Kamara v Ntcham - who looked like the £15m player?

Cooper22

Kamara was awesome yesterday and bossed the midfield.
He’s someone who doesn’t always get the credit he deserves and it was great to see Gerrard sticking with him yesterday after recent excellent performances.
Ntcham couldn’t get near him and only one of them looked like a £15m player....

Last edited:
There is no chance they are getting anywhere near £15m for Ntcham now.

They supposedly rejected loan offers from Bordeaux and Brest on deadline day. That shows you where his stock is at - two middling Ligue 1 teams.

Kamara will go for more.

Last edited:
He is 24 now, been struggling to hold down a place in their midfield for over a year, only got 18 months left on his contract and generally looks uninterested when he does play. They will be making a loss on the £4.5m they spent never mind getting close to £15m.

Kamara was awesome yesterday and bossed the midfield.
He’s someone who doesn’t always get the credit he deserves and it was great to see Gerrard sticking with him yesterday after recent performances.
Ntcham couldn’t get near him and only one of them looked like a £15m player....
What do you mean sticking by him after recent performances? He’s been brilliant all season.

There's nothing flashy about Kamara, that's why he doesn't stick out as much as he could. He just batters on efficiently and he's one of these guys along with Davis who's always there when you need somebody to take a pass.

What do you mean sticking by him after recent performances? He’s been brilliant all season.
He got a bit of stick after the Livingstone game, was dropped and only got back in the team when Jack was injured, so with Jack fit, Arfield on form and Davis a certain starter there was a bit of speculation that Kamara would give way, totally agree that he’s been playing well when selected.

Last edited:
The vast difference in valuation between Kamara and Ntcham has mostly been driven by our "tims with typewriters" in the Scottish media.
It would be nice to see a Rangers player getting over-hyped by these chimps if only to see if they're actually capable of taking their green tinted specs off and do it!

Ntcham will disappear off the radar on a free transfer to some sub par continental team. You want him v the likes of Ross McCrorie Jason Holt and Andy Halliday.... with the greatest of respect to them players. You don’t want him v Davis Arfield Kamara and Jack. They dominated him

They supposedly rejected loan offers from Bordeaux and Brest on deadline day. That shows you where his stock is at - two middling Ligue 1 teams.

Kamara will go for more.
They should have took the offer from brest and sent that tit to france to make a pair of tits

Ntcham just doesn't want to be there does he. He doesn't want to play for Celtic and doesn't want to play for Lennon. Trouble is, they can't get anyone to take him. This is where the mental efforts by Celtic, their fans and the Scottish media fucks things up for Celtic. By overpricing their players so often and so publicly there seems to be very little genuine interest.

Thing is, Ntcham is a better player than he shows for Celtic and probably could have a good career somewhere. It ain't going to be for Celtic in Scotland though.

The guy has been key in just about every success we have enjoyed over them in recent years. In terms of sheer athleticism alone he is light years ahead of anyone they have which is why they struggle to get near him.

Ntchham takes not being arsed to new levels and I have to say that it is absolutely tremendous to see.

How much is he on a week?

Becuse of volume of games there will be a place for Jack but if I had to pick my starting 11 he's nowhere near it.

Kamara is the type of player we need that was outstanding yesterday. That reverse pass and taking 3-4 players a walk in first half was world class.

What a player he is.

As for Ntcham he's done.

I think a lot people have this wrong. Ntcham is a very good player, but he’s chucked it. I think Edouard is about to as well.

If you're an ambitious player, why would you even think about signing for a jakey like treacle teeth?
These guys must look at Stevie G and watch what he's building with envy. They're at the wrong club.

Kamara will go for more.

He has regressed so far, the poets must be absolutely sick because he could have earned them big money. Which is nice. Their is definetely something going on behind the scenes. Lennon never really lasts long before returning to alcoholism and blaming everyone else, so that might be it. Remember last season he was caught telling one of his own players to '%^*& off'? That can't go down well.

Becuse of volume of games there will be a place for Jack but if I had to pick my starting 11 he's nowhere near it.

Kamara is the type of player we need that was outstanding yesterday. That reverse pass and taking 3-4 players a walk in first half was world class.

What a player he is.

As for Ntcham he's done.
I thought Jack did well when he came on, but it was noticeable in the post match interview that he seemed very down. With Zunga on board you would expect lots of healthy competition.....

