Just wait for Part 2 from the SPL

SPFL wont want to touch this due to the scum and their 19th Century Terrorist banner.
Plus given the hanging effigies of orangemen then they are between a rock and hard place. They will want to do us but cant

Those who think dropping one song we barely sing any more is going to appease these zealots are naive in the extreme.

This is a concerted attempt to derail us. Why are we only hearing about a punishment from the St Joseph’s game now?

Next week we will get the punishment for the other games. If we qualify our group games will have the entire Bròomie and Copland shut.

Yeah, but just stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists.

This isn't about the club Earl, it always comes back to a personal feeling of loss for you. Times change, everyone at some point has to face that things may be different and you might not always like it - be an adult and deal with it.

Serious question. If we stop singing about 19th Century Terrorists, which I have no problem with, do you really believe they will stop the attacks?

The club need to come out and state that anyone singing songs with the add-ons will be banned for life.

I think we’re at that point now.

It doesn’t matter that there’s a clear and sinister agenda against us; right now we threaten being kicked out of Europe altogether and Steven Gerrard walking away as a result if we can’t get our own act together.

FFS is not Liewell.......ITS OUR SUPPORTERS, SIMPLE.........STOP SINGING ABOUT 19th Century TerroristS AND THE POPE ETC........DONE ITS THAT FUCKIN EASY....... sing whatever you want anywhere else but in the ground STOP IT

If you were singing FTP and F*******B******* at the Orange Lodge meetings, you would be suspended, or even expelled.

I posted after the Killie game that it would be strict liability by the end of the season. The replies were that UEFA/FIFA won’t allow political interference.

Well now the Government have justification to tell the SFA to get it done.

Like what?

I see this excuse pointed out all the time but what can they go after?

I don’t understand why people want to desperately clutch to songs about TBB, Pope, 19th Century Terrorists, Bobby Sands etc.

It is fuck all to do with Rangers.

People like me have advocated that we should bin the shite about the UVF, Bobby Sands, the Pope etc but this is still not enough for the catholic mafia. They want us gone and unfortunately in the politically correct climate we live in, people take their bullshit seriously.
There are no amount of concessions we can give to them that will ever satisfy their bloodlust.

We'd need time...for too many years the club has retreated, and surrendered, making any fight now all but impossible. Also UEFA are opaque and don't explain decision. They can't be reasoned with.

I am 99% sure that simply dropping TBB won't make this go away though....so the 'simple solution' is to me far from simple.

If you point out the solution isnt simple you get abused on here. It seems the easy way is to just keep repeating the message, dont sing the bad songs.

People like me have advocated that we should bin the shite about the UVF, Bobby Sands, the Pope etc but this is still not enough for the catholic mafia. They want us gone and unfortunately in the politically correct climate we live in, people take their bullshit seriously.
There are no amount of concessions we can give to them that will ever satisfy their bloodlust.

While I agree with what you say I think its time for the club to start engaging properly with the fans to decide on a position that we all agree can be defended. This cant go on.

Can I add that I did stop singing TBB and don't sing it now. I've no issue with that.

It's the ludicrous idea that we were being deeply offensive, and simply fell to natural justice...grow up. We are being victimised by scum, tramp, Filth bastards. Let's not pretend otherwise.
What about the 4/5 other sides being done at the same time as us and given the same ban or worse?

Are there separate sections of society within their own countries out to get them as well?

That will be it for a lot of folks I presume.

If they go nuclear I suspect it’s game over for Scottish Football.....most rational fans will think what’s the point in spending money on this.

The self fulfilling prophecy of Scottish Football hating itself to death!

Yes but no one was offended. No away fans, game not on TV. The TBB burst was short. Who exactly was discriminated against?

We've been told before. We cannot sing it. It doesn't matter if there's someone inside the stadium who's offended or not.

It's UEFA's rules. If we don't like their rules, they can kick us out.

I don't want that.

There's no arguing with what you say as it stands presently. But at what point would you say enough is enough?
This is not going to stop at the "bad" songs. It will progress to ALL songs. Once they are done with that it will move on to THINGS like flags and banners. I mean, what does the Ulster flag have to do with Rangers? That's rhetorical because no explanation will suffice.
After that, it seems that the FARE people will move on to badges on scarves and point to the "unusual" amount of Rangers supporters that are members of Orange Lodges.
We can stop singing all songs but this is not going away. It is open season on our club and culture.

