season, the goal vs Galatasaray, playing Benfica off the park twice and getting pegged back from 2no 2 goal advantages home and away, Roofes goal! Borna scoring crap penalties haha

Then last season!

What a journey, told my 16yo son to lap it up as this doesn’t happen very often…

I said, “son, enjoy this final, I’m 43 and this is only my second European final”

He said “da, I’m 16 and it’s my second” haha like you’re thinking young gun.

Red Star was also an underrated win. They had some good creative players and caused us a lot of problems.
I was beginning to think it was just me that thought that
Going forward in the first leg they gave us a torrid time
Three disallowed goals - a missed penalty and some decent saves from McGregor - that first 25-30 minutes were insane - it was relentless

We did well to beat them over two legs - very underrated team

Don’t think anything will ever top Leipzig and then Seville. That being said, I’d take the Europa League every season now, best case scenario we can get to a point we finish 3rd in the CL and drop into the Europa. We get the CL money and the chance at a wee run in the EL.

The win against Galatasaray goes way under the radar. They were a good team and it was absolutely crucial we got group stage football, that year of all years. In a one off game, we were superb.

I remember saying to some friends this was the greatest European Rangers team in our history, around the time we had beaten Feyenoord I think. A few of them laughed and pointed to 72 which is fair enough, but I think I have been vindicated. We have never in our history punched so consistently above our weight. A club from out league is not supposed to regularly beat the caliber of teams we have.

Don’t think anything will ever top Leipzig and then Seville. That being said, I’d take the Europa League every season now, best case scenario we can get to a point we finish 3rd in the CL and drop into the Europa. We get the CL money and the chance at a wee run in the EL.
You aren't alone in saying that but there is only one season of dropping down between competitions left and if people want Europa from now on then they are happy finishing 2nd in the league every year. We just need to play the hand we are dealt in terms of the competition we are in and take it from there. So many mitigating circumstances this season in Europe.

Some journey the club has had in Europe the past 4-5 years.

I know the champions League was a major disappointment but do you think we can view that as an experience that we must better when we qualify again?

I think there's a lot of work to do to get back to that consistent level tbh and that will involve saying goodbye to certain players which we have seen already.

For the slating arfield gets in this forum his contribution since joining has been incredible, he's popped up with major goals in the league/Europe and cup games.

It's sad to see a cycle of a team come to an end but I think we can all see it's needed to progress further.

Champions league campaign this season was a huge learning curve for everyone the players, Gio, the board and dare i say us the fans for what it takes to compete at the highest level. It was one of the hardest groups we could have got outwith the group of Barca, Bayern and Inter.

The results in the champions league certainly played a part in where we are in the league this season. It's been a great run in Europe the last few years getting some great results against big clubs and Seville still hurts a bit with just how close we came.

Oh yesss, Dortmund away was my first Rangers live match. What a night. Okay, Dortmund was on a dry run but in regard to their squad one could not expect the outcome. High flying after the match.

Brilliant story mate.

I’m curious as to how you became a Rangers fan. Would be great to know.

Brilliant story mate.

I’m curious as to how you became a Rangers fan. Would be great to know.
Actually I lived in the Duisburg, quite close to Dortmund/Bochum/Essen etc. and grew up with the local Duisburg club MSV. Round about 30 years ago I changed location to Mainz, near Frankfurt. With the distance and a lot of misguidance in the Duisburg upper management I lost the contact to my former club. Sometime around 2013 I got aware of the "Rangers crisis" and their banishment. Strangly attracted by this occurance (how can such a flagship be relegated into the 4th tier??) I started to FollowFollow. At first loosely, just checking results, reading an article here and there. But over the years the bond grew and with Gerrard's arrival latest there was no other club and my RTV matchdays are my holy grail. Lots of books and hours spent on youtube later I try to soak up everything Rangers and stay as close to the club as the regional distance allows. Anyway, a trip to Glasgow is on my "must do" list. Ibrox has to be experienced first hand....

Give me the Europa League over CL any day.

We have done fantastically well in Europe overall in the last few years, we don't get the credit we deserve especially from our own fans. We had no real right to be competing with the likes of Porto and Villarreal at that time.

Feyenoord away - two defensive lapses meant we drew the game but we outclassed them massively. Tough place to go and great atmosphere.

Genuinely had never seen us play with that much swagger in europe until that game.
That was the thing about Europe the last few years, we played really good football. For too long we felt inferior at that level and you were watching from behind the couch most of the time. We went from playing shitebag football to scoring fantastic one touch passing goals away to Benfica.

Edited to say we paid £1m for Morelos. That is insane. No matter how it ends, he is one of the best signings we've made in modern times.

