Kamara and Jack

We need upgrades in centre mid. I wouldn’t have issues with them both playing 15-20 games a season, but not together.

I would have preferred to have seen Arfield start rather than both Jack and Kamara.

In Scotland we should be playing Aribo and Arfield or Davis in every match (maybe the mentally challenged away excepted) with one of either Jack or Kamara.
Arfield isn’t the answer either. All three mentioned should be bench options

In league games I am no fan of Kamara, I just don't think his game is suited for the Scottish game, for me he is too slow when on the ball; having said that, in Europe I think you can see when he has more time and space he is more comfortable and looks a player.
I agree with this. Kamara is more suited to Europe and the Old Firm games. Think we should sell if a good offer came in.

They both recycle the ball well, but in terms of affecting the pitch offensively then we need better. I think Jack is a bit better at it than Kamara but I think for most of the season we will not need both of them to play at the same time.

I'd be happy if Zungu and another was bought in to play along side Aribo but if Zungu is this guy that gets on the ball and plays it forward etc then he's going to have less options with Jack or Kamara standing on the toes of the centre halves.

There was a few times yesterday Balogun brought the ball into midfield to get us further up the park and he coasted by Jack AND Kamara.

how many other chances did we make though? you not think we are slow playing the ball about in the wrong 2 thirds of the park?

we don’t create enough genuine chances.

to use 1 of the few times we did break quick which resulted in our goal I would think would strengthen my argument!
They both recycle the ball well, but in terms of affecting the pitch offensively then we need better. I think Jack is a bit better at it than Kamara but I think for most of the season we will not need both of them to play at the same time.

I'd be happy if Zungu and another was bought in to play along side Aribo but if Zungu is this guy that gets on the ball and plays it forward etc then he's going to have less options with Jack or Kamara standing on the toes of the centre halves.

There was a few times yesterday Balogun brought the ball into midfield to get us further up the park and he coasted by Jack AND Kamara.

Ffs it’s not rocket science!

The reason Balogun was able to do this is because Jack and Kamara are there to cover him!!!! And to cover for our attacking fullbacks!

Aberdeen sat in for the majority of the game making it impossible to counter them

Really hope we never see Jack as a 6 again unless it‘s an emergency. He just doesn’t do enough of what we require in that position.

Zungu I imagine will replace Kamara and play as the 6 allowing Jack to move to being the right sided 8. Hopefully Zungu adds a bit of forward thinking to the middle of the park - I believe he will. Would still like an 8 brought in.

Our problem is that most of our midfielders are all the same

Yesterday near the end Tav broke down the right and only Morelos was in the box, Aribo arriving at the edge.

We went back the way where Jack, Arfield and Kamara were all standing about 10 yards apart, just inside Aberdeen’s half.

We simply need to find different types of midfielders as the above 3 are all similar plus add Davis into that as well

Ffs it’s not rocket science!

The reason Balogun was able to do this is because Jack and Kamara are there to cover him!!!! And to cover for our attacking fullbacks!

Aberdeen sat in for the majority of the game making it impossible to counter them
The actual reason Balogun had to do this was to find someone further up the park and not passing it 10 yards to Jack or Kamara? Have we ever seen Helander and Katic do that? The only time I recall is Helander against East Fife last season.

I don't have a problem with one holding midfielder looking to come short but when both come deep it shuts off avenue's to get us further up the park. The opposition know once the centre halves get it from the keeper either going to go out wide to a full back or to one of Kamara and Jack, pretty easy to set up against. It also doesn't help that it takes so long to get played so it gives the opposition even more time to re-set.

"ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!"

This isn't an attack on the pair of them by the way, that's their game, that's fine, it's what they are good at - it just doesn't help us in certain types of games.

That's 1 of our 4 toughest away games completed! They compliment each other very well and there should be zero issue with them both playing at Pittodrie. It was also noticeable Kamara having far more touches in the final 3rd, his end product was awful but another noticeable change and another positive tweak by Gerrard and the coaching staff

Jack had a good game overall, but I'm not sure he and Kamara held the centre as well as they should have, particularly in the second half. Maybe they need more time together before we see them?

I actually feel both played very well, they dropped back to cover holes and offer cover, it allowed Morelos to play in a false 9 position and created space for our attacking midfielders.

If we had scored 2-3 more goals I think it would have highlighted how crucial their roles were but that is on Kent, Hagi and Aribo.

The negativity on here today is absolutely incredible after winning our first game of the season at the second hardest venue we will visit all season.

Utterly mental.

