Juventus To Sign Arthur From Barca

Great little player, I don't understand what's happening with Barca at the moment.

His stats are incredible.

Arthur Fleck? He can run like fuck.
71395426.jpg

He's outstanding, and Rakatic probably back to Seville. Barca in decline, huge wage bill, one man band.

Arthur is early 20s and made for Barca. This is stupidity when you consider the age of Rakitic, Busquets and that they've never replaced Xavi until now. Arthur and De Jong were the future. Pjanic is a good player but his peak was 2 seasons ago.

Strange signing made even stranger with the fact that Barcelona are signing Pjanic for €70m.

Looks like Barcelona and Juve are using some creative accounting to balance their books. Barca looking to add profit on paper to sign Neymar

Think we will see more of this type of deal this Summer to beat FFP.

Strange that Barca are adding another 30 y/o to their squad. Haven't seen much of Arthur in Spain but he looked a real standout for Gremio.

70m but it will be some dodgy deal that involves Pjanic if it goes through.

Got to think Juventus will get the better deal when you factor in ages.

A technically better Harry Winks...

Juve love a freebie so it's an insane amount of money for them to spend and especially considering how things have been in Italy (and elsewhere) lately.

Can only think that Barca will be signing one of their players for a massive amount of money in the near future.

A technically better Harry Winks...

Juve love a freebie so it's an insane amount of money for them to spend and especially considering how things have been in Italy (and elsewhere) lately.

Can only think that Barca will be signing one of their players for a massive amount of money in the near future.

Jeezo. Winks couldn't even get near the dressing room to attempt to lace Arthur's boots...

How do Inter/ACMilan/Juventus/RealMadrid/Atletico/Barcelona managed to exchange so many players? Must be some sort of a cartel.

Arthur confirmed he's off to Juve on his Instagram earlier, Pjanic the other way. Genuinely don't know what Barca are thinking about. Selling someone who's nearer the end of his career (again). They've done similar in recent years and made an arse of a few signings.

He’s good but Pjanic is considerably better. Strange deal(‘s) all round, admittedly age is much more on the Brazilians side.

All very strange with this one as he apparently doesn’t even want to leave.

The amount they’ve spent in the past few years is incredible (270m this year alone), so it’s understandable that they have FPP problems, but unless they suddenly work out how to rebuild a squad, they’re in serious bother when Messi retires.

He’s good but Pjanic is considerably better. Strange deal(‘s) all round, admittedly age is much more on the Brazilians side.

Pjanic is top quality, glad to read someone with the same opinion as me. I have been over to watch Juventus a few times and he was my favourite player. I get the whole age argument but everyone is reacting like Barcelona have bought a dud. He will chip in with more goals than Arthur as well.

Pjanic is top quality, glad to read someone with the same opinion as me. I have been over to watch Juventus a few times and he was my favourite player. I get the whole age argument but everyone is reacting like Barcelona have bought a dud. He will chip in with more goals than Arthur as well.
Best no6 in the world in my opinion, not sure he will suit the painfully slow Spanish build up. I know Juve aren’t exactly free flowing this season but Pjanić provides a bit of drive. Also my favourite Juve player mate.

A weird decision in all honesty. Wtf is Barca's player policy nowadays!? This guy was supposed to be a big future player for them and from what I've been able to gather, he's done really well there. Him and de Jong often being touted as the future midfield.

I know they wanted Pjanic and have done for a while but it seems like a really short term thinking signing.
Pretty much my thinking....

Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Pique, Alba, Rakitic are all 30 plus and need replacing over the next 2 years....

Could be in for a bit of time as also rans your looking at 400m plus to replace and they clearly don't have the dough

Juventus got the better part of this deal, but both teams need the type of player they are getting.

Juventus needed a midfielder that sits a little deeper and distributes, the only ones they have that sort of does that are Matuidi (who is far more defensive), Rabiot (who wanders from position) and Khedira (who is likely leaving in the summer) whilst Ramsey, Bentancur, Bernadeschi and Kulusevski are more roaming midfielders that attack.

Meanwhile Barcelona have have De Jong, Roberto, Puig, Rafinha and Alena. All of them want to play as deeper sitting playmakers. Meanwhile the only other midfielders they have are Rakitic (good) Busquets (who is defensive) and Vidal (who is likely leaving in the summer)

I think Juventus got the better end of the deal because Arthur was the standout star that ran the Copa Libertadores winning Gremio midfield a few years ago, he's only 23 and the they just brought in Pirlo as a coach.

I read the following article which suggests that Barca are essentially in a bit of financial difficulty as a result of paying an above average chunk of their annual revenue on wages (sound like any other club we know?).

From what I have seen of the two Pjanic is the better player but is well behind Ronaldo and Dybala for game time, I assumed that Arthur was just a youth product at Barca as looks tidy enough without being spectacular, probably a good move for both players but not sure it really strengthens either team

Back