Kai Kennedy to Dunfermline on loan for season

Using low risk games League games at Ibrox and the domestic cup ties, you could easily give the likes of KK 15-20 starts a season.

Theyd learn a lot more from that than they will playing 20-30 times for Dunfermline.

100%

Other than improving him physically going to teams like Dunfermline is doing nothing to benefit a career with Rangers

Would have hoped for an SPL club to take him for the season, but guess he must not be there yet in his development.

Mcgregor was 24 playing behind Klos

Mcgregor wasn’t rated the way Kai Kennedy is

Goalkeepers are different

Dunfermline were in the top division at the time
We signed McCoist from Sunderland started his career at St Johnstone.

Where they go on loan for experience doesnt mean anything. You are essentially just havering.

We are also talking about a Kai Kennedy here that played with raith and ict the past two seasons and struggled to get a game

It's been an interesting development in recent years that fans know what level of loan suits a youth player.

I'd think the club are thinking a 19 year attacking player with less than 40 appearances is looking for regular playing time in the right environment rather than featuring for a defensive side in the league above.

Andy Robertson was playing in 4th tier of Scottish football when he was 19. He then subsequently jumped up the next levels with ease. Seemed to be regular playing time in the right environment was most important for his long term development at that age than the level he was playing at.

We signed McCoist from Sunderland started his career at St Johnstone.

Where they go on loan for experience doesnt mean anything. You are essentially just havering.

You are missing the original point

Kai Kennedy has been highly rated for the past 2/3 years and picked by many as the next breakout star at Ibrox

In this time he has been loaned to ICT and raith rovers in which he struggled to get a game for both

He has now in his 3rd season on loan been sent to Dunfermline

A team that is on a par with the two he’s been at previously and not a step up in any sense

I find it hard to believe a player as apparently highly rated as Kennedy should be going to Dunfermline when you hear shouts he’s not far away from our first team

It's been an interesting development in recent years that fans know what level of loan suits a youth player.

I'd think the club are thinking a 19 year attacking player with less than 40 appearances is looking for regular playing time in the right environment rather than featuring for a defensive side in the league above.

Andy Robertson was playing in 4th tier of Scottish football when he was 19. He then subsequently jumped up the next levels with ease. Seemed to be regular playing time in the right environment was most important for his long term development at that age than the level he was playing at.

Andy Roberson is literally one in a million

How many times does a story like his happen?

Kai Kennedy has been highly rated for the past 2/3 years and picked by many as the next breakout star at Ibrox

In this time he has been loaned to ICT and raith rovers in which he struggled to get a game for both

A team that is on a par with the two he’s been at previously and not a step up in any sense

I find it hard to believe a player as apparently highly rated as Kennedy should be going to Dunfermline when you hear shouts he’s not far away from our first team
He has struggled?

He played 20 games last year, he moved from Inverness because of being a young kid away from home in the midst of lockdown. Inverness were dissapointed but understanding of him leaving and he played well for Raith.

I have tried to be polite but you are just talking shite now to justify your position.

He didn’t struggle in Inverness to get a game. His loan was a success. It happened at the start of the pandemic and lots of issues out with his control impacted on game time. Was very highly thought of and impressed on and off the park.

Really good move, they are one of the more attacking teams in the league and will have a really good chance of promotion this year, that winning mentality will do him the world of good.

He should start most weeks for them too, that will also be hugely beneficial in his development.

Now it's on him to make the most of it.

On a semi regular basis all over Europe and quite a few examples in current football.

Vardy Maddison etc

James Maddison compared to Andy Robertson

Yes kicking a ball ahout for Coventry and Norwich with a loan move to aberdeen is similar to playing part time with Queen’s Park to winning the champions league

Have a good day mate

James Maddison compared to Andy Robertson

Yes kicking a ball ahout for Coventry and Norwich with a loan move to aberdeen is similar to playing part time with Queen’s Park to winning the champions league

Have a good day mate
It is comparable to go from the lower reaches of domestic football to playing regularly at the top end of a top 5 league.

Im having a good day, you are having a f.ucking mare on here

Using low risk games League games at Ibrox and the domestic cup ties, you could easily give the likes of KK 15-20 starts a season.

Theyd learn a lot more from that than they will playing 20-30 times for Dunfermline.
Kennedy wouldn't get 15-20 starts at Rangers next season. You'll have some internationals that might struggle to start so many games for us.

Mcgregor was 24 playing behind Klos

Mcgregor wasn’t rated the way Kai Kennedy is

Goalkeepers are different

Dunfermline were in the top division at the time

It’s alright mate, the Champions League this year will be flooded with 40 year old wingers......