I agree with and share your view; however, in the immediate we need to stop singing those songs as they only serve to hurt the Club.

We're at a point where there isn't really any choice here, whether we agree or not and, to my knowledge we don't have anyone in any key positions (e.g. sat on the UEFA board) to throw their weight about on our behalf.

Any organization takes points from us then I’m chucking it. Absolutely done with football for good. Corruption will have won the day because those utter smelly stinking rancid tramp bastards across the city are way worse with their behaviour and songs yet will get nothing done because of scum govt and scum running the game protecting them.

EOL in wrong here. Fare ignored us in lower leagues ? No Europe, that's why. The SPL clubs always oppose total liability, so we are a wee bit away from getting punished there.
It's not a level playing field, it never will be. Almost every football club in Scotland (outwith the obvious ones) are 95% protestant, liberal and have no hatred for RCs and in fact get embarrassed at our uber Presbyterian outlook.

Very true, and in fairness I've never hidden that football is just a part of my Rangers Story. In fact the % of why I became a true blue, stayed one, and still find passion, that is 'just about football' is way less than 50%. I am also aware that I will the one leaving before club changes back to please me....against I've never hidden that. The idea of a 'new style, politically correct Rangers' is indeed truly ghastly and I wouldn't fund it...but I have ZERO expectations that anyone else think same, do the same, or 'follow my lead'.

If I’m understanding you correctly, Earl, you’re inferring that you define your support of the club as being inextricably linked with an interpretation of Scottish Protestantism that demands the right to vocalise its opposition to Catholicism via that support?

i.e. you’re not prepared to have one without the other?

If so, and as much as you’ve always been a hugely well respected poster on here, one that genuinely loves the club - I don’t think that’s in doubt - but at this point in time, you threaten to be an obstacle to its very future.

It’s an awful internecine situation we find ourselves in, but the football club is the only thing that matters to all of us, and it’s the only thing that should prevail.

If you’re collateral damage as a result, so be it.

Any organization takes points from us then I’m chucking it. Absolutely done with football for good. Corruption will have won the day because those utter smelly stinking rancid tramp bastards across the city are way worse with their behaviour and songs yet will get nothing done because of scum govt and scum running the game protecting them.

I understand why you have arrived at this point but you won't chuck it mate, things will change for the better - we just need to kick those songs and make ourselves untouchable on and off the pitch.

Yes but no one was offended. No away fans, game not on TV. The TBB burst was short. Who exactly was discriminated against?

I was at the St Joseph game and I can't for the life of me remember any particularly offensive songs being sang; however, they were and they were heard by those who were listening out for offence and that's why we need to drop it.

There are people at our games to catch us and punish the Club and we're giving them the rounds to fire away.

I know what we've got to do. But...

What did they do about the Aberdeen fans singing orange bastards, go home you huns. The countless opposition support that refer to us as hun bastards.

The same words sang by the Hibs support on the first home league game of the season.

The effegies, the songs directed at Gerrard and co by the bheggars, the abuse Jimmy Bell received.

What about the banner on the opening day of the season (9/8/2019) at the piggery that read ... 19th Century Terrorist army.

Go after us and they have to go after the rest. Unfortunately they probably wouldn't and we don't have a board who would stand up and fight.

There is no point in asking why there are Celtic not being sanctions when te examples are from SPFL games.

This is purely about UEFA organised matches.

Spot on. Right now The Billy Boys seems to be the problem.
Next it will be The Cry Was No Surrender.
After that it will be Follow Follow because they all know we are thinking "FTP and the Vatican".
Then it will be any other song.
After that the Union Jack will be offensive. In many aspects of Scottish media it already considered offensive.
To all the people out there saying "Let's just stop singing the songs", knock yourself out. Then cave in to the next fake problem.
It's not the songs they want banned, it's us. Plain and simple. No concession will ever be enough. They want to shut us up, then shut us down.
And your solution is..?

Right now the most important thing is that no more harm is done to Rangers. That means an end to these songs being sung, for good.

I agree that we are being singled out, and that Celtic should also be getting similar punishments for the vile chants that their supporters regularly sing.

FARE do lack credibility, we all know that. But some seem to think that the way of getting back at FARE is to defy them and to continue to sing these songs, as if FARE are just going to admit defeat and walk away. That isn't going to happen. If these songs do not stop, we will end up being excluded from European football. Our income will fall. Players will leave. Our progress on the pitch will reverse and we can forget any talk about stopping nine or ten in a row.

