Kamberi for Docherty-Swap deal

Mosesmcneil

It seems Stevie doesn't have Greg in his plans so would this be a logical decision.

Are the deals loan with to buy option?

Personally I would be happy for Kamberi to stay.

As for Doc, I think he would have played more already if he had a chance.

I don't see that necessarily both are dependent on each other.
Doc will leave in the summer I think, he is a really good player but he just doesn't fit our plans. If he continues his form I think English Championship sides will bid far more than Hibs can for him.
As for Kamberi, I'd sign him. He's not going back to Hibs, so they would sell for <£1m.

There’s a long way to go before Rangers decide to move for Kamberi.

1) He needs to put a shift in and prove he’s worthy of playing for Rangers over the long term. That means getting it spot on when we rely upon him between now and the end of the season. He’s done ok so far, but it’s been a couple of games, and we shouldn’t be shooting our load because someone has done ok in a couple of games.

2) The Gaffer and Ross Wilson really need to (and I’m sure they are) work on all options for the forward line next season. That could be with or without Morelos. That could involve better targets than Kamberi.

Basically it is way to early to even suggest Kamberi is a fit for us long term.

Hard to see how Kamberi will ever play again for Hibs after his well recorded comments!

We hold the cards here, we will be able to sign FK on a perm if the club decides that is appropriate.

Docherty is doing extremely well and, even if Hibs want him, SG will have a good look at him in pre season to decide whether or not he has a future at Rangers - for sure

Kamberi has started well, but it's early days.

Doc certainly isn't at the level to start in the Rangers midfield at the moment, but I've not given up on him yet.

The jury's still out for any decision on that for me yet.

There will be a number of players leaving at the end of the season. Some who will still be under contract have been told to put their agents to work to find other clubs, the inference being that Rangers would not be hard to deal with. Room is needed to bring back loan players who are hungry to succeed, Docherty and the two McCrorie’s spring to mind, and promote from the very successful reserve/under 19 teams. Because of UEFA squad rules we need more Scottish ‘educated’ players in the squad as we have not been able to register a full 25 man squad.

It seems Stevie doesn't have Greg in his plans so would this be a logical decision.

This, for me, is as bad as writing him off.
Lets wait and see what he’s delivered by the season end.
Ditto Docherty for what it’s worth.
If he keeps up his current form, maybe Gerrard and his team will give the idea that he simply isn’t good enough another thought.

I think Dykes maybe has a bit more to offer than Kamberi, but he seems a reasonable squad player so far. Can’t see him being a starter though really.

Would still like to see Doc be a success with us.

Kamberi has done well so far and would have no issues with him being 3rd choice striker

I’m not convinced!!
I think we would get more from down south for Doc and if we wanted to buy FK it would only take £300 or £400k
Decide at the end of the season
Docs value is the thing- i mean based on his perfomances in league one last year, ten goals, ten assist, poty at the club- surely thats 7 figures? I dunno but theres a cynical argument to say that even if gerrard doesnt fancy him, %^*& hiibs, get him on loan down south for another six months to bump up his value. Other side of that is , everyone at rangers is always really positive about docs attitude, so if hes done alright by us we should do alright by him.

Doc certainly isn't at the level to start in the Rangers midfield at the moment, but I've not given up on him yet.

Agree about Kamberi. Quite a few Hibs fans I know said he was brilliant when he first signed for them on loan but after making his move permanent, his form and work rate dropped considerably to the point where most weren't bothered when it was announced he was leaving.
I'm hoping that wouldn't happen with us but he'll need to adapt to our winning mentality if he's got a chance of staying.

Considering they have basically said he'll never be welcome at Hibs again, I don't think it would cost much to bring him in. I'd keep Doc. He's been one of the best players in the league in the same period when our midfield has collapsed.

Unlike their self-loathing neighbours, lots of praise for our result and Kamberis performance from Hibs fans tonight, it's almost like they want something from us?

I think Dykes maybe has a bit more to offer than Kamberi, but he seems a reasonable squad player so far. Can’t see him being a starter though really.

BUT ! , we have the opportunity of truly assessing him ( FK ) between now and season end without any commitment - surely a win win situation !

I'm sure Gerrard says to be reviewed again in the summer and I hope he does. Doc is certainly better than Hibs though, if he can't break into our team then I hope he goes and makes a cracking career for himself down south.

He is a good lad and the ultimate professional

Doc is worth more than Kamberi.
I don't think there's doubt about that, we'll be able to sell Doc (if it comes to that) for more than hibs scum can afford. That's why having him play for that shower of shite is good for us, league 1 sides will be able to pay more.

p.s. %^*& hibs

I'm sure Gerrard says to be reviewed again in the summer and I hope he does. Doc is certainly better than Hibs though, if he can't break into our team then I hope he goes and makes a cracking career for himself down south.

He is a good lad and the ultimate professional

Certainly is mate.

I went down to Shrewsbury a couple of times last season to see him play when Rangers weren't playing.

I met him and his dad and he is a cracking lad.

Played very well too, but English League 1 standard is pretty poor.

Hibs would murder Shrewsbury.

Why would we do a deal and lose on it, I hope these days are well in the past

If we agree a swap deal i'd be looking for a 40% sell on clause for Doc

Kamberi's attitude is first class so far ... and he offers us something a wee bit different

In all honesty, I’m gutted he chose that rancid club to go to. He could have got a bigger side in the bottom half of the english championship surely. If he can do something against the papes then fair enough.

as for permanent transfer, they couldn’t afford him.

1) He needs to put a shift in and prove he’s worthy of playing for Rangers over the long term. That means getting it spot on when we rely upon him between now and the end of the season. He’s done ok so far, but it’s been a couple of games, and we shouldn’t be shooting our load because someone has done ok in a couple of games.

2) The Gaffer and Ross Wilson really need to (and I’m sure they are) work on all options for the forward line next season. That could be with or without Morelos. That could involve better targets than Kamberi.

I like most people have been impressed with Kamberi early on - but this is absolutely spot on ^

Totally spot on mate.

I do think the signs are promising but there shouldn't be a decision made at this stage - let's see how he gets on between now and the end of the season.

As for exchanging Docherty for Kamberi - no thank you.

Our midfield is getting on a bit - Davis 35, Arfield 31, Jack 28; I get that players have longer careers these days but I still think Docherty is capable of breaking into the team.

Too early to tell?

Kamberi is a third choice striker right now and as a third choice striker he's good enough. Last night he was shown up with the amount of times he was caught offside some of it was just blatant and he wasn't even caught in the offside trap. Fair enough they played a high line but noone else was being caught offside as much as him and to me that tells me a lot - he's simply not good enough and doesn't have the "football brain" to become a proper striker for us.

Sorry but someone who's been playing professionally a number of years & played at the level he did there's simply no reason at all for him to be caught that much. I'd expect that from 10 year olds kicking about a park who don't really understand the offside rule not someone who's played at that level FFS.

But as I said, he's a third choice striker and we could do so much worse, but for all we know next season we could bring in Vydra and have Morelos, Vryda, Defoe and Kamberi. In that position I'm not sure I'd keep Kamberi.

Back