Kamara contract .

Looking at how Kamara is developing I'm struggling to see how he will be a Rangers player next season. He could easily play for a lot of clubs in the CL who can pay much more money than us.

Hope I'm wrong.

Sadly, he’ll be off for very, very good money after the Euro’s.

Saying that, for this model to work, we can’t try and keep every player. We have to cash in at a peak.

Good Europa League, title winner and a Euro’s. That’s a good time to sell.

£20m.

We want to keep him for next season so need to offer him a new deal so that he doesn’t end up getting close to running it down. This boy will earn us a fortune when he goes. He’s always been strong technically, but Gerrard has coached desire and defensive awareness into him. He’s absolutely top class.

I’m actually genuinely excited to speak to the guy in front of me at Ibrox when we’re back who likes to spend about 80 mins out of the 90 saying how shite Kamara is.
His answer will be , ach how many has he scored , usual shite with them .

I think we only have 6 players, out of nearly a 30 man squad contracted further than 2023.

Barisic, Bassey, Hagi, Itten, Paterson and Roofe all of them to 2024 everyone else’s contracts expiring before then.

it looks like this is the way we do business these days. I don’t think any club can afford to commit themselves to lengthy expensive contracts.

IMO we should be extending Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Kamara and Morelos as soon as we can.

Not only to protect them as assets/maximise any fee etc but to keep the feel good factor going around the club and also send a message i.e. the spine of this great side is going nowhere unless big bucks are offered.

McGregor, Davis, Defoe and Balogun should also be offered another year.

We can't just keep throwing money at players when they have run of a few good games.

Absolutely, let's trying and keep him for as long as possible but he's ours for 2.5 years unless someone pays for him.

Throwing it out there, maybe Kamara has said he’s not looking for a new contract? Maybe he has an eye on a move in the summer?

I doubt the contract isn’t getting done because the club don’t want to do it.
That doesn’t make much sense.

He’s contracted until 2023 I think so why would he refuse better terms now?

If someone wants to buy him before then it’s going to take a lot of money regardless.

Excellent player who looks like he could perform at the top level.

The long delay in a new deal may indicate he's one of the big fees we're hoping to get in the summer.

We’re now at a point that we’ll need to think about selling these players if they’re not intending to sign new deals

Goldson, Kamara, Tav etc stock is high at present so if they’re unwilling to commit we should be looking to maximise the fees we get

Love to see him stay, he gets better and better, the bargain of bargains.

However we were told in the AGM that we expect to sell 2 players in the close season. It will be our strategy going forward and let’s face it we can’t continue making losses, the club’s well being is paramount.

I expect Kamala to be sought after.

He can go but still deserves the plaudits from every one of us.
Kamala I suppose he has played a blinder for us.

Think he will be gone in the summer for a very healthy fee.

Still cannot believe we got him for £300k. Must go down as one of the finest bit of transfer business we have ever done.

Exactly mate , one of the various reasons . Around £6k seemingly . Can’t prove that but would be about right .

I didn’t even think it would be as much as that. Certainly won’t be any more. Although he is worth so much more.

I’m confident we know what we’re doing and will do the right thing for the club.

Even with that mate . Why would you not take extra wages short term .
It’s possible we don’t have to offer an increase as he is leaving in order to balance the books. The Bournemouth defender is confirmed, edmundson, katic, balagun? One or two to go as well.
Cedric isn’t a replacement for Alfie just yet if he goes.

My God what a player.

Hopefully we can tie him down because he has been outstanding since day 1.

That doesn’t make much sense.

He’s contracted until 2023 I think so why would he refuse better terms now?

If someone wants to buy him before then it’s going to take a lot of money regardless.
I’ve already answered that in the post, maybe he has an eye on moving in the summer.

Back