It's getting out of control on here.
It's absolutely bizarre.

Same posters every week always greeting about something.

We controlled the game from start to finish yesterday. Got our goal, could have scored another couple and never looked like conceding.

Really hope we never see Jack as a 6 again unless it‘s an emergency. He just doesn’t do enough of what we require in that position.

Zungu I imagine will replace Kamara and play as the 6 allowing Jack to move to being the right sided 8. Hopefully Zungu adds a bit of forward thinking to the middle of the park - I believe he will. Would still like an 8 brought in.

I think Jack is pretty much in the middle between a 6 and 8 he was quiet yesterday but we know he can be effective and is a big favourite of Gerrard's.

I still think two dynamic midfielders of quality will dramatically change us especially going forward.

Zungu holding spreading the ball forward, Aribo box to box, add in a dynamic creative player and I think we will have near enough the perfect midfield three.

Playing the two in most domestic games makes for very tough viewing.

It is not either players fault but their style and ability means they have a certain ceiling and when your up against Scottish clubs, they will be happy having two very similar players in a Rangers midfield 3.

Personally I think both are a capable players but if we truly want to make the next step, I don’t think we can afford to not upgrade on them.

The two of them constantly come deep and end up playing pointless one/two's with Goldson. All this achieves is slowing the game down and given opponents the chance to sit deep and organise.

Whilst acknowledging both have many attributes - increasing the tempo of games isn't one of them.

Never understood why they don't on such occasions, show the desire to carry the ball forwards.

There was a point last season where Jack looked as if he had leapt forward in development but its looking like he can't sustain that level. He might yet prove me wrong as the season goes on. I agree that him and Kamara shouldn't be required in the same line up. I'm not entirely convinced by either player.

There was a point last season where Jack looked as if he had leapt forward in development but its looking like he can't sustain that level. He might yet prove me wrong as the season goes on. I agree that him and Kamara shouldn't be required in the same line up. I'm not entirely convinced by either player.
Ffs!!! Yesterday was the first game of the season!

How the %^*& can you come to that conclusion 1 game into a season?

Jack has dramatically improved but I think he has peaked with us he is an integral part of the squad but if the right player comes along I think he's replaceable.

We do have a good midfield but you can see it still needs improving.

Did their job well today.

The issue is more that when we do pass through the lines the forwards return it to where it came from rather than try and turn, we also need to have the forwards look to run behind.

Kamara had a bit of a disappointing effort on goal, but he’s not in the team to score goals.

So 1 game out of seven where he was superb? I think that proves my point. I'm not saying he's a poor player, just disappointed that he couldn't maintain the higher level he had reached. I'll also reiterate that there is plenty of time for him to prove me wrong this season.

how many other chances did we make though? you not think we are slow playing the ball about in the wrong 2 thirds of the park?

we don’t create enough genuine chances.

to use 1 of the few times we did break quick which resulted in our goal I would think would strengthen my argument!

Agree that we didn't create enough chances, but the sole reason for not doing so, was not the fault of Kamara and Jack. Too often there is an over reliance on Tavernier and Barisic to be the providers. Yesterday, we definitely did not need both Kamara and Jack. In the second half, Aberdeen crowded the midfield area, making it very difficult for the quick ball.

So, maybe a change at the 60 minute mark may have helped, such as Kamara and Hagi (thought he tired about this time), replacing them with Arfield and Barker/Murphy. The reason for either of the latter two, is that both are capable of runs from deep.

The two of them constantly come deep and end up playing pointless one/two's with Goldson. All this achieves is slowing the game down and given opponents the chance to sit deep and organise.

Whilst acknowledging both have many attributes - increasing the tempo of games isn't one of them.

Never understood why they don't on such occasions, show the desire to carry the ball forwards.

You don't think Ryan Jack carries the ball forward?

What games are some folk watching on here.

IMO with both Tavernier and Barisic playing high up the pitch at the same time we need two covering players in most games. I can understand wanting to get Barisic forward but it's just not happening for Tavernier and hasn't for a while. Where Barisic is looking to take the full back on, Tavernier is low on confidence and always plays the ball back, so would it not just be better with a defensive RB and somebody wide right who can take people on and deliver a decent cross. That way we wouldn't need two of them. Jack is by far the better player of the two IMO and has a bit of dig.

We need someone to read the game and cover the back when the full backs are up the pitch. That is probably Ryan Jack amongst current personnel. We could use someone to feed the ball quickly to the wide players or over the top to the front man but where on our budget do you find a Kevin De Bruyne?

Back