You aren't alone in saying that but there is only one season of dropping down between competitions left and if people want Europa from now on then they are happy finishing 2nd in the league every year. We just need to play the hand we are dealt in terms of the competition we are in and take it from there. So many mitigating circumstances this season in Europe.

If the coefficient wanes slightly we are likely to end up in a situation where the Scottish champions have to play CL qualifiers.

You can still drop from the qualifiers into the EL.

Once you’re in the group stage from 2024 onwards, that’s you stuck in that competition.

As you say, let’s just play hand we are dealt and see where we go.

A big eye opener for me was in Gerrard first season. We went to Villarreal and played 4-3-3 and were very good in a 2-2 draw. Incredible to think we went there with the belief to play our game.

Then going to Moscow and again going for it and somehow losing 4-3.

Right from the off Gerrard had us competing and believing in Europe

A big eye opener for me was in Gerrard first season. We went to Villarreal and played 4-3-3 and were very good in a 2-2 draw. Incredible to think we went there with the belief to play our game.

Then going to Moscow and again going for it and somehow losing 4-3.

Right from the off Gerrard had us competing and believing in Europe
Probably add in Ufa down to 9 men as well

Feyenoord away - two defensive lapses meant we drew the game but we outclassed them massively. Tough place to go and great atmosphere.

Genuinely had never seen us play with that much swagger in europe until that game.

Benfica away as well we were playing proper football right round them. Still can’t believe we drew that night.

Been a phenomenal few years, I’m confident that Beale will pick it up again next season.

Genuinely don’t think I’ll ever get over Seville. The adrenaline rush of those last 2 months of the season will never be beaten.
The only consolation i take from Seville is my belief that Rangers couldnt have done anymore or played any differently that night, we didnt have a fit striker ffs

Even though the CL group stages were a disaster, we still had USG (home) and PSV (away) to add to great European nights of recent years.

I think at times people can get a little over-emotional about football but the Leipzig highlights will never fail to moisten the eyes.

Our European results don't get the credit they deserve, even amongst some of our own. I'm excited by what a Beale team can do.

Lots of really good comments reading through this. I think a large part of it is the pride of knowing all over Europe people would be noticing us back competing at this level, after where we had been.

Some great trips and memories these last few years, think there will be many more under Beale!

It's worth noting that next season is the last season where teams can "parachute" from the group stages. Once the new format kicks in, that stops.

Not sure on the qualifiers, but I suspect they'll work as they currently do.

So getting to the latter stages of a competition might mean not qualifying for the CL so we can do that in the Europa League. I'm not sure that's a compromise worth making, as the money in the CL is supposedly going to increase a fair amount.

The run to Seville was the most enjoyable period of games I can remember. Home and away for every one apart from Dortmund away - the buzz was incredible. Every home game everyone was right up for it. Will always hold GVB in the highest regard for delivering those nights. Especially against Leipzig - the greatest night in Ibrox history.

I’ve supported Rangers since early 90’s & we’ve never been as consistent as we were for the last 4-5 years. Unbelievable run by Ge55ard/ Beale & Gio.

Don’t underestimate the challenge of beating PSV to qualify for CL this year either by Gio…ok we were embarrassed but no way do Sellick knock out PSV.

If you offered me the same over next 4 years?? YES please!!!

Some very memorable and enjoyable moments along the euro campaign of recent, sadly our clubs lackadaisical off field management will hold us back in Europe when we are still dependent on players in their late 30’s to compete or at least challenge with europes “elite players” when we won’t reinvest in the squad to take it to the next level when qualifying. Almost as if the club are happy to take qualifying money and settle at that now. ( judged on this years effort )

Some very memorable and enjoyable moments along the euro campaign of recent, sadly our clubs lackadaisical off field management will hold us back in Europe when we are still dependent on players in their late 30’s to compete or at least challenge with europes “elite players” when we won’t reinvest in the squad to take it to the next level when qualifying. Almost as if the club are happy to take qualifying money and settle at that now. ( judged on this years effort )

it's a hard one, we can't pay the wages without risking the future of the club and mid-20s elite players are never coming to Scotland.

I’m still heartbroken about Seville.

That pain was consolidated by the CL horror show.

Hopefully Mick can restore some pride.

Yeah I think about it constantly. I barely think about Manchester because we got battered that day off of a fair better team.

I keep thinking, Goldson why didn't you take a swing at that get the ball cleared. Kent's chance, just get it in the back of the net and let the ref make a decision. He hit that anywhere but where he did its in. Ramseys penalty, oh man drives me insane just a bad penalty. Being so close to glory makes it all that bit harder, especially when its mistakes that could've been avoided that lost us the game.

It’s so disappointing knowing there aren’t more European games coming up.

This year was a disaster but let’s hope we can go deep into the EL again next season (after finishing 3rd in our Champions league group)

Back