Just Watched The Highlights

I agree. We did plenty in the first half, Morelos missed two, Ojo one and we had a great chance with a poor cut back to Ojo that should have resulted in a goal.

Lack of creation wasn’t the issue yesterday, it was lack of quality in the finish. We can’t be that wasteful.

100% m8, Morelos is not the player he's cracked up to be . Still very raw and misses a lot of sitters imo, his blast over the bar after a nice move in the first half should be a side footer low inside the post.
He is raw, most players his age do exhibit the limitations imposed by inexperience.
That is why most players don't reach full maturity and potential until their mid to late twenties.
Look at Teemu Pukki down south as a prime example.

However, already his movement around the box is a master class, his link-up play often understated is full of craft skill and inventiveness, and whilst we want him to score more, he scores and he scores and he wins matches and looks to be getting better with every single game.

I thought he was the one player yesterday who was on his game and his play to contribute to the team effort was outstanding.

He is indeed not the player he is cracked up to be, instead, he is actually even better than most give him credit for!
In fact he is a cracker and always he is a cracking watch and in football terms he is always worth the craic and not to see this is cracked.
Right, that is enough crack,

The fact we won by two goals shouldn’t disguise the fact that it was a struggle. When they got the penalty I was nearly reaching for the razor blades because we weren’t looking like banging a few in. Sure we had chances but no number of chances actually trumps a goal.

The saving grace is that we seem to be coming out of it with three points but I’ve got a dicky ticker and the Gers ain’t helping it.

100% m8, Morelos is not the player he's cracked up to be . Still very raw and misses a lot of sitters imo, his blast over the bar after a nice move in the first half should be a side footer low inside the post.

I agree he should have went low instead of going for the spectacular top corner finish, a sitter indeed. But the rest is utter nonsense. He’s not raw at all and he’s the most clinical finisher in the side by a distance, he’s also the player who tends to take the bull by the horns and drive us on when we’re struggling.

Reading a lot of we struggled to brake them down and other teams will be the same. Have to say I disagree, Morelos could have had a hat trick before half time! Another day one of those chances goes in, yes Livi parked the bus and other teams will too, but we created enough. Maybe the finishing was not as clinical as it should be, if there’s an area to be worked on it’s there.
That's the narrative they love to pump out. You just can't trust media outlets you have to see the game for yourself.

It’s all about getting that early goal. We started positively and with a sense of urgency. If we took one of he chances during that time it ends up being a completely different game.
Spot on an early goal kills most of these teams game plan,I dont blame them for these tactics its always been the case nothing new here.

I watched the full game last night knowing the score. It gives a totally different perspective to the performance and how the game played out as there is no nervousness and everything that doesnt come off doesnt get cursed.

We were fine first half and dominated against a deep defence, should have done better with some chances and may well have had a penalty for a foul on Morelos.

Second half the game was much more open and we scored 3, and again should have had more.

One area of concern is that we have one clean sheet in 5 league games.

At the game though the support are chucking it and being increasingly negative towards the team. A team with a few developing players that require a bit of support and patience. It's simply not going to happen. Whether that had an impact on the mistakes at the back I don't know but we looked pretty disorganised.

The talk at the game and you could hear it on the subway on the way home was all about how players X,Y,Z,A, B and C were shit....it's not strictly true some of them contributed in quite positive terms albeit they had rough patches.

We need to see this period through or we could start to drift in the league again.

I was more concerned with the amount of chances Livingston had yesterday especially in the 2nd half. Far too easy with some awful marking and main problem in first half was lack of intensity. Why did it take till a goal down for us to up the tempo? They should have been well up for it after the last shambles they served up.

The time for us making excuses and no learning from our mistakes is over if we want to win the league.

Not the player he’s cracked up to be?? How many big goals has he scored for us?? 21 years old and he’s the player we rely on to score the big goals
I'm a fan of Morelos but he's still raw imo and misses a lot of chances, not interested in arguing but I'll give you 2 facts ,he's actually 23 and he's not yet scored v the Tim's.

I agree he should have went low instead of going for the spectacular top corner finish, a sitter indeed. But the rest is utter nonsense. He’s not raw at all and he’s the most clinical finisher in the side by a distance, he’s also the player who tends to take the bull by the horns and drive us on when we’re struggling.
Defoe is a better finisher with a cv in the top league to prove it, and Morelos is raw imo .

Defoe is a better finisher with a cv in the top league to prove it, and Morelos is raw imo .

