Kai Havertz

True Blue Avenger

So with today's draw pitting us against Leverkusen (definitely a tough one but no surrender), we're about to come up against one of Europe's highest rated - and valued - youngsters in Kai Havertz.

I watch some Bundesliga on BT and this boy really does look like the real deal, impressed whenever I've seen him. Their main creative force in midfield, put on another good display last night against Porto as well with 2 assists and a goal. Rumoured interest from the big guns this summer with Munich and Liverpool sniffing about and speculation of an 8 figure fee. Good article about him here:

So definitely one to watch out for when we face them. Possibly a consideration for Gerrard to do an old school man marking job on him, maybe get Jack or Davis to shadow his every move? Although hopefully we give them a similar dilemma given we have our very own hot prospect in the shape of Hagi jr.

Don’t underestimate his midfield martinet Demirbay, a very intelligent left footed player

So with today's draw pitting us against Leverkusen (definitely a tough one but no surrender), we're about to come up against one of Europe's highest rated - and valued - youngsters in Kai Havertz.

I watch some Bundesliga on BT and this boy really does look like the real deal, impressed whenever I've seen him. Their main creative force in midfield, put on another good display last night against Porto as well with 2 assists and a goal. Rumoured interest from the big guns this summer with Munich and Liverpool sniffing about and speculation of an 8 figure fee. Good article about him here:

So definitely one to watch out for when we face them. Possibly a consideration for Gerrard to do an old school man marking job on him, maybe get Jack or Davis to shadow his every move? Although hopefully we give them a similar dilemma given we have our very own hot prospect in the shape of Hagi jr.

We doubled up on Bragas star man who is off to Barcelona in the summer so I expect the same for Havertz.

Leverkusen really are a quality side, Lars & Sven Bender, Demirbay, Havertz, Diaby, Bailey all more than capable.

He's a genuine fantastic player, and right back in top form. Going to go for something in the €100m range in the summer.

Big job for our midfield 3, but that's what European football is about. We've got a special player of the same style that can also change a game in a flash.

In truth a lot of the hipsters in work, the guys who do "Bundesliga fantasy football", have been saying he hasn't been as good this season. He hasn't quite kicked on this season.

Just having a look at there team the now...

Standouts- Kai Havetz, Leon Bailey, Paulinho, Wendell, Volland.

Still plenty of talent in the squad on top of that Lars & Sven Bender, Bellaribi ect

Exequiel Palacios- is the latest wonderkid from Argentina they've picked up really top talent.

Never came up against the impenetrable and fearless Rangers Gerrard has built though has he?

They can underestimate us at their peril the same way Diego and Naldo and those guys did for Bremen.

Superb young player, huge future at both club level and international, that being said, Porto, Feyenoord, Braga all have special young talent and so do we, go into both ties in the right frame of mind, 110% commitment and concentration from everyone and we will do good.

I’ll be honest I had never heard of any of them until lunchtime so I reckon that means they must all be total sh1te.

Bring em On! :D

Sounds a hard task but we have been travelling since Gibraltar.We welcome the chase.Any task I sure we will give 100%

Watched the Porto game on Thursday , they were a class above them and Havertz stood out a mile. They have real pace out wide aswell. A step up from anyone we have faced this season.

Back