Kamara pass near the end

So many times yesterday he picked up the ball on the half turn taking 2 or 3 of their players out of the game. He also drove forward protecting the ball while being pressed nub 3 or 4 of them numerous times. He was unreal yesterday.

His passing and general movement is just absolutely sublime. He is our most gifted midfielder. He was hands down out MOTM yesterday. Rolls Royce of a player.

He makes the game look incredibly simple, he is a wonderful player, skill, vision, sublime passing ability.

We will make an absolute fortune on him, hopefully not for another year or 2 though.

That move broke down because the next pass should have been inside instead of going forward as it looked like RK was not gonnae and didn't get on the end of the pass.
Haha, Ryan Jack is the man who gets criticised for passing sideways then criticised for passing forward. If you watch again you will see the pass go to where Kent pointed, Kent quit on his run though

That's the Glen Kamara we need every game he was outstanding
Absolutely. And some folk think he can't play a forward pass. Hopefully this gives him the confidence to play passes like this more often. His ball retention and ability to turn out of trouble have improved a lot this season too.

Thank you OP and thanks to the poster who put up the link. A pass of beauty which I have been raving about since then. I can now show people how good it was as it passed largely unnoticed at the time as we gave the ball away right after it. He was absolutely brilliant yesterday, his play in the build up to the second goal was superb. He does't get an assist for that but without him there is not a goal.

Absolutely. And some folk think he can't play a forward pass. Hopefully this gives him the confidence to play passes like this more often. His ball retention and ability to turn out of trouble have improved a lot this season too.
He frustrates me he has proper genuine ability but seems sloppy sometimes that's the standard he should be setting every week he does and he'll become a legend

Bit of a confidence player. I think he looked at the Celtic midfield and thought. I can do what I want against these duffers

Kamara was superb yesterday. If any other clubs are watching us, he will be a target. He just looks like a very good, modern midfielder.

Has anyone got a link to it? A thing of Beauty.

My MOTM.

Totally dominated the midfield, while also helping Borna to totally nullify Frimpong, who was anonymous because of this.

I said in another thread, he is unplayable when he runs with the ball at times (much like aribo) I just wish he would do it more often

I thought that was the best I have ever seen Kamara play. Aside of that sublime world class pass. In the build up to the second goal he plays a lovely drag back to totally wrong foot the defender and play in Arfield.
Like you I thought that he was excellent yesterday and was my man MOTM , however my my favourite memory is when he sold the lego eater a dummy leaving him on his arse and played a superb ball to Defoe who dummied it for Scott Arfield to run on and make it 2-0 at Ibrox

Kamara was great from start to finish yesterday. When you can’t decide MOTM between him and somebody who scored two goals it tells you how good he was.

I’m a huge Ryan Jack fan but this season I’ve come to the conclusion that we shouldn’t be playing them both in the same team. They do too similar a job and one thing I think lets them both down is there unwillingness to have a pop from outside the box.

For the moment Kamara is the man and I would use `Jack as the man to come on and close it all down when the game is won.
Honestly mate I’m Jack’s biggest fan, but I think on present form it’s between Jack and Davis to sit. If Kamara and Arfield offer the performances they have of late, then Jack or Davis can sit and Kamara can push on a bit more left of centre as he has been and did yesterday.

Honestly mate I’m Jack’s biggest fan, but I think on present form it’s between Jack and Davis to sit. If Kamara and Arfield offer the performances they have of late, then Jack or Davis can sit and Kamara can push on a bit more left of centre as he has been and did yesterday.
My point was Jack and Kamara starting together.

Unfortunately I don't think Davis can give us 50+ games a season andI'd want him kept for the bigger games. We have quite a lot of options now with the likes of Hagi in the middle and the new guy, Zungu. I don't see it as a choice betweed RJ & SD.

I think there's still a lot to sort out with this team. The make up of the front six and their configuration isn't clear yet and I think he'll vary it according to who plays.

I'm optimistic that SG is working Scottish football out and I'm optimistic about the future. When anybody gets a knock these days we are never in the position of bringing in a make-weight. The only thing that's wrong for me at the moment is persisting with Alfie and Brandon Barker who are just not giving us enough at this time.

Still can't believe how good a deal we got on Kamara. What a bargain, one of the best players on the park yesterday

I remember when he played for Dundee against us at Ibrox and it was the first time in a long time that I sat up and took notice of a player from another team.

The guy is pure class and on a different level. We will do well to keep hold of him.

If it's game I'm thinking of, I think we won 4-0 or something, yet Kamara was head and shoulders the best player on park.

At the start of the season I was unconvinced Kamara was quite at the level we needed – since then he's been great and has shown aspects of his game that haven't really be there often enough before. Maybe it's down to a run of games or the confidence of being first pick or the coaching, not sure, but it's great to see.

The one big flaw for me in Kamara's game is his tendency to switch off in dangerous places once a game, although it has happened this season it's only been once or twice which is a huge improvement.
He has always had the ability but he did thrown in some clangers away to Hearts and at home to the sheep etc, let's hope that's knocked out of him now and he stays consistent because he is a joy to watch.

Thinking back to the 2-0 game when he setup the goal for Arfield, that was a sublime bit of skill and movement.

We absolutely stole him from Dundee. I also like the fact that we coughed up the money to bring him in early to give him a greater feel for what it means to play for Rangers. He’s fast becoming a massively integral part to our team.

According to the BBC report, Kamara kept Frimpong quiet all game.

Eh, he kept more that the wee fan-boy quiet all game, Ntcham, Brown were another two who fell out his pocket at the end of the game.

Said that to the wife at the time. A sublime pass. She just looked at me in a kind of stupefied, uninterested way!

Kamara, is a bargain and probably our best value for money buy in many a year. I was worried about his tendency to get lax and be caught on the ball, but, what a talented player he is.
"Said to the wife"*
*Roared and jumped about like a wean at Christmas, or like the 8th goal had just gone in, and wonders why the wife has no clue what's just happened.
:))

Back