Kamara interview on ITV News this evening

Just heard on the 5 live news there that both Keita and Alexander Arnold were subjected to online racist abuse after the Liverpool game last night.
Something is definitely needing some and not just a token gesture like taking the knee or wearing a red t shirt.
These animals seem more vocal now since it's been stepped up to clamp down. Mind boggling. Facilitated by anonymous accounts online.

The internet, and society, has turned into one big sleazy hate filled cesspit, and it is only going to get worse.

The only way to reduce it would be for everyone online to somehow have an unbreakable digital signature, and for it to be highly regulated. I would rather have less freedom online in exchange for a better society.

Just watched that.
For the police and UEFA cases it does have to be proved which may be a stumbling block, but we can see that something very upsetting was said. One corroborating witness and the available TV footage may not be enough. I suppose you could get a majority verdict in favour for the prosecution. Glenn was brave to go on the TV there and speak his mind, keeping racism in the public eye.

See the more you see that sleekit shitebag doing that in such a cowardly way and trying to say he just called him a Fucking Guy, just infuriates me more and more... he should made a huge example off, for racism and his pathetic lies.
Sadly I fear the worst where Uefa and Fifa etc are concerned.

The internet, and society, has turned into one big sleazy hate filled cesspit, and it is only going to get worse.

The only way to reduce it would be for everyone online to somehow have an unbreakable digital signature, and for it to be highly regulated. I would rather have less freedom online in exchange for a better society.
I agree with this.

100% mate.

The unregulated social media cesspit is a stain on society and it gets worse by the day.

Society wasn't perfect before social media came along, but it has certainly got a lot worse since then.

Just watched that.
For the police and UEFA cases it does have to be proved which may be a stumbling block, but we can see that something very upsetting was said. One corroborating witness and the available TV footage may not be enough. I suppose you could get a majority verdict in favour for the prosecution. Glenn was brave to go on the TV there and speak his mind, keeping racism in the public eye.
Sfa convicted Timothy Tonev with much less evidence , no corroboration no widespread support no media pressure .
I agree with aamer anwar there is adequate evidence to convict this trash and uefa have to do it .

Just watched the interview there. Saddened me to watch Glen talk about the impact of that incident on him. I also can't believe some comments posted on various social media outlets. Sickening.

Sickening. Fair to play to his lawyer he isn’t going to let this go.

Sadly, I have no confidence in Police Scotland or UEFA to hand out a serious enough charge.

I’ve not managed to watch it yet. Does he bring up the accusation that Kamara punched him too? They are a bunch of lying bastards desperately trying to save themselves! I fear UEFA will be weak on this even with the evidence and coverage!

Just watched that.
Not being funny here but youre making a very Michael stewart point here, so expect flak.

How many more corroborating witnesses do you need to believe Kamara?

Did Kamara and Zungu hatch this plan up before the game, agreeing the exact phrase and words they would frame the guy with?

What about the lack of reaction from the Slavia black players in the immediate vicinity of the incident when hell was breaking loose?

Not sure what you expect but there aren't many crimes where there is clear HD footage and crystal clear sound. Folk are convicted on the basis of probability using all evidence available. The fact that Zungu shouted to the bench (without a convo with Kamara) the exact words that Kamara has stated was said, Is enough evidence for the police to prosecute the guy. That along with Kamara's reaction means it is a cut and dried case, alluding anything else is unhelpful at best and leans towards the view of agenda driven haters like Stewart.

Sfa convicted Timothy Tonev with much less evidence , no corroboration no widespread support no media pressure .
I agree with aamer anwar there is adequate evidence to convict this trash and uefa have to do it .

SFA deeming guilt and a court of law proving guilt are 2 entirely different things.
I thing SFA went on the balance of probability principle.
A court goes on a beyond all reasonable doubt principle.

What a post that is - absolutely spot on

Surely “ Hun “ has now been included in the new hate speech laws brought in last month ? Everyone knows now that it’s a sectarian term for a Protestant , whether we used to sing it or not has no relevance . I’ll be sickened if it hasn’t been included. And they may well go on about if rangers fans sing about 19th Century Terrorists , pope etc they can walk off , they must also bear in mind our players could do the same if they sing the Hun , orange bastard chants as well . It’s a two way street despite then thinking they are untouchable

The silence from UEFA is deafening.

I am no investigator but its pretty clear what the facts are
I think it's absolutely outrageous if Glen incurs any kind of ban by UEFA and you wouldn't put it past them. They should grab the situation by the scruff of the neck and ban Countries/Associations from competing in European competition if they don't act,bit over the top, it's either that or teams walk,which I'm in favour of. Seen a report he could be facing a five game ban,I hope it's rubbish,but if true,Rangers should contest it vigorously.

This needs to be posted at the top . Excellent post sir

Not being funny here but youre making a very Michael stewart point here, so expect flak.

How many more corroborating witnesses do you need to believe Kamara?

