Just watched the scum highlights v Ross county

DoubleWhopper

Official Ticketer
I do worry about complacency on our part when I read comments on here

"Pack of Cards"..."The Lurgan Flopp is losing the plot" etc etc.

We heard this all after Cluj on here as well by the way.

There's no doubt this league is going to be incredibly tight. This could be a 02/03 type season where both teams win 30 odd games and it will come down to the tightest of margins.

SpainLoyal4567

Couldn't care less about what formation or line up they play against us.

We are better in every area of the park. We are comfortably a better team than them now. Their defence is a shambles, their midfield is all over the place trying to shoehorn Brown into the side, and they have no real goal- threat up front anymore - even Edouard looks disinterested. And they've wasted ridiculous money on the West Ham guy, the Polish striker etc.

We have nothing to fear.
They still score for fun domestically.

crookie_bear

I haven't watched them but they seem as in form as we do and it's likely they could be top of the league with the same games played before we head to Easter Road. A wee slip up in their next two would be lovely though

Tagsbear

I do worry about complacency on our part when I read comments on here

"Pack of Cards"..."The Lurgan Flopp is losing the plot" etc etc.

We heard this all after Cluj on here as well by the way.

There's no doubt this league is going to be incredibly tight. This could be a 02/03 type season where both teams win 30 odd games and it will come down to the tightest of margins.
The guff folk post on here won't effect the games thankfully!

If we were allowed into games then maybe it would have an effect, definitely first game against them last season there was a bizarre atmosphere as though the fans turned up expecting us to gub them.

fmp

Presumably they will tighten up as they reacquaint themselves with 352 and the back four get used to each other. It was interesting that Duffer was on the right, would have assumed he would be central.

Regardless, they still have a fundamental lack of pace at the back and Brown has no legs to protect them. It's funny that he still plays so many minutes when he is clearly past it and has shown no ability or interest in adjusting his game (à la Davis).

They were caught a number of times by County so I would imagine that any of them who are able to be objective will be worried by their defence.

Big D

But it’s whether we do notice these weaknesses. It’s like when an opposition player gets an early booking. We refuse to target them and take THAT opportunity. We’ve shown to not be as street smart in some games so it’s up to them to prove it through out the season going forward
So just to be clear, the OP noticed the weaknesses, other posters noticed the weaknesses, but our highly decorated manager, who has played at the very highest level and his coaching staff, with qualifications coming out of their ears, might not?

Officer Yates

So just to be clear, the OP noticed the weaknesses, other posters noticed the weaknesses, but our highly decorated manager, who has played at the very highest level and his coaching staff, with qualifications coming out of their ears, might not?
I don’t know. It certainly lacked at times. Christ ejaria, ojo and barker right now are getting more game time than they should. The back room staff are obviously missing the lack of quality there. And My original point I was trying to make is we don’t have a ruthless nature in us (YET!! I hope)

change consent