Kai Kennedy why not?

I just think we need to be very careful when throwing in youngsters, especially when the team are struggling. It’s a very demanding atmosphere at Ibrox, one like no other.

What I'd like next season is when we play at Ibrox v bottom 6 opposition is to use 1 of 7 subs we have and give a youth player a spot. If we're in a good position bring him on. It's not too risky and it helps bleed players in and also important to mention it'll give youth players the belief there is a way to our first team.

What I'd like next season is when we play at Ibrox v bottom 6 opposition is to use 1 of 7 subs we have and give a youth player a spot. If we're in a good position bring him on. It's not too risky and it helps bleed players in and also important to mention it'll give youth players the belief there is a way to our first team.

I would like Santa to be real but he’s never going to be real

Similar was tried in the past. It became ‘tokenism’ with youths on the bench who were never near getting game time until the last couple of games of the season, and then only if the clubs involved had little to play for.

These guys need to get in on merit and I can fully understand a Manager under the sort of pressure to deliver trophies that Gerrard is being reluctant to throw them in. Right now, notwithstanding the joys of last Wednesday night, the atmosphere when we are toiling is toxic. No place for a kid to be making his mistakes.

Let them go on loan, prove they are good enough and see how it goes. Kelly will get his chance next season.

Similar was tried in the past. It became ‘tokenism’ with youths on the bench who were never near getting game time until the last couple of games of the season, and then only if the clubs involved had little to play for.

These guys need to get in on merit and I can fully understand a Manager under the sort of pressure to deliver trophies that Gerrard is being reluctant to throw them in. Right now, notwithstanding the joys of last Wednesday night, the atmosphere when we are toiling is toxic. No place for a kid to be making his mistakes.

Let them go on loan, prove they are good enough and see how it goes. Kelly will get his chance next season.
I totally understand pressure and yes they should only be in there due to merit. I think the atmosphere part isn't as true and folk make out. Fans will be forgiving especially in circumstances when we're winning.

Think Kelly will be loaned to an SPL team next season. McCrorie possibly ready to step up as no2 if he continues well at Livi? Patterson to be no2 to Tav? Lots of potential.

I totally understand pressure and yes they should only be in there due to merit. I think the atmosphere part isn't as true and folk make out. Fans will be forgiving especially in circumstances when we're winning.

Think Kelly will be loaned to an SPL team next season. McCrorie possibly ready to step up as no2 if he continues well at Livi? Patterson to be no2 to Tav? Lots of potential.

I agree your second para, we do have a number with ‘potential’. The problem, however, is what you say in the final sentence of para 1 - ‘in circumstances when we are winning’. Take today as an example, if we are winning by a goal with 15 minutes to go and Gerrard brings on a youngster - and we drop points - he will get slaughtered. It’s not good for the team, it’s not good for the Manager and it's not good for the youngster. I’m all for it if we are cruising - but that’s not happening a lot these days. Even when we play well.

Would like to see him on the bench, he could in theory been on there instead of Ojo. If we go a few goals up, give him some time.

Far more merit in developing our own youth as opposed to Ojo who has been given many chances over his time here and never really made an impact.

I agree your second para, we do have a number with ‘potential’. The problem, however, is what you say in the final sentence of para 1 - ‘in circumstances when we are winning’. Take today as an example, if we are winning by a goal with 15 minutes to go and Gerrard brings on a youngster - and we drop points - he will get slaughtered. It’s not good for the team, it’s not good for the Manager and it's not good for the youngster. I’m all for it if we are cruising - but that’s not happening a lot these days. Even when we play well.
That's why I mentioned at Ibrox and we are in a decent position to do so. Then it's gradual if there is someone who shows something from the opportunity.

Unbelievable we have guys on here moaning about all the players who are not doing it does it make it ok that they're 20+
Look at Fergie at Man.U. he played five or six youngsters and I remember a quote from Hansen saying you can't win the league with kids,or words to that effect. That blew up in his face. Trouble is we're not a patient support and crave success,especially given our troubles,even more so. But I'd at least like to see one or two stepping up,at least they'll play for the jersey.

Nathan Paterson when he was playing for the first team looks like a major talent. Very direct and great crosses. Kennedy still seems a few years off, but not sure how he takes the next step up.

Nathan Paterson when he was playing for the first team looks like a major talent. Very direct and great crosses. Kennedy still seems a few years off, but not sure how he takes the next step up.
Many times you seen the kid cos it can't be many going on that opinion,anyone who's watched the youths have been wanting to see the kid get a shot he has been one if not the best youth this season so too say a few years off tells me you haven't seen to much if any of the kid.

At the moment he is too small. His time will come

picard-facepalm.jpg

Back