Kai Johansen's Bar, Govan Road, pictured in March 1977

ibroxbound

Where was the old Mermaid Inn in Glasgow - used to have to stand outside many years ago while everyone else who were over on the boat drank.

Was it Bridgeton ?
Here's a wee quiz for you.
Who was the ex scum player who managed the Mermaid?

TerrySilverLoyal

The church was the old St Andrews masonic Lodge on Alexandra Parade in Glasgow.
I think he ended up living there.

Correct. Done a few shifts in there when labouring and running about Was on a great wage only a young boy at the time.

Was lifting up expensive tiles for bathroom up stairs and tripped and they smashed. One of boys phoned him and he wasnt happy. Until found out was me then said he couldn't care less :D

Some place is it still there? The top floor one was brilliant from memory.

His actual big house with the swimming pool was tremendous.

ibroxbound

Correct. Done a few shifts in there when labouring and running about Was on a great wage only a young boy at the time.

Was lifting up expensive tiles for bathroom up stairs and tripped and they smashed. One of boys phoned him and he wasnt happy. Until found out was me then said he couldn't care less :D

Some place
Adjacent to Royston. o_O

ibroxbound

Some place is it still there? The top floor one was brilliant from memory.

His actual big house with the swimming pool was tremendous.

Made an absolute mint off the sunbed game
Still there but it's a backpackers hostel now.

change consent