Kal Naismith over Josh Windass

Ulsterscot

Official Ticketer
Granted not watched any of Wigan this season but caught the last few minutes off their game against Norwich.

Noticed Windass and went to LiveScore to see their team.

Kal Naismith started and Windass came on as a sub.

I assume Windass has not been great at Wigan if Naismith is getting started ahead of him in a similar position?

Or is Kal Naismith better these days than I can ever remember at us. I know he was young but he was never expected to go to a much higher level was he?

He started the other night up front with Joey Garner! I checked his stats and he only has 5 goals in 27 this season.

The boy has the physical attributes and eye for goal to be a star it’s a pity his attitude is poor and he’s got the heart of a mouse!

Naismith had a good game and surprised how technically good he was, he didn’t deserve to be subbed for Windass who didn’t do much when he came on

It’s so tempting to just @ all the self proclaimed experts on here who assured me Josh was destined for the EPL and that he was some sort of superstar who we’d deeply regret letting go. I actually got dogs abuse from a couple so those ones are deserving of the humiliation of calling it so badly wrong, AGAIN. Most of them are very conspicuous in their absence from these sorts of threads anyway.

I’m clearly no genius either, it was just obvious what Windass was to anyone who could look at him objectively without blinkers on. An overgrown man child with the IQ of a potato, a player who could occasionally finish and be of use in games where teams left lots of space in behind the defence, but who was ultimately limited and gutless in most of the rest. He also brings the unwanted baggage of carrying a 20 stone skin tag, in the form of his equally dim old man.

Last edited:
Glad to see Naismith is making a decent living for himself down in England, always thought once he left us he’d end up in some obscure league i.e Steven Lennon

Fairplay to the boy

It’s so tempting to just @ all the self proclaimed experts on here who assured me Josh was destined for the EPL and that he was some sort of superstar who we’d deeply regret letting go. I actually got dogs abuse from a couple so those ones are deserving of the humiliation of calling it so badly wrong, AGAIN. Most of them are very conspicuous in their absence from these sorts of threads anyway.

I’m clearly no genius either, it was just obvious what Windass was to anyone who could look at him objectively without blinkers on. An overgrown man child with the IQ of a potato, a player who could occasionally finish and be of use in games where teams left lots of space in behind the defence, but who was ultimately limited and gutless in most of the rest. He also brings the unwanted baggage of carrying a 20 stone skin tag, in the form of his equally dim old man.
Is this an Irish potato or something a bit more sophisticated in the potato realm?
I think we should be told because he was no King Edward.

Imagine willingly leaving us to go to Wigan.
To be fair I think Gerrard told him he wasn’t going to be a regular starter for us and we were happy to let him go. Windass wasn’t smart enough to realise the opportunity he had with us.

To be fair I think Gerrard told him he wasn’t going to be a regular starter for us and we were happy to let him go. Windass wasn’t smart enough to realise the opportunity he had with us.
Gerrard went out of his way during the summer to speak with him and tell him he was part of his plans. Windass then threw a hissy fit when told he wouldn't be our main striker. He's destroyed his career in less than 6 months. Mental.

Brain cells never were his strong point.
Gerrard will have been delighted to get rid of that loser. One of the most hated Rangers players I can recall in recent memory.

i kind of felt sorry for him after his omelette interview, i didnt think anyone could be that dumb.

Talented boy who doesn't have the brains to make it at any decent level.

The interview with the equally thick Si Ferry explained exactly how he can't and wont make it at a decent level.

Any manager watching that interview doesn't sign him, he is simply too thick, selfish and arrogant to be an asset.

Shame as he clearly has alot of talent in his body, but is far too thick and will probably never realise it either.

Josh and his Dad Dean can ram it.

The ego Josh has for such a limited footballer is absolutely frightening.

He's also thick as pigsh*t.

And yes i'm glad he's gone.

Was never well liked it seemed, despite some folk defending him and preferring to sing the sash with him instead of going to paid employment. Signed his own 'end'when he upset some fans by shooshing them.

Another one who was just part of the process, and was never going to be good enough for our aspirations.

The fact he done a si ferry interview says a lot about him. He actually said he doesnt listen to some coaches.

Moron

Windass was fucking woeful when he came on.

The idea we missed him because he scored hat tricks against Fraserburgh and Ayr United is fanciful.
Not saying he's a world beater or anything but I suppose by your logic his goals against celtic, hibs, hearts and Aberdeen don't count either then

Not saying he's a world beater or anything but I suppose by your logic his goals against celtic, hibs, hearts and Aberdeen don't count either then

His goal against Celtic counted for nothing. We lost that day, after he scored in the 2nd minute and then hid for 88 minutes.

He deserves credit for his goals against Hibs and Aberdeen, but ultimately his overall contribution was miles away from being good enough.

Give me someone who might not get a goal, but battles for the team for 90 minutes and brings others into play, rather than a narcissist like Windass who thought his job was done if he scored, even if we ended up dropping points.

Talented boy who doesn't have the brains to make it at any decent level.

The interview with the equally thick Si Ferry explained exactly how he can't and wont make it at a decent level.

Any manager watching that interview doesn't sign him, he is simply too thick, selfish and arrogant to be an asset.

Shame as he clearly has alot of talent in his body, but is far too thick and will probably never realise it either.
Think he got a bit of stick off the older boys in the dressing room for that?

Brain cells never were his strong point.
Gerrard will have been delighted to get rid of that loser. One of the most hated Rangers players I can recall in recent memory.
Certainly wasn't the sharpest. He had talent but clearly lacking the mentality. We have missed his assists and goals though as we never replaced him.

Had the skills to go far.
But...
Heart of a mouse.
Brains of the village fool.
And fuking lazy to boot.

Leaving Rangers was just stupid, sort of sums the boy up TBH

Back