Just win baby! (New article)

Has Lundstram started to win you over?

• Yes

Votes: 258 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 12.8%

• Total voters
He’s played better these past couple of games yes. However we have played Motherwell & Dundee, so I’ll keep my powder dry for just now.

Aye fair comment but the reverse could be said that we're quick to write off a guy coming into a new team and system after 2 or 3 bad games
There is very rarely any middle ground on here with our players.

They are either amazing or absolutely pish depending on the performance they have just put in.

He is settling quicker than I thought he would TBH. Massive adjustment going from a team who had little possession to one that dominates a game and expects to win every time they take to the pitch.

Aye fair comment but the reverse could be said that we're quick to write off a guy coming into a new team and system after 2 or 3 bad games
I’ve never written him off mate. Very seldom has a player came into Gerrards team and instantly looked superb. Always think players need time to settle and get used to Scottish Football.

They are either amazing or absolutely pish depending on the performance they have just put in.
You're right, and tbh I can be the same myself. I try to be more balanced these days and I'm willing Lundstram and Sakala to succeed

You're right, and tbh I can be the same myself. I try to be more balanced these days and I'm willing Lundstram and Sakala to succeed
Good players have bad games.
Bad players have good games.

It’s not black or white. It cracks me up how players get written off after 1 or 2 bad games or 1 or 2 bad mistakes.

Tav being the prime example. He has been caught out a few times. But what he brings to the team far exceeds any mistakes he makes.

At times people were calling for Hodson to get a game ahead of him.

Every player across the planet has off days and our players are no different.

I said it at the first game he was involved in. He can't play in the same midfield with Davis.

John needed time to settle in. The whole team were playing poor but he seemed to get the blame.

Hopefully he can keep up his performances.

Good article again OP

Enjoyed that article. Like most have said before, we expect players to come in right away and perform. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, has to get used to way we play, new players, new surrounding and no place to hide from supporters. But from what I see, he is starting to show why Stevie brought him here. I do hope he progresses and fights for his position. Work rate was good yesterday. I will reserve voting until seeing him against so called bigger teams.

Thought he looked good in preseason then shakey once the league started but imo he looks more confident & settled now

He is settling quicker than I thought he would TBH. Massive adjustment going from a team who had little possession to one that dominates a game and expects to win every time they take to the pitch.
Yeah, it was always going to take time, and we often forget that, especially after moving from a team that's always defending to a team who will dominate possession

I said no simply because he hasn't did it against a better side yet. I'm sure he will but only with his teammates support (unlike yesterday).

Good players have bad games.
Bad players have good games.

It’s not black or white. It cracks me up how players get written off after 1 or 2 bad games or 1 or 2 bad mistakes.

Tav being the prime example. He has been caught out a few times. But what he brings to the team far exceeds any mistakes he makes.

At times people were calling for Hodson to get a game ahead of him.

Every player across the planet has off days and our players are no different.
Aye you're right, but I suppose making wild decisions is what makes us fans

Enjoyed that article. Like most have said before, we expect players to come in right away and perform. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, has to get used to way we play, new players, new surrounding and no place to hide from supporters. But from what I see, he is starting to show why Stevie brought him here. I do hope he progresses and fights for his position. Work rate was good yesterday. I will reserve voting until seeing him against so called bigger teams.
Thanks for reading, I agree we usually judge very quickly, and it's difficult to get over that once judged. He was the best player against Lyon imo, but honestly that's not saying much really

He didn't have to win me over because I was prepared to give him time and not judge him after a couple of games.

No suprise he's getting better and better, as he becomes accustomed to our style of play.

The key word is "started", so yes he has and I hope it continues.

3 big games coming up and I hope he carries on improving.

He didn't have to win me over because I was prepared to give him time and not judge him after a couple of games.

No suprise he's getting better and better, as he becomes accustomed to our style of play.
Bingo, same here. But as posted earlier in the thread, it can’t have helped that he has came into a team that hasn’t been playing well either. That can’t have been reflecting what Gerrard wanted from them and in turn new players coming into the team also.

We had nut jobs say he should never play for Rangers again. However, these Newtons stated OGS would be gone by Christmas ages ago. Then they move on with some other guff that is wrong and blabber on. One plank started a thread " Has Pep been found out ". No he hasn't.
'

Follow Follow would of been mental on here after Ally McCoist's game against Dundee at Ibrox back in the 80's.

Fair enough, and a sensible approach but I think it's not surprising that sometimes we can be quick to judge as passion takes control over rational thinking.

Fair enough, and a sensible approach but I think it's not surprising that sometimes we can be quick to judge as passion takes control over rational thinking.

I agree passion can get the better of us, when watching Rangers.

However, rational thinking should kick in the days following a match, yet you still get the usual lunatic fringe on here making all sort of nonsensical derogatory claims about certain player's abilities.

Back