Totally comparable. :rolleyes:

It’s alright mate, the Champions League this year will be flooded with 40 year old wingers......

Totally comparable. :rolleyes:

Exactly mate

We have a poster on here that has just tried to compare the rise of Maddison from Norwich to Leicester with Andy Robertson’s from Queen’s Park to Liverpool

Think that tells you everything you need to know

He also stated the rise of Andy Roberson happens regularly

Brilliant stuff

Who needs a comedy club

The boy has been picked in an 11 that are best in there age category and you dont think there should be noise around him from his family etc? I know if it was my son id be making noise

It was for 19/20 performances with our youth team. Great acknowledgment but ultimately means little.

I’d be looking at Patterson and Kelly.

90% of our youth players won't make it with us, regardless of where they go on loan, so it's impossible to really say anything definitive about this sort of loan at all.

Greg Docherty was good for Hamilton before we signed him, Hibs on loan and had very good loan spells in League 1 in England and still couldn't get close to our team once Gerrard came in. Patterson hasn't had to go out on loan but is clearly talented and improving. There's no guaranteed formula for it, so this loan could work just as well as anything else would have.

I think the players around Kennedy's age group will be overtaken by the younger ones who will get experience of the Lowland League and probably higher in very short order as that will make a huge difference to their development.

100%. A player needs the correct physical attributes - and they vary depending on the team, style of play etc - mentality and for there to actually be a spot up for grabs; just being talented isn't enough. We have a number of lads around Kennedy's age who will have decent to good careers in the professional game on our books right now; a number of them probably could develop into first team players for us. But you need to be in the right place at the right time, and that perfect storm isn't going to arrive for most of them. If Patterson and Kelly become first team regulars over the next few years, we'll be doing well; any more than that is above average for a club like us.

I'd love it if we could bring through four or five players into the first team every few years, but it's just not going to happen. Even for Man United's famous '92 class, they needed that luck of coming through at the right time, and it's just not likely going to happen.

Im of the opinion that most loans of young players is to see how they play against fully grown men. It's less about the coaching they will receive or being loaned out to the highest standard of team.

Played 30 games last season while having a couple of injuries?

Kennedy wouldn't get 15-20 starts at Rangers next season. You'll have some internationals that might struggle to start so many games for us.
Im not saying he will because obvs he wont, Im saying the opportunity to give him those is certainly there but it takes a bit of a rethink in terms of how you want to develop the player.

Rangers will surely have at least 3 ties in the domestic cups, so 6 games. At home to the likes of Ross County, Dundee, St Mirren, can we not afford to play someone like KK? Thatd be another 6 min. If he did well why not play him in others?

It wont happen of course but really playing for Dunfermline in the Scottish Championship wont move him forward an inch closer to being Rangers ready so whats the point?

Im not saying he will because obvs he wont, Im saying the opportunity to give him those is certainly there but it takes a bit of a rethink in terms of how you want to develop the player.

Rangers will surely have at least 3 ties in the domestic cups, so 6 games. At home to the likes of Ross County, Dundee, St Mirren, can we not afford to play someone like KK? Thatd be another 6 min. If he did well why not play him in others?

It wont happen of course but really playing for Dunfermline in the Scottish Championship wont move him forward an inch closer to being Rangers ready so whats the point?
I wouldn't be arrogant enough to say I know more about his development than the experts in that field assembled at Auchenhowie.

If Gerrard & Mulholland think it's more beneficial he's loaned out to Dunfermline, that's good enough for me.

If you have a look where some of the current England squad went on loan as teenagers, you'll see Northampton Town, Leyton Orient, Barnsley, Notts County & Darlington as examples.

We're not exactly reinventing the wheel here.

I’m putting the Pars in my acca for the leagues.
They look good
Out of all the teams in Championship I wouldn't mind them up. Decent wee ground we get a good allocation at. Not far to travel.
Pretty sure they still have a grass pitch as well and the bridies are decent.

yeah big difference in that we can only play one keeper and at the time McGregor was competing against Klos and Watterrus

I wonder if some folk wrote McGregor off when he was on loan at 24 just as some folk seem to be writing off Kennedy when he's going on loan at 19 (possibly only for 6 months).

In the SPFL, with the exception of Rangers, Ceptic , Aberdeen and Hibs (nowadays), there is a strong chance you'll be in a relegation battle or fighting for top 6, so clubs go for experience. Kennedy is better in the Championship, playing weekly than sitting on the bench for Dundee, or Ross Co etc.

Back