Kai Kennedy why not?

Gilmour wouldn’t have made any appearances. Who would we leave out Ryan Jack?

Why would we leave out Rulyan
Now that’s a lie chief I have had Rtv that long I can’t remember and never seen much of Gilmour or any youth games on Rtv to make any kind of judgment it’s was mostly first team stuff

Believe me or not mate but I'm not a lier and dont appreciate being called one.

We aren’t winning anything without out them

I’ll ask again, is there any instance where playing youngsters has stopped a club being successful?

We aren’t winning anything? We were in a league cup final, in the last 32 of the champions league having played in a champions league level group, we have lost a handful of games all season and aren’t out of the league race yet despite the mass hysteria. We have amassed a points total greater than the last 3 times we have won the league but aye let’s get the youngsters in cause we aren’t doing well. Some fans need to get a grip of reality.

Why would we leave out Rulyan

Believe me or not mate but I'm not a lier and dont appreciate being called one.

Well your wee porky isn’t true because Rtv for years has been pish with hardly any youth games shown and if they were it was 90 second clips

Go and read my post, I said he would have played umpteen games, due to him being a big prospect. You seem to imlpy something I didn't say mate

So who would he play in place of? I’m not saying anything you haven’t said. If you play a youngster in a Scottish cup game against a championship team for instance and get beat there would be hell to pay, it could cost a manager his job so why would he do it?

good wan no I think in actual fact it proves how poor our club is at promoting youth when Hearts can play a 16 year old in a national cup final that’s my point

I think hearts would have preferred to play more experienced players but don’t have the money we have. They also don’t have the expectations our fans have. It’s not really comparing like for like

So who would he play in place of? I’m not saying anything you haven’t said. If you play a youngster in a Scottish cup game against a championship team for instance and get beat there would be hell to pay, it could cost a manager his job so why would he do it?

He would have played imo ffs, injuries, lose of form which we've had in midfield this season. That OK for you

He would have played imo ffs, injuries, lose of form which we've had in midfield this season. That OK for you

You ok mate, chill out

Andy king and Greg Docherty couldn’t get into our midfield this season mate so I reckon Billy Gilmour would have had no chance

You ok mate, chill out

Andy king and Greg Docherty couldn’t get into our midfield this season mate so I reckon Billy Gilmour would have had no chance

You still on this? We disagree if Billy Gilmour would have played for us let's leave it there

I think hearts would have preferred to play more experienced players but don’t have the money we have. They also don’t have the expectations our fans have. It’s not really comparing like for like
So mate there's strong suggestions that City are coming for Kennedy massive club massive expectations and they want one of ours ,should we not be thinking no f off or we are going to end up with another Gilmour situation then we all say same again .can't believe we can let this happen again.

So mate there's strong suggestions that City are coming for Kennedy massive club massive expectations and they want one of ours ,should we not be thinking no f off or we are going to end up with another Gilmour situation then we all say same again .can't believe we can let this happen again.

City just buy up talent he’s got less chance there

Wait are u suggesting he’s going anywhere near city’s first team?

I don't think the pressure playing for Rangers had anything to do with it.

Fleck was just constantly played out of position under Walter and we never seen the best of him whist he was here.
True. However Fleck was massively overhyped as a15/16 year old and thrown in far too early in my opinion. Perhaps there was an element of him believing his own hype?

It’s only really the last few seasons where he’s managed to show how good he really is.

City just buy up talent he’s got less chance there
Not suggesting that at all but think about it if your not getting near first team here that says manager doesn't fancy you eh?but if city are willing to pay for you this shows they want you or see something so for confidence knowing a team are willing to pay for you is trust in itself for the boy.

Not suggesting that at all but think about it if your not getting near first team here that says manager doesn't fancy you eh?but if city are willing to pay for you this shows they want you or see something so for confidence knowing a team are willing to pay for you is trust in itself for the boy.

No I don’t see it that way at all. I’ve no idea how Gerrard sees any of the young players but I would assume they will know themselves

I think it is pretty much a stick on that Kennedy will leave next summer (2021) if he isn't getting a shot at first team football here. He is being watched by massive clubs with better coaches and better facilities at youth level than we have.

Why stay here for less money, lesser facilities, lesser youth coaches, lesser opponents and no pathway to the first team. It's all well and good saying it's rangers and I would walk on broken glass to play for them, it is massively different when you are a professional and it is your lively hood. They have a finite career and staying at rangers in our youths for far too long could massively stall their progress. The standard of youth football opposition in Scotland compared to the top tier in England/Europe is quite poor.

How good is the lad king is he staying or leaving

Hearts also won the Championship ahead of us with a bunch of young youth graduates while we flung money at the likes of Boyd

Canny trust youth though

Higo hopes for Kai. Maybe a loan spell next season to see how he handles the physicality week in week out

Hearts also won the Championship ahead of us with a bunch of young youth graduates while we flung money at the likes of Boyd

Canny trust youth though

The squad that included Barrie McKay, Kyle Hutton, Nicky Clark, Robbie Crawford, Tom Walsh, Lewis McLeod and Fraser Aird?
That squad that didn’t include youth?

True. However Fleck was massively overhyped as a15/16 year old and thrown in far too early in my opinion. Perhaps there was an element of him believing his own hype?

It’s only really the last few seasons where he’s managed to show how good he really is.
i thought it was widely accepted that murray hampered flecks development by throwing him in to appease fans after an RST statement criticising lack of youth team graduates.

Watched this kid last week against atletico Madrid not good enough at the moment but hopefully will come good soon

If anyone wants to see the effect of playing youngsters for the sake of it, and indeed to appease the fans when they are not ready or when the team is going through a bad spell have a look at McCrorie , Docherty and Beerman.#

It isn't always just physical, but sometimes Young players need to come in and out of good winning teams who are firing on all cylinders.

The one thing I don't agree with , is that any player is ever too young, a real problem in Scotland is thinking 23 is young.

IMO, A player should have a handful of games by the time they are 19, then be pushing for a first team spot and Ideally played over 100 games by the time they are 22.

In Scotland we have it way way wrong.

The only caveat is , you need to be careful when you bring them in and take them out.

Someone like Kennedy and Dapo are getting brought in and out of the first team training, both have had first team action, it will be a slow process until they are 21/22 then they will either kick on or move on IMO - but we don't want to ruin them.

If anyone wants to see the effect of playing youngsters for the sake of it, and indeed to appease the fans when they are not ready or when the team is going through a bad spell have a look at McCrorie , Docherty and Beerman.#

It isn't always just physical, but sometimes Young players need to come in and out of good winning teams who are firing on all cylinders.

The one thing I don't agree with , is that any player is ever too young, a real problem in Scotland is thinking 23 is young.

IMO, A player should have a handful of games by the time they are 19, then be pushing for a first team spot and Ideally played over 100 games by the time they are 22.

In Scotland we have it way way wrong.

The only caveat is , you need to be careful when you bring them in and take them out.

Someone like Kennedy and Dapo are getting brought in and out of the first team training, both have had first team action, it will be a slow process until they are 21/22 then they will either kick on or move on IMO - but we don't want to ruin them.
To be fair mate the names you mention were not good enough IMO of course, different if they're talented,and they will move on 21-22 is way to late the ship has sailed.

To be fair mate the names you mention were not good enough IMO of course, different if they're talented,and they will move on 21-22 is way to late the ship has sailed.

McCrorie showed enough talent, I think Docherty had aswell up to that point.

The damage to McCrories career in the last 3 months of Murty's reign probably set him back a year mentally IMO.

He certainly has the potential to be a very good player. Got to get him signed up as early as possible

Back