Did Kamara and Zungu hatch this plan up before the game, agreeing the exact phrase and words they would frame the guy with?

What about the lack of reaction from the Slavia black players in the immediate vicinity of the incident when hell was breaking loose?

Not sure what you expect but there aren't many crimes where there is clear HD footage and crystal clear sound. Folk are convicted on the basis of probability using all evidence available. The fact that Zungu shouted to the bench (without a convo with Kamara) the exact words that Kamara has stated was said, Is enough evidence for the police to prosecute the guy. That along with Kamara's reaction means it is a cut and dried case, alluding anything else is unhelpful at best and leans towards the view of agenda driven haters like Stewart.
100% correct, and failure on the part of the police and UEFA to deal with this incident will show institutional racism still exists.

Just heard on the 5 live news there that both Keita and Alexander Arnold were subjected to online racist abuse after the Liverpool game last night.
Something is definitely needing some and not just a token gesture like taking the knee or wearing a red t shirt.
See the thing with this racist abuse online, where its mostly coming from, it seems to be turning into a craze with mostly wee dafties having a laugh to cause the most outrage.

I dont care what anyone says, these social media sites can do a lot more than they are. If they can work it in a way, that links can appear on your own fb or Twitter account to suit your own taste, then dont tell me they cant combat this.

Surely “ Hun “ has now been included in the new hate speech laws brought in last month ? Everyone knows now that it’s a sectarian term for a Protestant , whether we used to sing it or not has no relevance . I’ll be sickened if it hasn’t been included. And they may well go on about if rangers fans sing about 19th Century Terrorists , pope etc they can walk off , they must also bear in mind our players could do the same if they sing the Hun , orange bastard chants as well . It’s a two way street despite then thinking they are untouchable
The problem with that is, it's not just them calling us huns. Many protestants now call us it.

Personally, I can live with it as long as I have the right to call them for all that they deserve.

The problem with that is, it's not just them calling us huns. Many protestants now call us it.

Personally, I can live with it as long as I have the right to call them for all that they deserve.
Which you don’t so there’s the rub.

it doesn’t matter who uses it , if it’s down as hate speech , that’s all that counts .

Which you don’t so there’s the rub.

it doesn’t matter who uses it , if it’s down as hate speech , that’s all that counts .
What I was saying, is how can we make the claim that hun is sectarian, when many protestants call us the same thing.

That's a fact and something that any half decent lawyer could fight a case with. I dont make the rules mate, but that is the flaw in our argument.

The usual Ra Sellik fans embarrassing themselves on that post as usual.
Only Celtic currently employ a convicted racist and have previously had a player punished by the footballing authority in this country for making racist comments to a fellow professional.

They wouldn't know irony if it jumped out the Clyde and skelped them about the chops

What I was saying, is how can we make the claim that hun is sectarian, when many protestants call us the same thing.

That's a fact and something that any half decent lawyer could fight a case with. I dont make the rules mate, but that is the flaw in our argument.
Going by your logic many catholics call themselves f£nians . It’s still outlawed and classed as hate speech .

You can try and dance around it forever, “ Hun” has become a derogatory and dehumanising term for Protestant and therefore should be treated as such under the new Bill.

Agree with that by and large.

I'm not sure that the internet has made people worse per se. I think the shocking thing is they always thought that and they just have an easier platform to air their views.

It's like when people say they're a bit of an arsehole when they're drunk. What they really mean is they've got arsehole tendancies at the best of times and the drink just brings it to the fore.

You only need to walk round any general WoS gathering and you won't go far before you see some really archaic thoughts when it comes to minorities. Christ, you see it on here often enough.

In terms of society, a digital signature (if it's not public) linked to your online account might help prosecutions but there's issues with that process too.

Uefa, for once, acting on the matter would be a good start as far as football goes.

Going by your logic many catholics call themselves f£nians . It’s still outlawed and classed as hate speech .

You can try and dance around it forever, “ Hun” has become a derogatory and dehumanising term for Protestant and therefore should be treated as such under the new Bill.
What I'm trying to say is, for example a protestant Aberdeen fan goes to court for calling us huns, theres his defence right away.

He will walk as it will be pointed out by any half decent lawyer, that why would he give himself sectarian abuse.

Anyway, we all know fine well that all this offensive laws is not for our benefit, never was and never will be.

The very fact that many Black people call themselves the N word and it is still considered racist just as many celtic fans call themselves 19th Century Terrorists and it's considered sectarian in the eyes of the law would suggest that Protestants calling themselves huns would not be any sort of defence at all.

What I'm trying to say is, for example a protestant Aberdeen fan goes to court for calling us huns, theres his defence right away.

He will walk as it will be pointed out by any half decent lawyer, that why would he give himself sectarian abuse.

Anyway, we all know fine well that all this offensive laws is not for our benefit, never was and never will be.
He won’t walk if it’s included in the hate speech law.

