Kamara pass near the end

This is the first time when I've really thought the huge money labels being put on Glen could be right.If he plays like that in the euro league and with the rave reviews he has been getting on international duty ,he maybe our 20m man.
His pass at the end was outstanding but ignored by sportsmen. Remember how they waxed about Scott Allan's pass .
If we can sort out Kamara's most effective position the midfield should be built around him .

Just when you think he's getting boxed in, he does that.

It rounded off a flawless performance.

Sees things on the park that I don’t see watching on telly.
Came on to say this .

Sometimes I think he is from the matrix or that old movie Tron , he sees angles for passes that nobody else does , he must be murder to play against .

Think I’ll start calling him hypotenuse.

Last edited:
Might sound strange to say it about a player about to turn 25, but this feels like it could be a real breakthrough season for him.

His vision and ability shines in a team more capable of working with it and I think that is where we are. If his form is maintained, especially in Europe, then I think a number of interested parties for his signature will emerge.

What about when he had about 3-4 men around him, simple turn and he was away... was in the first half
That was when I became convinced we were winning. They were so passive - Kamara escaped three opponents, and not one of them followed him afterwards.

Bargain buy and he had nitcham in his back pocket today, all part of the second goal build up, solid play, excellent performance, if it wasn’t for Goldson, he’d maybe have been motm ?
I had him as MOTM today , guy never put a foot wrong

Sometimes he frustrates me by not being positive when he has the ball. Not yesterday. An absolute standout.

Know that cliche “go and express yourself?” He certainly showed us yesterday. Skill, vision, tenacity. So happy for him.

50k. 50 fkn k!

Kamaras agility is fantastic. The ability to change direction is class. Also, who has the clips of the lego muncher getting pegged and that daft fullbag of theirs pingpong?

I said to my boy & my brother , if the South African we’ve signed is as good as Glen Kamara ,I’ll be astonished.

I remember when he played for Dundee against us at Ibrox and it was the first time in a long time that I sat up and took notice of a player from another team.

The guy is pure class and on a different level. We will do well to keep hold of him.

I said to my boy & my brother , if the South African we’ve signed is as good as Glen Kamara ,I’ll be astonished.
It's not about being as good as Kamara or anyone else in midfield. It's just about offering us the chance of a different type of midfielder if required.

He also played in an international and travelled back to Scotland, all that stuff takes its toll but he seemed to get an injection of energy well done Glen Kamara if it wasn't for big Goldson bagging two he would certainly have been man of the match, as he was superb.

Mentioned this exact moment in the other thread - the 50k man thread .. post #171 haha

and then highlighted how jacks pass was into Kent but he never read it and the move broke down
Javks pass should've been in field to arfield. What a performance our team put in. Neil mccann said it was total control of a football match.

He really is a joy to watch. When we signed him I thought we should build the midfield around him.
At the start of last season he was playing poorly and it took him a couple of months to find his form again.
This season he's been one of our better performers, among many, and I'm sure there's more to come from him.
If he could add goals we really would have the complete midfielder.

Cant beat a pass you let out a little chuckle afterwards
Then Alf clips lego's lug for another:D

Kamara plays like he is on skates gliding around. the difference between top quality players and good players is consistency, if he played like that week in week out we would be bracing ourselves for a hefty incoming offer, i watched the City/Arsenal game last night and Kamara would not have looked out of place in any of their midfields.

Last edited:
This was the Kamara match for me. I worry someone will come in for him in January on the back of this performance.

If Arfield takes that ball and runs onto it it causes major problems for their CB’s. Do they come out to Arfield and leave Alfie? Would have left their back line very broken. Do they stick with Alfie and allow Arfield to drive forward getting a cross or a shot away?

Shows how easy it can be to play between the banks of players they set up as the gaps Celtic left between the lines was huge. Duffy likes to defend with the game infront of him on his 18yd line. He’s way out his comfort zone playing a high line, hence the gaps.

He plays like the Spurs Moussa Dembele doesn’t he? Football Stewart said that when he was at Dundee and since then I’ve took notice of how his play style is similar.

Goldson got MOTM due to the goals, and deservedly so.

Kamara was immense though. I've not been his biggest fan at times due to inconsistency but he went to another level today.
Totaly agree on all points ive been a big critic but yesterday he was superb Kamara brilliant!

Watching the highlights on sky there and he fired a belter through the middle of the park up to to get us on the break was a stunning pass aswell

dare i say, when the sad day that Steven Davis is no longer playing for us
Kamara can step into that role

Kamara did more with the ball in 9 seconds than their entire team did in 90 minutes. Yet they are the multi-million pound superstars. Isn't that right Keef, Spew, Mickey and all the other Liewell arselickers?

I absolutely love wee Kamara the kid is an absolute baller. Technique is off the charts in Scottish Football hes destined for EPL in a year or two.

At the start of the season I was unconvinced Kamara was quite at the level we needed – since then he's been great and has shown aspects of his game that haven't really be there often enough before. Maybe it's down to a run of games or the confidence of being first pick or the coaching, not sure, but it's great to see.

The one big flaw for me in Kamara's game is his tendency to switch off in dangerous places once a game, although it has happened this season it's only been once or twice which is a huge improvement.

Immediately thought of THAT Barry Ferguson turn vs Leverkusen away where he took out 4 or 5 players in one go.
superb.
At 12 mins, 15 secs into the game he had 3 Tim players round him and he did one turn and left them all for dead

Hopefully someone can make a gif of it. Was amazing

Kamara was great from start to finish yesterday. When you can’t decide MOTM between him and somebody who scored two goals it tells you how good he was.

I’m a huge Ryan Jack fan but this season I’ve come to the conclusion that we shouldn’t be playing them both in the same team. They do too similar a job and one thing I think lets them both down is there unwillingness to have a pop from outside the box.

For the moment Kamara is the man and I would use `Jack as the man to come on and close it all down when the game is won.

Was outstanding yesterday, and that pass was sublime, won’t get the plaudits it should though.

Back