Kai Kennedy

Ballymena Bear

Sorry if obvious or asked before. But is this lad signed to a pro contract yet? Don’t want another Gilmore situation and he seems top quality

Seen him play quite a few times and been very impressed. Hopefully see him blooded into the 1st team over the next few seasons.

would McPake not be ahead of him in the pecking order?

I was surprised when I checked to find that Kennedy was just 7 months or so younger than McPake. For some reason I had it in my head there was about 2 years between them. Given that McPake is already out on his loan spell, which you would assume will be the next step for Kennedy, then I’d say that McPake is indeed ahead of him.

Both play in the same Scotland side right enough. Both exciting prospects as well, but the next couple of years will be crucial for both.

I was surprised when I checked to find that Kennedy was just 7 months or so younger than McPake. For some reason I had it in my head there was about 2 years between them. Given that McPake is already out on his loan spell, which you would assume will be the next step for Kennedy, then I’d say that McPake is indeed ahead of him.

Both play in the same Scotland side right enough. Both exciting prospects as well, but the next couple of years will be crucial for both.

McPake looks older than his age tbf, and Kennedy is a midget who looks about 12. Both great prospects though.

Love Kennedy's attitude - never gives opponents any time on the ball and a real ankle-biter like Gattuso.
He'd fit in easy to our pressing style.

I've only seen him at Firhill in the last couple of under 19 games & he was outstanding, like a young Ryan Kent , he will make the grade I'm sure & hopefully with us

Some good youngsters in that team, the two fullbacks Paterson & Maxwell really impressive

I don’t think the lad will be with rangers much longer I work with his uncle and he’s said that he wants away from Rangers. There’s been teams from France and a few other clubs sniffing about him there’s saying that the youth doesn’t get a chance at rangers therefor they want away.
The family are. Let’s just say not bluenoses

I don’t think the lad will be with rangers much longer I work with his uncle and he’s said that he wants away from Rangers. There’s been teams from France and a few other clubs sniffing about him there’s saying that the youth doesn’t get a chance at rangers therefor they want away.

His families, and his, allegiances are well known on here. Looked like he fair enjoyed sticking it to the Dhims on Sunday just the same.:)

He’s contracted until 2021 so he won’t be going anywhere unless we decide to let him go.

The youth will get a chance if good enough.

Either they improve or they get us money. Simple as that.

Not that I believe he does want away.

I've heard he loves playing for Rangers.

The youth will get a chance if good enough.

Either they improve or they get us money. Simple as that.

Not that I believe he does want away.
It’s not me that’s saying youth doesn’t get a chance believe me I was having a wee debate with his uncle who follows him all over Europe and beyond to watch him about youth getting a chance at rangers

I'd imagine the next step is out on loan, possibly in January for the young lad.

Not sure he is blessed with pace, but he can pick out a pass and looks good at set plays.

Pish like this does these young guys no favours

I've heard this from every uncle he has. I have a mate who is tight with his dad and it's Kai's decision. Kai loves it at Ibrox.

We haven't blooded many boys thst age into thr first team recently. Might be worth getting him into the match day squads though

We haven’t blooded many that age - ever.

From what little I’ve seen of him I’d say he’s a long way away from a first team debut. I think he’s done some training with the first team squad though and his next move should be to go out on loan. Basically follow the Josh McPake model - though his loan to Dundee isn’t going entirely to plan it will still be aiding his development.

L
I've heard this from every uncle he has. I have a mate who is tight with his dad and it's Kai's decision. Kai loves it at Ibrox.
lets hope so as I think the lads a right decent player and hope he has a future at Rangers but after listening to his uncle I was like maybe not. I can only go on what his uncle was saying as I don’t know the lad or any other of his family

He came on as a sub at Boyd's testimonial last year, I thought it was a players son, he looked a bit 12 year old but he came in and ran the game, he was immense.
He's the boy that liked the Lego munchers Instagram post mocking us after they beat us in the last game at parkheed.

'...What's in a name...' as the old adage goes. For me, the Danish name KAI, conjures up memories of the fine Danish full back Kai Johansen, who scored that amazing winning goal for Rangers against the bheasts in the 1966 Cup Final replay at Hampden. Given the iconic status that Kai Johansen enjoys with Rangers fans, it strikes me as odd that a supposed 'select-minded' family would chose Kai as a name for their son. But, hey, as I've said previously, '...what's in a name...'!!!

McPake is a really good lad and very professional however wants it all tomorrow! He was quite close to leaving but the gaffer intervened and a new deal was agreed with a view to him being involved in squads this year - McPake wanted to play games and his agent was reasonably stubborn about getting him out on a loan. Unfortunately 4 or 5 young players are looked after by this agent.

I would like to see him and mebude/mcpake get a chance next season . Anyone know what’s happening with Atakay ? Is he still on loan or back in our youth team . Gerrard must see something in him to bring him into the first team last season albeit the poor lad only got 10 mins before that shocker of a tackle .

His uncles name begin with D?

I was actually talking about him on Sunday with my mate who follows the youths, showed me a text from Kais uncle who said the wee man is loving life at Rangers and is being treated very well.

Hats of to these young fellas for doing well the youth academy can only do so much it’s then the 1st team managers choice keep up the good work boys and academy you might get rewarded someday for your hard work

Back