I thought Jack did well when he came on, but it was noticeable in the post match interview that he seemed very down. With Zunga on board you would expect lots of healthy competition.....

It was a good substitute perfect time to introduce when in the lead.

I just think he's not been at it so far he slows us down too much for what we want to do.

Ntcham has been hugely overrated by them (and the Scottish media) since the day he arrived and Kamara has been vastly underrated by a large portion of our support.

I know which one I’d rather have in my team. And he’ll be leading Finland at the Euros next summer. Outstanding yesterday.

Kamara will go for more.

I think that Ntcham has chucked it and will either run down his contract or will go on loan till his time at Piggery is up.

He really looks like he doesn't wanna be there

the only reason why Ntcham is "rated" at that sort of price by idiots is because they spent a decent amount on him. Again he's very similar to Rogic, played against utter pish Rangers teams and been able to rule the game or score goals in Rogic's case

in reality against a strong team, both of them are below average and that lot are only starting to figure that one out now

Not the old body language again. Pretty sure as a Bear he will be delighted with yesterday. Just a guess.
I think he’s pretty dour at the best of times mate but he just seemed a bit gutted, presumably as he didn’t start. I’ll take that any-day over someone who’s not bothered...

I love the player Kamara is developing into but there's a ceiling on the price for midfielders who don't score or set up goals. Every team thinks they can pick up a guy like that for £50k

I genuinely think Kamara quite possibly has the highest ceiling of any player in Scotland at this moment.

He would not look out of place playing for a top CL team. I reckon he would be a real superstar were he playing in Serie A

Kamara, Zungu and Aribo is a midfield fit for the CL. If we can add another option for the right forward position in January the squad will be looking very strong.

Ntcham arrived with a good pedigree having been at Man City and in Serie A. Playing regularly with the French u23s and a lot of talk from the mentally challengeds about how much they'd be able to sell him on for ensued. He's regressed massively since Lennon arrived. He's been anonymous in his last few Old Firm starts. I think he had/has the potential to be a good player but it's not going to happen in Scotland. He only seems to turn it on in Europe but he often doesn't get picked by Lennon.

Contrast with Glen Kamara. Arrived at Neil McCann's Dundee side as a relatively unknown quantity after being discarded by Arsenal. Showed glimpses of his abilities and earned a move to us. He's also become an integral part of a very competent Finnish national side, who more than surpassed expectations to qualify for Euro 2020. He's now putting on big performances for us in big games both in Europe and domestically, whilst learning to carry those performances into the smaller games.

I know who the scouts are paying closer attention to now. It's certainly not the man that they've been touting as a £15/20 million pound player for the past 3 seasons.

Roles have reversed, we now have a team of player bought and paid for. Loans can be helpful but it's a stop gap most of the time and doesn't instill solidarity to a squad, they have started to fill their squad with loans now and it's showing. Players using them for as a stop gap with no real commitment.

I rated Ntcham at 1 point, thought he was their best player (only see him against us mind you) but he looks to have regressed massively (the managerial skills of Lennon, I suppose). To be fair in the last month or 2 Kamara has went up a good few levels and I don't know if peak Ntcham would have even been able to deal with Kamara yesterday

Kamara will go for more.
Absolutely nowhere near 15, they will be doing well to get their money back.

He looked really good in his first 18 months but is very poor now.

Ntchham takes not being arsed to new levels and I have to say that it is absolutely tremendous to see.

How much is he on a week?
I was impressed by his level of not being arsed.

Brilliant to watch.

Mind you if you were good at football and that fat mess was your coach you wouldn't either.

Kamara at 50k. What a steal that was. He'll go for very decent money and make us a tidy profit. He's in superb form just now, but he does still give me the fear that he's going to lose or give the ball away in dangerous positions.

Ntcham looks like he can't be fucked. I'm sure having a tadger like lennon for a manager doesn't help.

He is 24 now, been struggling to hold down a place in their midfield for over a year, only got 18 months left on his contract and generally looks uninterested when he does play. They will be making a loss on the £4.5m they spent never mind getting close to £15m.
Seemingly he wants away big time. Hopefully it causes as much unrest, in the squad, as possible.

Ntcham is a very good player but he hasn't wanted to be there for well over a year

Guarantee when he moves he will be a great player for his next team

He's one of a good few who want to bailout at the cesspit

Back