Kai Kennedy's Performance Yesterday

hullohullo2304

He was involved in the 2nd and 3rd goals for Raith Rovers yesterday.

Can see his involvement from 55 secs onwards for the two goals.

Great close control, inventive and very direct running. If he can have a good half a season there and then a good loan spell at an Scottish Premiership club next season he could be the long term successor to Kent.

Very good start for him and hopefully he can put in more performances of a similar level this season.

Good to see him being so direct it’s all about him getting as much game time as possible at senior level same with the others out on loan

Great close control, inventive and very direct running. If he can have a good half a season there and then a good loan spell at an Scottish Premiership club next season he could be the long term successor to Kent.

Very good start for him and hopefully he can put in more performances of a similar level this season.

There is no reason why we can’t play Kent and Kennedy in the same team.

If he is good enough he is old enough, let’s not forget he was up against the team that took celtic all the way to extra time and penalties the other week and went one better beating them over 90 minutes.

We need to start blooding our own youths at some time, show them there is a path to first team football. Particularly with the current financial environment created by COVID.

55 it’s a sign

Hearts players disputing that pentaly was hilarious. That big diddy at RB clips him clear as day. Kennedy looks a very decent prospect

Hearts are a a prem team Shafted by last season. Halkett and Smith are good players, who have given our main men hard games. Kennedy made both look like pub team players. What I'm surprised about is how strong he looks now. In his sub appearances last season he looked like a wee boy and didn't look great. Now he is holding off a big strong CB like Halkett easily, this season in the championship has been fantastic for his physical and mental development.

I think a season on loan to an SPL side next season is the way to go. Unless we sell a player, there isn't much space for him in our wide area (Kent, Hagi, Roofe, Wright, Aribo). It would be hard to get game time in there next season. I think a loan to a team who like to play football like Ross County or maybe Hearts would be great for him. Come back after a full year of top tier football at 20 would set him up well to take over from Kent.

I’d loan him to a premier league club next season for the full season. A team where he would play every week.

Looks to be an upgrade on Barker from those highlights alone, might be in the 1st team squad next season. He looks physically strong and very skilful, so why not, you've the likes of Barca, Ajax and Dortmund playing teenagers every week. If he's good enough play him.

I thought young Kennedy looked the business and well done to him.
However, the penalty looked a wee bit dubious and the third goal looked like a handball.
Maybe needs more forensic scrutiny, but that is how it looked to me.
Hearts had some right to be furious.

Biggest talent in the country.

I’m not sure what the best course of action will be for him next season, theres no point in him sitting on our bench. Loan to a higher level probably best bet.

55 :)

55 seconds onwards....he's meant to be!!!

Oaft that backheel goal from Ugwu was pure filth.

Young Kai putting in a shift there, good lad. Hope he excels and he keeps his ego in check now he's getting games.

Thought kai had very good game looking like a real player against very seasoned pro's ,young kid has massive potential love to watch that flare and bravery on the ball.

Next season surely it'd be better to have him in the first team rather than Barker & co?

That’s experienced defenders he’s making look daft there, he‘s got a real chance with us, even as early as next season.
Showed good strength as well to hold off Halkett and then still have the smarts to put it into a horrible area for any team. He keeps that up and he will have a big, big chance.

Biggest talent in the country.

I’m not sure what the best course of action will be for him next season, theres no point in him sitting on our bench. Loan to a higher level probably best bet.
If he plays like that he might get the game time Brandon Barker has had this year. Looked very good there against experienced pros. Might be a case of half a season loan and half a season getting game time as sub.

However the club handle it, he looks like a very good prospect with trickery and end product. Did more in one game against Raith Rovers than I have seen from Mikey 'Messy' Johnstone from across the city.

The third goal in particular he looks excellent.
The comment by the co-commentator says it all about Scottish football.” Thought Halkett was coming across to wipe him out.Might have been a good thing.” What do you say to a fu*king weapon coming away with pish like that.Wipe out a young boy.Ffs What a complete C*nt.

I thought young Kennedy looked the business and well done to him.
However, the penalty looked a wee bit dubious and the third goal looked like a handball.
Maybe needs more forensic scrutiny, but that is how it looked to me.
Hearts had some right to be furious.

kennedy done very well although never a penalty, if that penalty was awarded against us we would still be talking about it on here a week later at least

I can’t believe the commenters said there was hardly any contact for that penalty.

The guy cuts across Kais run and smashed into him :))
I cant believe the commentator at 2 minutes 22 seconds told us the score was Raith Rovers nil HOM two.
Hope he never commentates on any of our games!

Hearts are a a prem team Shafted by last season. Halkett and Smith are good players, who have given our main men hard games. Kennedy made both look like pub team players. What I'm surprised about is how strong he looks now. In his sub appearances last season he looked like a wee boy and didn't look great. Now he is holding off a big strong CB like Halkett easily, this season in the championship has been fantastic for his physical and mental development.

I think a season on loan to an SPL side next season is the way to go. Unless we sell a player, there isn't much space for him in our wide area (Kent, Hagi, Roofe, Wright, Aribo). It would be hard to get game time in there next season. I think a loan to a team who like to play football like Ross County or maybe Hearts would be great for him. Come back after a full year of top tier football at 20 would set him up well to take over from Kent.

I’d wouldn’t expect any potential loans to be arranged until after preseason. The coaching staff will no doubt want to look at his progress before anything’s decided.

Back