Kamberi for Docherty-Swap deal

We will just buy Kamberi and I think we should, they can't afford Docherty so we take him back and give him another go or sell him on to a team in Championship.
But Hivs will be difficult to deal with, you can bet on it!

Kamberi has been amazing for us since he came in the door, every game he has came on, he's offered us something different, and I think that's what we've been missing. Right enough though, he's the type of player that will end up becoming a scapegoat for the Moaning Loyal.

Too early to tell?

Kamberi is a third choice striker right now and as a third choice striker he's good enough. Last night he was shown up with the amount of times he was caught offside some of it was just blatant and he wasn't even caught in the offside trap. Fair enough they played a high line but noone else was being caught offside as much as him and to me that tells me a lot - he's simply not good enough and doesn't have the "football brain" to become a proper striker for us.

Sorry but someone who's been playing professionally a number of years & played at the level he did there's simply no reason at all for him to be caught that much. I'd expect that from 10 year olds kicking about a park who don't really understand the offside rule not someone who's played at that level FFS.

But as I said, he's a third choice striker and we could do so much worse, but for all we know next season we could bring in Vydra and have Morelos, Vryda, Defoe and Kamberi. In that position I'm not sure I'd keep Kamberi.

What a strange summation of Kamberi's performances so far.

He's looked the part on all occasions he's been on the park. You think it's easy to go from Hibs bench to playing against a top team in Portugal?

The boy has so far stepped up to the plate.

What a strange summation of Kamberi's performances so far.

He's looked the part on all occasions he's been on the park. You think it's easy to go from Hibs bench to playing against a top team in Portugal?

The boy has so far stepped up to the plate.
There's one thing being 'caught out' playing a top side

And another being caught ofside.. 100x a game. No matter who your playing against the offside rule is the same and it's not particularly hard to stick to.

And another being caught ofside.. 100x a game. No matter who your playing against the offside rule is the same and it's not particularly hard to stick to.

He wasn't caught out - and neither was he off-side 100 times. He contributed to a famous European away win.

You seem in a bad mood.

He wasn't caught out - and neither was he off-side 100 times. He contributed to a famous European away win.

You seem in a bad mood.
Never said he was caught out. Going from Hibs to playing Braga has no excuse for being caught offside as many times as he has.

Sorry lost count after the first 20 times. regardless the point is the same.

Not in any mood?

A 100 times!! I've told you a million times don't...

We should be making it as difficuilt as possible for Hibs to buy any Rangers players not putting one on the plate for them.

Also, although I have been impressed with Kamberi lets just calm down a bit in the buy him etc, lets give him the full loan deal to show what he can do, Cummings time at us should be a lesson.

Docherty might not be the finished article for us right now, but if we were to let him go (transfer or swap) I can see us regretting it when he develops and reaches his potential

On the 'potential' side of things - Doc is by far the superior of the two in my opinion - not that they're comparable in any other ways - or that 'potential' always turns out successful

Without wishing to be too negative - I'm still unconvinced of Kamberi - I agree we need / could use, someone of his stature / style of play - but I just don't think he's a great option & would expect other younger, better, hungrier, more skilful alternatives to come available in the next window

So - to loose Doc - simply to gain Kamberi would be a travesty imo

Last edited:
He’s got a year left in the summer. It won’t take much to get him I’d think, if he impresses during the remainder of his stay.
If we want and can't agree a fee with Hibs all Kamberi has do do is wait till Christmas and sign a pre contract. Let's just see how he does the rest of the season.

I have been impressed with kamberi he looks to want to wear the skirt and looks to be enjoying football with us.
we have him to the end of season and if he continues well he would be worth a deal. More surprised Hibs someone like that on the bench.

Being a Rangers fan seems to make Docherty a far better player than he actually is in the eyes of a lot of fans.

He is not good enough, would much rather take Kamberi if he keeps up his good start.

I'm afraid I don't actually 'see it' with Kamberi

Sure he's providing a much different option up front than we have - but that's because of his stature & style of play - not (imo) because he's a great example of that type of player

Now I know getting someone in the open market is not without risks or costing big bucks - but I still think it's relatively easy to acquire somebody better than him

I'd keep FK as I think he can be handy to us especially domestically. If we can use him as a 3rd striker or when we have injuries and or need a late goal I think he'd be good. That third striker is hard to fill because of the limited opportunities.
Last night his work rate and physicality were good but he lacked that bit of quality (maybe a confidence/pressure thing) when he had chances.
In that role i think he'd still get to play 20 games a season which from what he has been saying he'd be happy about as long as he gets to stay.

We could get Kamberi for a few hundred thou, Docherty would command a £1m+ fee for English suitors

Doc will have suitors in England or can come back and do a job for us.

Hibs won’t accept Kamberi back into their team after playing for us and his talk when signing for us. He will be sold. I doubt there will be teams queueing up to sign him. If we play it out we could easily get him for £500k.

Too early to tell?

Kamberi is a third choice striker right now and as a third choice striker he's good enough. Last night he was shown up with the amount of times he was caught offside some of it was just blatant and he wasn't even caught in the offside trap. Fair enough they played a high line but noone else was being caught offside as much as him and to me that tells me a lot - he's simply not good enough and doesn't have the "football brain" to become a proper striker for us.

Sorry but someone who's been playing professionally a number of years & played at the level he did there's simply no reason at all for him to be caught that much. I'd expect that from 10 year olds kicking about a park who don't really understand the offside rule not someone who's played at that level FFS.

But as I said, he's a third choice striker and we could do so much worse, but for all we know next season we could bring in Vydra and have Morelos, Vryda, Defoe and Kamberi. In that position I'm not sure I'd keep Kamberi.
The offsides were poor. The old "give him a yard" advice would've worked last night.

If Doc continues his early good form there will be a few sides looking at him. Can't see him at Hibs next season.

Early days for Kamberi, but so far looks a good signing. He's burnt his bridges at Hibs, they'll be looking to move him on

I would extend Docherty’s contract at Rangers, give him a full season at Hibs on loan then either bring him in to replace Davis if he progresses, or sell.

I don't see Kamberi as an out and out centre forward. His runs off the ball were often wrong, and I don't just mean the offside ones. A few times he ran into the same channel as another player, other times in the box he could have read where the ball was going and was too late arriving. I don't think he would pose anywhere near the same threat as Morelos in a lone striker role.

On the other hand, he is good back up for our other two forwards. He offers something different. He has physicality, speed, and determination.

In home games against stubborn defensive opposition, he would help create space for others and also carries a creditable goal threat. Him and Morelos in the same team would give defences more to think about.

He strengthens the squad, so I am happy to get him on board.

The finish against st johnstone tells you the materials are there. In a good team Kamberi could definitely flourish. Hopefully he keeps decent form till season end.

Back