Kamberi leaving St Gallen already

Not good enough player is not good enough at next team he goes to. Thanks for Braga, but he wasn’t improving us if he stayed

I don’t believe anyone would suggest that..... well it is FF.
I actually don’t think even that would have been posted on FF :))

Although people did want us to keep him despite him being bang average for us in his admittedly limited game time.

Has all the attributes to be a great striker but isn’t able to piece it together.

He was fairly useful for us as it allowed us to play a natural no. 9 in one of the wide positions which gave us extra physicality and goal threat in the front three which is needed in certain league games. Roofe has came in and played this role to a much higher standard for us recently.

Reactions: TQ3
Thought he was decent, and wish him well for the future. He clearly appreciated playing for us.

However he's a couple of notches below the quality of Roofe and Defoe, and the potential of Itten. So the correct decision that we didnt sign him.

Kamberi was an absolute bang-average jobber SPL striker.
Never Rangers class in a million years- he was only brought in to fill a gap because we were really light up front.
Can’t believe folk wanted us to keep him.
Kamberi or itten, or Roofe? :p

He’s well below the standard we need, striking options this year have proven that. He’s not better than any of the attacking options we have in the squad currently. And some of them need replaced as well.

Was a bit disappointed when we didn't keep him. However the summer recruits have proven it the correct decision.
I can relate to this, I had high hopes for the lad but like you say our signings put my worries to bed.

Not saying he would ever be good enough for us but it is worth remembering he came in during the 2nd half of the season when our form when off a cliff. I thought he had something about him but let’s be honest St Gallen isn’t Real Madrid and he’s been punted from them too

I actually don’t think even that would have been posted on FF :))

Although people did want us to keep him despite him being bang average for us in his admittedly limited game time.
People said they would have wanted to keep him before the start of the season when it looked like Morelos was going to be sold, Defoe was injured and we had let our only other striker (who would have cost buttons) go. After Morelos stayed and Roofe and Itten were signed I haven’t seen a single poster saying they would have kept him ahead of any of our other 4 strikers.

Kamberi had a bit of aggression and presence about him, but didn’t really have the skill level to match. Fair play to him though, as he gave what he had when he stepped on the pitch. Wish him luck at whatever club suits his level

I took pelters on here for saying I didn’t want us to sign either Dykes or Kamberi last January. I’d rather have sat tight than make these moves. A few posters felt that was akin to throwing the league away.

In hindsight although he tried hard, I still don’t think Kamberi was a good signing. Whilst Dykes has come on massively and much better than the jobber I had him down for, I just don’t think he’d work well in our system and would have been been a bad signing. We don’t play with an out and out target man.

Much happier with the eventual quality of Roofe and Itten, granted it cost us circa £8m for them vs maybe £4m for Dykes and Kamberi.

I didn’t want to sign him but he did well in a Rangers team performing very poorly post-January.

He was pish

Rangers fans were that desperate for a good signing we talked up players like this when we really shouldn’t have

Was it Braga away when he got caught offside about 30 times when Braga defence were standing on the half way line

Not good enough player is not good enough at next team he goes to. Thanks for Braga, but he wasn’t improving us if he stayed
He's not good enough for a mid table swiss team, so he's going to either a team sitting one point off the top of Bundesliga 2 or one of a host of english championship teams? Some logic there.

He's not good enough for a mid table swiss team, so he's going to either a team sitting one point off the top of Bundesliga 2 or one of a host of english championship teams? Some logic there.
He’s off to play in the lower divisions of other leagues after half a season. Clubs don’t let good players go after half a season on loan. Let’s see where he ends up, won’t be a team Flying

Loved his time with us and thinks if the season didn't get brought to a stop he would have won himself a deal. Was happy to play for very little but Gerrard told him.he had more respect for him than that and to go play every week.

I didn't rate him & to be honest couldn't see what others saw in him
I dare say he could do a job for someone though - obviously not St. Gallen

He could easily turn up back in the SPHell
I can see him at a number of clubs - just hopefully not us

Back