The very fact that many Black people call themselves the N word and it is still considered racist just as many celtic fans call themselves 19th Century Terrorists and it's considered sectarian in the eyes of the law would suggest that Protestants calling themselves huns would not be any sort of defence at all.
Agreed .People seem obsessed by still making some kind of defence for these terms . If we want a decent society , we shouldn’t be using it . We should be looking for parity , and HUN is clearly , and unequivocally a sectarian term for Protestant these days . It didn’t used to be but it has become , so when you see “ KAH” sprayed on walls in Glasgow , have a wee think about what that message means to us and our families .

Agreed .People seem obsessed by still making some kind of defence for these terms . If we want a decent society , we shouldn’t be using it . We should be looking for parity , and HUN is clearly , and unequivocally a sectarian term for Protestant these days . It didn’t used to be but it has become , so when you see “ KAH” sprayed on walls in Glasgow , have a wee think about what that message means to us and our families .
Hate laws were brought in for the benefit of minorities, we're not a minority.

Its as simple as that.

Prove me wrong. Hanging effigies at parkhead. Convictions zero and dont give me the lost evidence. Absolute bull in this day and age.
That’s a different matter altogether as you know . It was and is a disgrace . But HUN is now sectarian and no amount of “ ach it’s just banter, we used tae sing it “ makes any difference . It’s up to us to report it and treat it the same way they did with f£enian etc . Standing by and doing nothing is what got us into a weak position on this stuff in the first place .

That’s a different matter altogether as you know . It was and is a disgrace . But HUN is now sectarian and no amount of “ ach it’s just banter, we used tae sing it “ makes any difference . It’s up to us to report it and treat it the same way they did with f£enian etc . Standing by and doing nothing is what got us into a weak position on this stuff in the first place .
I hear what your saying, but I just dont think we get treated with any respect when it comes to these things.

We have no one in Holyrood who kicks up a row on our behalf, anything we do it has us compared to far right nazis, which isnt going away anytime soon. The recent celebrations being thrown in with that girls murder in london, shows they will stoop to any low. As soon as they get a backlash, the victim card comes out time and again.

Anybody who in a high profile position made this case, then they would be ridiculed and probably cancelled. Take that clown from the students union who tore us one, not done him any harm.

These things have to work both ways, but they don't.

I hear what your saying, but I just dont think we get treated with any respect when it comes to these things.

We have no one in Holyrood who kicks up a row on our behalf, anything we do it has us compared to far right nazis, which isnt going away anytime soon. The recent celebrations being thrown in with that girls murder in london, shows they will stoop to any low. As soon as they get a backlash, the victim card comes out time and again.

Anybody who in a high profile position made this case, then they would be ridiculed and probably cancelled. Take that clown from the students union who tore us one, not done him any harm.

These things have to work both ways, but they don't.
I agree but only we can change it .

To give a small Example I recently reported a guy on Facebook for repeatedly posting about HUN this and that. The initial report came back saying “ unfortunately this doesn’t fall into our community standards rules , so we won’t remove it” . You then have an option to appeal and review the decision, it was as easy as click of a button, which I did.

And within 24 hours I received a reply from Facebook saying “ We reviewed the post again and found that it does go against our community standards on Hate Speech. We have removed the post from Facebook. We are sorry we got this wrong, and appreciate you taking the time to request the review”

Now that’s just me deciding I’m not having this posted in social media without challenge. It took two minutes of my time . If we all done it , awareness would be raised , but I feel many are just too lazy and go for the old head in the sand mentality .

I agree but only we can change it .

To give a small Example I recently reported a guy on Facebook for repeatedly posting about HUN this and that. The initial report came back saying “ unfortunately this doesn’t fall into our community standards rules , so we won’t remove it” . You then have an option to appeal and review the decision, it was as easy as click of a button, which I did.

And within 24 hours I received a reply from Facebook saying “ We reviewed the post again and found that it does go against our community standards on Hate Speech. We have removed the post from Facebook. We are sorry we got this wrong, and appreciate you taking the time to request the review”

Now that’s just me deciding I’m not having this posted in social media without challenge. It took two minutes of my time . If we all done it , awareness would be raised , but I feel many are just too lazy and go for the old head in the sand mentality .
Fair enough, but I feel it runs into deeper territory than that which I strongly suggest is down to the liberal elites who have a big say in the media.

Have a look on the trouble in NI thread. All of a sudden on the Jeremy vine show, rangers winning the league was the catalyst for all the problems. What chance do we have mate.

Fair enough, but I feel it runs into deeper territory than that which I strongly suggest is down to the liberal elites who have a big say in the media.

Have a look on the trouble in NI thread. All of a sudden on the Jeremy vine show, rangers winning the league was the catalyst for all the problems. What chance do we have mate.
We have zero chance if we don’t fight back mate. We fight, we have a chance.

Just watched that.
Glen has an eye witness , BZ, who hears the same phrase which is obvious from the footage. It will take a similar account from his team mates to say they heard it and the words were different. Someone will have to lie for him under oath.

Back