Just watched the game again

Just watched the game again...

The Morelos miss is inexcusable...
To think some were calling for him to get a call up for Columbia.

Cummings deserves a run of games.

Last edited:
Many of us said Holt for Goss at ht on the match thread.

Looking back there were many individual mistakes on the park but without doubt the biggest mistakes were made by the manager.

Mistake was taking Goss off and not replacing with creative player.....! Docherty had a quiet and scared game today, Goss yes didn’t exactly play well but when in the game did we utilise his strengths???

John off and go 2 at back against Dembele (edwardo was more hitting on counter) maybe have Docherty sitting in front of back 2, let Goss get on ball and play through them!

Just watched the game again...

The Morelos miss is inexcusably...
To think some were calling for him to get a call up for Columbia.

Cummings deserves a run of games.

If you watched the game again you'll have seen all the good work morelos did in the first half?! Caused their defence a lot of issue. The kind of work Cummings wouldn't be able to do.

Trying to find a formation that suits both of them is the way forward.

The change at half time was Holt for Windass and to go to a 433.
Tims had Brown, Nitcham, McGregor and Rogic playing. 4 Central midfielders up against our 2...3 if you count Windass but he was non existant in pressing them after his goal.

Brown and Nitcham were sitting infront of Goss and Docherty with McGregor and Rogic purposely sitting behind them and taking up the spaces left when Goss/Docherty went to press. Amount of times they were able to pass right through us was criminal. They always had 1 or 2 men spare in the centre of the park.
We were completely outnumbered in the centre and it was so avoidable.

If you watched the game again you'll have seen all the good work morelos did in the first half?! Caused their defence a lot of issue. The kind of work Cummings wouldn't be able to do.

Trying to find a formation that suits both of them is the way forward.

Good work doesn't win points.

I've said on other threads I appreciate what Morelos brings to the team but he is the main point in our attack and with that responsibility comes expectations to score goals.

Cummings is clinical and would have finished the one on one and the sitter.

Tims had Brown, Nitcham, McGregor and Rogic playing. 4 Central midfielders up against our 2...3 if you count Windass but he was non existant in pressing them after his goal.

Brown and Nitcham were sitting infront of Goss and Docherty with McGregor and Rogic purposely sitting behind them and taking up the spaces left when Goss/Docherty went to press. Amount of times they were able to pass right through us was criminal. They always had 1 or 2 men spare in the centre of the park.

They played 3-4-2-1.

Same system as Chelsea play and Juve used to.

Conte inspired system.

Goss substation should have been for holt.

Time and time again managers think the solution is to get more forwards on the pitch when teams go down to ten men

What’s crucial is to control the midfield and stretch the opponents

For me a massive mistake
Holt should have been on before the start of the match.

That was the mistake.

Not making the correct sub at the correct time was the second mistake.

Looked to me
And Murty if you saw him 30 seconds into the game that Celtic played 451
He was indicating a 5 to John I think to get the message to the team

Tierney simunovic Ambrose mk.2 and Ajer

Looked to me
And Murty if you saw him 30 seconds into the game that Celtic played 451
He was indicating a 5 to John I think to get the message to the team

Tierney simunovic Ambrose mk.2 and Ajer
They did.

They played exactly the same as us.

It was a 4231 with the ball, Brown and Nitcham sitting.

They played a flat 451, without the ball.

Windass disappeared. GM seems to have something of a blind spot when it comes to him. I’d have had him off and Miller on with 15-20 mins to go. They brought on Armstrong just to give them fresh legs. We didn’t use all our subs, which was a mistakeb

Mistake was taking Goss off and not replacing with creative player.....! Docherty had a quiet and scared game today, Goss yes didn’t exactly play well but when in the game did we utilise his strengths???

John off and go 2 at back against Dembele (edwardo was more hitting on counter) maybe have Docherty sitting in front of back 2, let Goss get on ball and play through them!

Go to a back 2, are you off your melt?

Time and time again managers think the solution is to get more forwards on the pitch when teams go down to ten men

For me a massive mistake
Holt should have had game time without doubt today. His energy in the middle of the park was sorely missed. Definitely would have helped young Greg's cause I'm sure

What is a scared game?

Docherty certainly got pass marks today.

We never learned a thing after Hibs.

Also, the bheggars hate teams in their face, pressing them, getting stuck in and sitting right on them.

Why did we allow them so much time and space. Boyata was bobbling balls about the park 10 yards inside his own half.

We never learned a thing after Hibs.

Also, the bheggars hate teams in their face, pressing them, getting stuck in and sitting right on them.

Why did we allow them so much time and space. Boyata was bobbling balls about the park 10 yards inside his own half.

Exactly what I thought, the time they were getting by us sitting off them before they got their second was a contributing factor to it.

I’m not sure actually, the game was being played in the poets final 3rd and if it wasn’t for Alfredo’s ridiculous miss windass breaking through could have made the difference

Watched the highlight there, Goss is absolutely woefull at the first and third goals, powderpuff challenge at the first then turns his back on Eduardo and completely sells himself at the third. Needs to realise what's at stake in these games.

We get to h/t 2-1 in front it’s a different game .We don’t but don’t understand why he doesn’t go Cummins Morelos straight away when Simunovic is sent off

Agree, but can our manager see it and change it for the semi. With Dorrans/Jack in there, we are a different animal.

For me a massive mistake

Agree 100%.

Losing a centre back when the other one is just back from injury was disaster. Added to the fact that Martin was already unavailable we had our 4th choice coming on who hasn't played at all.

We couldn't afford that today, the 2nd goal quite likely not to have happened without losing Bates.

I still think we merited at least a draw, people saying they were running midfield what with 49% possession?

Going ahead seemed to put us in our shell, rather than them overrunning us.

Murty was schooled by Rodgers. If murty makes a positive change by bringing Cummings on for Windass as he was posted missing as a midfielder we might have actually won a game that was there to be won.

It was avoidable against Hibs 5 weeks ago as well.

Murty is increasingly becoming Warburton-lite in blindly walking in to these big games against good sides with a self-inflicted handicap. A team in our position can’t blindly play the same tactics against Falkirk as against them.

Windass disappeared. GM seems to have something of a blind spot when it comes to him. I’d have had him off and Miller on with 15-20 mins to go. They brought on Armstrong just to give them fresh legs. We didn’t use all our subs, which was a mistakeb

Your right about windass, he disappears almost every game but for some reason gets lauded on here by some.

Like a few others he is just not good enough

The sad story is that the manager can’t see it until it’s to late

He shoulder never get the job ful time

He scored the first and nearly scored the third which then landed on a plate for Morelos.

That's irrelevant to the Windass haters.

I just can't get my head around the fact that because Morelos works hard he shouldn't be dropped yet Windass has assists and goals in most games and he is still the whipping boy?

Morelos job is to score goals! He has no composure, can't head the ball and misses glaring opportunities which costs us points.

I have lost count the amount of times I've read that Windass is Murty's golden boy. I would argue that Morelos is Murty's and FF golden boy.

Back