Kamara

He looks a completely different player in Europe.

He's been excellent all season but in Europe he just goes up levels.

Could see a team like Benfica going for him, perfect for that league.

Yes, a poster in the match thread last night suggested that Kamara will probably go to one of our continental opponents (in the same way we picked up Borna).

Without the blue-tinted specs, Kamara is good enough to play in almost any football clubs side that I've seen.
We'll make a packet on him.

I think it will be difficult to keep a hold of him. I’ll be stunned if he isn’t on teams radar already.

He's a totally different player this season playing a totally different game.

Last season it was sitting back, being 'safe', not moving a great deal, making the easy passes, and getting caught in possession the odd time in dangerous situations. In all honesty, although he was decent, he was playing as if he thought he wasn't good enough to be at Rangers and just wanted to make sure he didn't make a mistake. As a result, he was making mistakes.

This season he's taking on a lot more responsibility, venturing forward with great runs and link-up, showing a great range of passing beyond the simple sideways stuff, and no more getting caught in possession.

In some ways, it's similar to the progress we've seen with Jack under Gerrard. A few times early on Gerrard said publically that Jack has a lot of ability but essentially needs to back himself more and be more confident in what he can do and the confidence is clear to see with Jack now – he's a real senior player.

I've mentioned a couple of times now but at the end of last season people were talking about £10m for Kamara and I was honestly wondering what people were watching, I didn't see a player anywhere near worth that. On current form and if he keeps it up, I see a player well beyond £10m.

He's some player. Really stands out at this level. Still bizarre to think he was at Dundee not so long ago n their bench at times.

Testament to him and the coaching staff for getting to where he is currently.

Did think last night that he was a bit slow in getting back to the man at the edge of the box at one of their goals, can't quite remember which but hard to fault considering he was probably out on his arse. One of his best games in my memory of him getting the ball and taking it forward by quite a bit.

My MOTM last night.

I'm a big fan of all our midfielders, but Kamara is on a different level to any other mid in the country.

At the age he is, he's probably our biggest asset and will go for seriously big money, when the time is right.

He will make us an incredible profit. Could see him going for upwards of 20m. That type of player is very much in vogue at the moment.

The difficulty for our players is do they stay for a crack at the CL which they might not get elsewhere or do they move this summer because Barisic, Kamara and Morelos will all fancy this summer as a big payday while Kent may also think similar.

My MOTM last night also. I just hope we can keep hold of him until after the Euros next year. He could easily go for over 20m if he stays on the trajectory he's on. Brilliant player.

He will make us an incredible profit. Could see him going for upwards of 20m. That type of player is very much in vogue at the moment.

The difficulty for our players is do they stay for a crack at the CL which they might not get elsewhere or do they move this summer because Barisic, Kamara and Morelos will all fancy this summer as a big payday while Kent may also think similar.
Kent i think is slightly different he trusts Gerrard and vice Vera with time in Liverpool youths.

He will leave with Gerrard most likely

Barasic is the one I think we will really want to sell this summer due to his age

A really superb midfield player, his strength is being able to keep the ball when under pressure, he never gets flustered. We have a tremendous midfield that can only get stronger with addition of Zungu giving us strength in depth. Kamara and Davis are superb for us at the moment. Kamara is one of our biggest assets, we should enjoy him while we still have him.

My MOTM last night.

I'm a big fan of all our midfielders, but Kamara is on a different level to any other mid in the country.

At the age he is, he's probably our biggest asset and will go for seriously big money, when the time is right.
His technical ability, agility and instinct are in perfect sync, this makes him an utter nightmare to play against.
I have said this about him before.

He can turn like the ball is connected to his foot, one fluid movement and he is 180 degrees away from an opponent without the ball leaving his boot.

Exceptional talent and sn absolutely huge prospect imo.

Everyone knows my love of Kamara, but he’s taken it up a notch again. The most cultured player in our team & only 25.

We will struggle to keep him after the Euro’s.

Really impressed with how he’s developed as a player. He’s got a bit in him going forward and seems to be confident to carry the ball.

Senses danger well and breaks play up when needed. Looks at home on the European stage. I fear we will lose him in January at this rate.

Magnificent player who was an absoulte steal at £50k! And we only paid that so we could take him in January. Fully expect us to sell him for £10 million plus which is a remarkable profit.

Never breaks sweat.

He was outstanding but was one of a few out on his legs last night.

Twice in the lead up to one of their goals he couldn’t get goalside of his player because he was knackered.

Not his fault we done a hell of a lot of running and chasing on a heavy pitch, and towards the end against fresh legs.

Would take unreal scouting and recruitment to find a guy with his ability again, cant quite believe he ended up at Dundee. If I was a scout I would be looking at places like Arsenal etc and have a dossier on all the players being let go etc. There has to be at least one Kamada leaving their academy each year, surely?

Also, if we do sell Kamara we can demonstrate to guys in England the pathway we can give them here.

He typifies Scottish football nothing to see here he's doesn't fit into the hammer thrower concept. He arrives at a football team willing to advance his football brain and we've gained a diamond. His skill will draw the bids unfortunately for us. Let's enjoy while we stil have him.

He typifies Scottish football nothing to see here he's doesn't fit into the hammer thrower concept. He arrives at a football team willing to advance his football brain and we've gained a diamond. His skill will draw the bids unfortunately for us. Let's enjoy while we stil have him.
That’s not really fair, he was playing for a footballing team in Dundee & more often not he was great for them. Anybody who watched Dundee could see he was an incredible talent who could play.

I get your point though.

I’m fairly sure we’d rather keep him, as it’s doubtful we could afford a comparable replacement. I think there is more incentive to sell younger players that have sell-on clauses.
Got to disagree, player sales are going to be needed from next summer onwards, we brought in £0.7M in sales last season.

Of course we would rather keep him but thats not how our model as a club is going to be going forward.

Another fantastic performance last night rarely looses a ball.

He seems to have more belief in his contributions in a more advanced role. Two sublime back heels last night , we really are benefitting from him having a bit more freedom to go forward.

He's bulked up so he can hold the ball longer (he had a habit of getting caught in possession) and also cut out the 'sloppy' passes he had in him.

It is superb to see a good player improve.

Make no mistake, he is the most valuable player in our squad. If he leaves us for 15 million, I can guarantee his value will double within 12-18 months. We absolutely must insist on a sell-on clause when the day comes.

Kamara has been excellent this season. I actually think he is underused. He always seems to be one of the players to be regularly taken out the side. We have good competition in there so it’s difficult to keep everyone firing but Kamara is just a lovely footballer.

Yes, a poster in the match thread last night suggested that Kamara will probably go to one of our continental opponents (in the same way we picked up Borna).

Without the blue-tinted specs, Kamara is good enough to play in almost any football clubs side that I've seen.
We'll make a packet on him.
Agreed. Hate to see him go, but we need the dosh if Lille don't make new bid for alfie

Kamara is just phenomenal. His awareness, control, passing, skill, I mean to get a player of that ability for 50k is just frightening. If he could could shoot we would be looking to add another 0 on the end of what probably value him at.

You know that wee drop of the shoulder is coming but he still gets away from each player every time he does it.

Also, if we do sell Kamara we can demonstrate to guys in England the pathway we can give them here.

True.
It's an important aspect of us buying and selling -- being able to point to recent players who have joined "from nowhere" and gone immediately into "big" clubs (and that's no slight on us), with big ensuing transfer fees, onto big wages and a higher profile.

It can only help us in recruiting "prospects".

Back