Are people happy to see Rangers suffer like that, and for Celtic to continue winning league titles, as long as they can still sing about f.ucking Popes and all the other non-Rangers garbage?

If so, they can kindly f.uck off and find another club to support.

There is absolutely no appetite from either the SPFL or the SFA to do so due to the fact both Old Firm sides would have to be punished.
Furthermore anyone posting on here that points will be deducted in domestic games this season are incorrect and repeatedly doing so should result in a ban from this forum. There is no mechanism under the rules for this.
Possibly not , but they have been known to make up the rules as they go along in the past.

FFS is not Liewell.......ITS OUR SUPPORTERS, SIMPLE.........STOP SINGING ABOUT 19th Century TerroristS AND THE POPE ETC........DONE ITS THAT FUCKIN EASY....... sing whatever you want anywhere else but in the ground STOP IT

Who will we blame if we already have another from the game last night for instance ?

Fucking mental attitude shown by some towards the club they profess to love.

This was always going to happen - 100% - when we looked even remotely capable of catching the Filth or being a 'normal club' again.

Who on here genuinely believes we won't see a swift move to 'strict liability' (actually not swift and planned for some time) which sees us docked points etc? If you do believe this isn't on its way then I have some magic beans for sale.

FARE didn't bother in 4 years in lower leagues and 2 crap seasons in SPL....we're quite good again?

They ALL hate us: Scum FC, media, politicians, nationalists, smarmy 'woke' opinion formers...and most openly see us a huge part of the brick wall of defending the Union.

They want us crushed.
Head shot mate...this isn't about our songs , the add on's ...this is about US as fans and as a club and also as a country. 'We are the People' was also tried to be added to a list of discriminatory songs, Follow Follow was also decried as sectarian by many... If '%^*& the Pope' is sectarian then 'F*** The Queen MUST ALSO be sectarian and treated just the same by EVERY support that sings that in EVERY game. 19th Century Terrorist has never been racist or meant Roman Catholic, in fact every time Roman Catholics refer themselves to being the only Catholics they are being sectarian, and also the Bishop of Rome is not the true Pope, when they claim to be 19th Century Terrorist's, Catholics, and the Pope as theirs actually they are being disgustingly sectarian, discriminatory and bigoted .

info@farenet.org
email to fare

Good afternoon

I've been approached many concerned individuals who are concerned at the lack of accountability of the observers that FARE.org employ in their observer approach to football matches.

Are you able to provide the ways in which you ensure a fair and impartial match observer for the games you cover and also how you would then 'quality control' that report that they then submit to ensure this is not itself a discriminatory attack on a team.

Also are you able to give details every game over the last 5 years that FARE observers have been present at and if they have submitted a report to UEFA on those matches ?

My request is soley to try and help support your ideals here and any data you can provide will only be used to help further inclusion in a sport we all love and enjoy.

Kind Regards

There are still to many people trying to say but but.but. It’s time to move on, just kill the singing of songs that bring harm to our club. Whatever they are singing across the road. I don’t care.

There are still to many people trying to say but but.but. It’s time to move on, just kill the singing of songs that bring harm to our club. Whatever they are singing across the road. I don’t care.

The problem is, this is about more than “just singing songs”.

There is a clear discrepancy on how we are policed vs others, and that must be challenged.

The problem is not going away no matter what we do. They will just invent something else to be offended by. It's not the songs that have landed us in trouble, it's Celtic fans grassing us up. And they must be laughing their bol!ocks off.
Flourished with this success, there will now be an onslaught on the SFA/SPFL to do us on any trumped up charge they can think of. Dornan will already be drafting another strict liability statement.
Meanwhile our club says nothing and accepts any old shit thrown our way, and more alarmingly, quite a few of our fans think that changing an odd song or two will make the big bad bhigots just go away and leave us alone.

Last edited:
It's not one song though and we.all know it. When do you ever go to Ibrox and not hear these words as part of the regular song book....
19th Century Terrorist Bassa, IRA, Bobby Sands, %^*& the Pope
There is no need, half our team are now Catholic, who gives a feck about Bobby Sands, we keep the cretins memory alive by constantly singing his name.
There are plenty of good Rangers songs that can be sung without issue.

Cant get my head around why some folk cant see that chanting stuff like that would be deemed offensive.

For all those citing a conspiracy how long do you think we would get away with singing about the pope if we played in the English premier league? We wouldn't and the songs would be getting highlighted on MOTD once they realised what was being sung.

Back