Then why has Defoe passed up more clear scoring chances than Morelos since he’s been here?

Keep in mind I’m not interested in what either of them has done in the past but what they’re doing here. And do you know what raw means? What’s your interpretation of raw? From what I read on here it’s a term that’s lazily applied to any player who is young, regardless of how well rounded or developed they are.

Going by some of the logic on here Alfie should be taking all his chances and scoring everytime, so we should be getting an average of around 4 goals per game from Alfie. There isnt a striker in the world that doesnt miss easy chances and certainly not one that converts every chance
Alfies doing fine and will keep improving with the support and encouragement he gets from within the club.

Poor decision making by Halliday but it was a definite push in the back
Totally agree mate seen it at the game yesterday Halliday defo diddled about but the player pushed him in the back can't understand why people see it as soft, a foul is a foul ,no matter how hard the contact is

I don't think we created many clear cut chances to be honest, before their penalty we had;
  • The header Morelos missed, this was a clear chance that he should have scored.
  • Arfield hit the bar but from the distance and with the number of bodies in between, it can hardly be deemed a 'chance' created.
  • We had a cross into a dangerous area, maybe Defoe would have anticipated it better and got on the end of it but again, not sure it's a chance if someone's not on the end of it.
  • I think those claiming Morelos should have scored the one he hit high and wide in the first half are being unfair, he's wide of the goal. Very difficult to beat the keeper near post and I'm not sure he can bend it the way say Ojo or Aribo would to beat the keeper at the far post.
I think we should have had a penalty though, and after their penalty we played at a higher tempo and looked more dangerous but in saying that we still relied on 2 set pieces and the only goal we scored from open play was after we were ahead and they naturally opened up.

I'd say our xG wouldn't be great, what d'you think @tazzabear you a fan of an xG stat? :))

I don't think we created many clear cut chances to be honest, before their penalty we had;
  • The header Morelos missed, this was a clear chance that he should have scored.
  • Arfield hit the bar but from the distance and with the number of bodies in between, it can hardly be deemed a 'chance' created.
  • We had a cross into a dangerous area, maybe Defoe would have anticipated it better and got on the end of it but again, not sure it's a chance if someone's not on the end of it.
  • I think those claiming Morelos should have scored the one he hit high and wide in the first half are being unfair, he's wide of the goal. Very difficult to beat the keeper near post and I'm not sure he can bend it the way say Ojo or Aribo would to beat the keeper at the far post.
I think we should have had a penalty though, and after their penalty we played at a higher tempo and looked more dangerous but in saying that we still relied on 2 set pieces and the only goal we scored from open play was after we were ahead and they naturally opened up.

I'd say our xG wouldn't be great, what d'you think @tazzabear you a fan of an xG stat?

I’ve no idea how xG works but I note (admittedly according to the BBC) we had 23 attempts on goal, of which 10 were on target. That’s actually a slightly higher percentage on target than is ‘normal’ for us, I think it is usually about 1 in 3. We also had 3 goals from those 10 attempts on target which, again, is a fairly decent return.

Doesn’t disguise the fact that defensively we were poor the entire second half and that offensively we didn’t wake up until the last half hour.

Just finished watching them myself. A lot better than what I expected from what I had read on here.

Loved Morelos running to Defoe after his goal.

Reading a lot of we struggled to brake them down and other teams will be the same. Have to say I disagree, Morelos could have had a hat trick before half time! Another day one of those chances goes in, yes Livi parked the bus and other teams will too, but we created enough. Maybe the finishing was not as clinical as it should be, if there’s an area to be worked on it’s there.
I am more concerned about our defence losing players in the box, I only saw the highlights but 3 times at least in the second half from corners and free kicks we where all over the place, 1 hit bar, one Greegs saved and one a bit of a stramash. A better team would have buried us.

Couldn't make the game yesterday because of a family bereavement, but looking at the highlights it could have easily been 5 or 6,but Livi could quite easily scored another goal too?

To me Rangers we’re always the best team despite not playing our best.

They made the game difficult & always do.

But we were still the best team & I never doubted the three points even when they scored Davy.

I am more concerned about our defence losing players in the box, I only saw the highlights but 3 times at least in the second half from corners and free kicks we where all over the place, 1 hit bar, one Greegs saved and one a bit of a stramash. A better team would have buried us.

It's a game of fitba.

The opposition will always make a chance or two.

Not really much point to the game otherwise.

Back