Juventus Players Agree to Pay Cut

I wonder when rangers players will do the same :cool:

When teams like Juventus and Bayern, with years of colossal earnings from UEFA and TV broadcasters, have no huge amount of cash in reserve, you have to wonder how long the likes of ourselves will hold out before asking the same of our players.

When you take Into account the mo at our players earned for what little we got in return of expect the players could have offered to take a pay cut.

These aren't players on £400 a week struggling to make ends meet lile most others and it doesn't have to be 50% , but at least make the gesture of offering, all clubs are in the crap just now.

When you take Into account the mo at our players earned for what little we got in return of expect the players could have offered to take a pay cut.

These aren't players on £400 a week struggling to make ends meet lile most others and it doesn't have to be 50% , but at least make the gesture of offering, all clubs are in the crap just now.

The league was/is disappointing but it was the players that earned the prize money in Europe that will tide the club over.

Their wage bill must be off the scale.
That’s the thing with these clubs, of course they have much bigger revenue streams. But they also have huge outgoings

For some they’ll be able to keep going for a while, for some it’ll cripple them and some will take precautionary measures way before they actually ‘need to’

It's only a matter of time before every club will be in some kind of agreement to cut salaries, and then even further cuts if this goes on even longer. It's impossible to keep paying there current salaries with no income coming in. Surely everyone can see this?

From 80k to 40k
For 3 months
Not a big deal but good on them
Let’s face it footballers are the most overpaid in the world.

What about NBA? Or American Football? Or actors? Rock/pop stars? Even some DJs or YouTube bloody ‘influencers’ these days.

Plenty earn huge sums.

FWIW I think our guys will take a wage deferral rather than a wage cut. I’d be delighted to be wrong though.

Almost every team is going to have to go down this route but as soon as we do the media up here will go into overdrive with the Admin talk and Rangers on the brink garbage...

Even if players don't want to take a wage cut, I can't see why they wouldn't be in favour of a wage offset, say they only get paid 50% of their wages now but will get the other 50% paid at a later date once a clubs income stabilises again.

What about NBA? Or American Football? Or actors? Rock/pop stars? Even some DJs or YouTube bloody ‘influencers’ these days.

Plenty earn huge sums.

FWIW I think our guys will take a wage deferral rather than a wage cut. I’d be delighted to be wrong though.

I agree, there's a lot of money about to start getting cut.

Worrying that a team as big as Juve feel the need to do that.
It doesn’t matter the size of the club. Most clubs have a ratio similar to others between income and wages.
Loss of income means a wage bill that is sustainable

I would be surprised if every top league team in Europe don't do it.

Barca have asked theirs to take a pay cut. This will monumentally change football.

Plenty earn huge sums.

Who knows mate.
In the 70’s 80’s roughly footballers were paid 5-10 times the average wage per week.
Now it’s can be 50-100 times.
Are they worth it?
No imo.

They'd (the players) be daft not to take a wage cut. The alternative is likely that they would end up unemployed at a time when there are literally no prospects of new employment. Players all over the world should be doing everything they can to get the clubs through this period.

Fair play to the Juve players and can see this becoming the strategy offered by many clubs over the next few months.

You will probably find the government are reducing tax etc so the hit might not even effect them that much . Obviously help the club so all good

Every teams players should be doing similar,don't see why footballers should be exempt from the current situation.

Yet we still have some defending Rangers players, as “they’ve signed a contract”

Back