Kamberi

I’d take him as a third choice, good in the league when the standard plan isn’t working. His attitude was spot on aswell.

Story is up on the Record page, can't be bothered c+p.

Basically saying we don't know the situation re Kamberi for possible Europa game v Bayer.

As 4lads said, conjecture and guessing.

I certainly don't think Defoe is the best option in every game and I certainly don't want him as our number 1 striker.

However, I feel there are better options for us rather than Kamberi within that price range mate.

That’s the bottom line.

This lay-off will have done Defoe no good at all, we can’t hide from time and he’s getting older as much as we want to avoid it. He’s a bench player, whether that’s second or third striker who knows.

I like Kamberi, but if there’s a better option within the same price bracket, we’ve got to go for that. We need to strive for improvement constantly in all areas of the club.

I think he is worth keeping, showed flashes of brilliance and had a great attitude in my opinion.

Take him on a loan, cover his wages and give the boy a once in a lifetime chance to grab a permanent deal and be a hero. %^*& funding HIVs with cash unless we can use a straight swap with either Barker or Stewart

Defoe should be the third choice

If he continues to score at a rate of more goals than matches played in the league, he will still play a huge part mate.

Remember he outscored Alfredo in the league, even though he played less matches than him.

Nobody in their right mind just automatically discards those stats and makes him an automatic 3rd striker.

Horses for courses and Kamberi doesn't score enough goals to be one of those horses imo.

They all play in a different position to him They are wingers he is a striker!!!!

We don’t play with wingers, and whenever Kamberi played, it was as a direct alternative to Jones or Barker.

If he continues to score at a rate of more goals than matches played in the league, he will still play a huge part mate.

Remember he outscored Alfredo in the league, even though he played less matches than him.

Nobody in their right mind just automatically discards those stats and makes him an automatic 3rd striker.

Horses for courses and Kamberi doesn't score enough goals to be one of those horses imo.
Agreed. Would rather bring in a guy good in the air but not a donkey on the ground for a different option against physical teams we can’t break down.

That night he was like the guy in your school football team that didn't understand the offside rule.

I thought he did well over in Braga - yes he was getting caught offside a lot but was as much to do with timing of the run and the pass and given that was his first start with us I think, it was understandable, even if it did frustrate. It gave us an out ball and he was a different kind of threat that their defence had to be mindful of.

I’m a fan of Kamberi, I’d like us to keep him as an option. I think he’d jump at the opportunity as an impact off the bench striker and do quite well at it especially when teams are tiring in the last 20 mins or so.

That night he was like the guy in your school football team that didn't understand the offside rule.

I genuinely think a lot of fans couldn’t read the tactics that night.

Braga’s line was ridiculously high and Kamberi had clearly been told to sit on the shoulder and try and break it.

If he gets caught offside 15 times but gets through once and scores, it’s absolutely worth it. Kent’s goal is a prime example of how high they were playing.

I like Kamberi as a back up and think he's done ok in his few appearances but am I right in saying he was only bought because Defoe got injured and we had just a week of the January transfer window left and looking about, he was the best option that ticked all the requirements in terms of availability, cost and knowing the league?

Given another 6 months since then, I would hope our scouting dept could identify a better option as a back up/supporting striker so unless we could get him for a relatively low wage and transfer fee (say £4k/week and £250k which I doubt is achievable) then I'd say thanks but no. We can do better.
I think we need a strong second eleven so we can replace like for like,so if we take off Alfie,there should be just as good a forward coming on. I don't think we have the right strength in depth which probably would've made a difference to our push.

i'd keep him of a decent standard and gives us options, if after Hagi we're spending decent money it has to be on a midfield player that can dictate games

If Defoe has a part to play then the system has to change. He should be third choice with Morelos/a replacement and some one like Vydra fighting it out.

Back