Kamara

YOGI_GER

Thoughts on Glen last night?

Ever since someone mentioned last week how ineffective he’s become, I took to watching him last night.

Very neat and tidy in the ball but yes, hardly a threat. Better second half with a superb ball through to Kent (I think) late on.

It’s got to be Lundstram and Jack for me.

Lundstram has been superb and much more to come I think.

I think he’s better mopping up on the left of a three.

I know he doesn’t do that for Finland, but I think he’s actually far better suited to Gerrard’s formation than Gio’s.

With Borna largely incapable of the overlaps of old, maybe he’d be better in front of Tav?

He seems to do well when stepping in and covering.

Links up nicely with Aribo though.

Great footballer to watch. Neat and tidy.

He is much more suited next to someone (Lundstrum in this case) playing as a no.6. Similar to his role in Gerrards formation.

Hopefully we have seen the last of him in that horrible lone no.6 role.

The only disadvantage is you want you're 8 to carry an attacking threat & Kamara doesn't really although I thought he did quite well driving forward vs Hibs occasionally

Isn’t a playmaker which is what we need right now. Often appears uncomfortable in possession especially in own half. What he is very good at is breaking up play, interceptions and energetic pressing. Has a place in midfield 3 only when Aribo plays in front three.

I've been critical of him recently but thought he played well last night.

But I agree.. Jack & Lundstram would be my preferred midfield.

He was perfect under the formation Gerrard played but it is not enough to be tidy in possession the way GVB sets up. We need physicality in that position or we struggle to control the midfield.

He has a real fight on his hands to start now when everyone is fit IMHO

Ever since someone mentioned last week how ineffective he’s become, I took to watching him last night.

Very neat and tidy in the ball but yes, hardly a threat. Better second half with a superb ball through to Kent (I think) late on.

I think he's been told the last couple of games to get a bit higher up the pitch, but still has a lot of habits to play it safe instead of taking risks. Hopefully with a bit of coaching and being asked to take more responsibility he can become more of an influence in matches.

I thought he was strong last night. As others have said his pressing was back and I noticed him playing balls through the lines, as did most of the team. It was a marked difference from the two games ago so clearly there’s been words spoken about it.

It is possible he has just dipped in form, doesn’t mean he’s a fish out of water all of a sudden. It could also be that he and the team are taking time to adjust to a new system.

He was OK but his first instinct is to play safe and play the ball back or to the side.
Not first choice for me if Jack and Lundstram are available.

He plays better with aribo closer to him. Their close ball control in getting out of tight situations is superb. Maybe a factor in his form

I know he doesn’t do that for Finland, but I think he’s actually far better suited to Gerrard’s formation than Gio’s.

With Borna largely incapable of the overlaps of old, maybe he’d be better in front of Tav?

This. Me and my boy actually call him Henry Hoover the way he plays when he’s playing well. Every stray ball, loose pass or even stray touch gets hoovered up by wee Kamara when he’s on it in the middle of the park. But it’s bang on to say he is a leutenant not a general. He’s ideal as a third midfielder in big games and in Europe and is normally excellent at playing triangular passes and retaining possession. His role is diminished in most SPL matches as he tends to be a spare part and he can’t play the Arfield or Aribo role.

I thought he was good last night. Showed a different side to his game that we havent seen often with the amount of pressing he was doing.
100%, he was breaking the lines regularly but struggles when he gets to the opposition 18 yard line, would love to see him take more pops at goal or just drive right at the heart of the defence because he certainly has the skill for it

He drives me nuts, slows almost every single attack down. (My jaw nearly hit the floor at his goal last week).

There was an attack down the right last night, a sweeping move, he gets the ball on the right, 3 defenders chasing back to the box. Kamara checks the run, takes a step back and in that 2 or 3 seconds Hibs had 7 back defending. It boils my piss.

In Europe he is invaluable, breaking up play and maintaining possession against strong teams. He's a modern day Hemdani.

Don't get me started on his inability to shoot.

Last couple of games he’s added something to his game (hearts and hibs). Looks to run beyond Morelos when we are countering and it makes a massive difference. Jack was doing this aswell on Sunday and it’s good to watch so well done Gio.

I thought he played pretty well last night, but there was one incident that had me tearing my hair out. Bassey (I think) played a direct forward pass through the first line (something we don't do very often), putting Kamara in space, with 10 yards open in front of him. He had the chance to play a similar pass to the front line, or drive into the space. He first timed it back to the full back (Tav). Attack over. That happens so often. Yet he does lots of good things.

I was surprised when he came on against Hearts and joined in the attacks. He scored a goal you'd expect from an attacking midfielder / striker.

Still don't know what his best position is tbh.

I like Kamara, he clearly has talent. But that aside I get frustrated by his urge to pass back to the defenders rather than look for a forward option. When you watch Jack most of his play is moving the ball forward and thats why he makes the team tick.

Glen was fine yesterday. I do think however that Jack is a superior player. We desperately need Jack to be fit enough to play the bulk of a season.

I used to be very worried about the prospect of losing Glen and the negative impact it could have on our midfield but recent performances and the reemergence of Lundstram have totally eased my fears. Kamara is brilliant and I’m a big fan but if we can sell him for £15m to pocket some cash and invest in two or three more players it would represent sensible business.

I thought he played really well last night. You could tell the way we were pressing that we were laying traps for them and that greatly involved Kamara pressing higher up. On the ball he recycled it well and never really let them break on us.

I don't like him as the deepest midfielder. I think he has a lot more to offer further forward and is great at retaining the ball in tight situations. Would like to see him further forward and he should be getting in more positions like he did for his goal v Hearts.

Thought he was good last night.

He needs someone like Lundstram or Jack beside him. When it was him, Arfield and Aribo or him, Sands and Arfield it was just too weak.

Lundstram was the man in front of the defence. Kamara was neat and tidy in midfield, yet the role of e.g. Jack is not (yet) his. Maybe we expected a physical approach by Hibs and kept him on to counter that, but truth be told, I`d trial him in such a role against Annan or the like, not when points are on the menue.

Effectively, Morelos again ran the show up top for long spells alone, as Aribo was roving about and Kent de facto too ineffective in front of goal. Arfield`s run into spaces caused problems for Hibs more than what Aribo and Kamara did, as they time and again ran into closed avenues.

While it is all fine and well to have possession and create chances, we simply need to play "finishers" and people willing to shoot AND able score. Had Alfie not got the 2nd goal, the last 5 to 10 mins when Hibs started to run at us would once more have been squeaky bums time.

Kent, for all his work down the left, is producing stats of a left winger, but not a left-sided striker in a 3-up-top. It's 2 goals and 8 assists in 17 league games. Put Roofe or Sakala in there instead of him, play Kent truly on the wing or a little deeper alongside Aribo, leave Lundstram (et al) to do the dirty work and see how it goes.

Glen has played a lot of football since joining Rangers. It may be that he is suffering from that. He has been the most present out of the other midfielders, who have been dogged by some really bad injuries.

So Glen maybe just needs a break, and hopefully the time for that may come if Lundstram is now firing along with Arfield, and Davis and fingers crossed Jack are back in contention.

Kamara to me is a Ghost of a player, gifted player Yes, however, Now you see him, Now you Don’t, with the later the norm.

I think there are loads of logic and good points to this trail of thought.

Excusing Amad/Sakala/Arfield on that side for a minute, I do get excited at the thought of the following quartet:

ST - Alfie
RW - Aribo
CMr - Kamara
RB - Tav

That does excite me

Back