Kamberi?

3:10 - tremendous finish
4:49 - great dummy and assist
5:31 - comes deep and a superb first time ball to Morelos

Another day when we struggled to break a team down. The game changed completely when he came on, we were comfortably on our way to getting a third until we took Morelos off and brought on another man into midfield.

I don't think he's an out and out striker, but he's a very decent option when we need to change things. There's another excellent finish by him not in the highlights because of a foul if I recall, bear in mind that he had only been at the club for about three weeks at this point and we looked a different team when he came on.

I don't think we can just write this guy off.

3:10 - tremendous finish
4:49 - great dummy and assist
5:31 - comes deep and a superb first time ball to Morelos

Another day when we struggled to break a team down. The game changed completely when he came on, we were comfortably on our way to getting a third until we took Morelos off and brought on another man into midfield.

I don't think he's an out and out striker, but he's a very decent option when we need to change things. There's another excellent finish by him not in the highlights because of a foul if I recall, bear in mind that he had only been at the club for about three weeks at this point and we looked a different team when he came on.

I don't think we can just write this guy off.
He was absolutely superb this day

was so annoying when we went 2-1 up and changed formation again

It appears we have other options.

Kamberi was fine, but he was a stopgap when the Vydra fell through.

We'll be looking at our shortlisted targets.

Kamberi made a big deal of getting a loan to Rangers and wanted to prove himself. I would take him on the basis he played well and has the ability to beat the "low block" tactics seen in the league. Plus a deal with the Hobos shouldn't be too hard with the options on the table (Docherty).

He offered us something a bit different when he came off the bench, ultimately I don't think he would score enough goals though.

I liked the guy and McCoist thought he had a lot of development potential in him. He offered the ability to widen the game as the wee teams found that we struggled when the team did not have space to play our game.

I get the feeling the club are trying to flush out other bidders and see the lay of the land. No point in paying stupid money if no-one else is serious about him. If someone else is stupid enough to pay into 6 figures for him then good luck to the guy. If not lets have him he is good enough to open the wee teams up in-between the Euro games.

We need 4 strikers imo.
If 2 of them are Defoe and Mebude then that's fine, otherwise it would be way too much.

Just a hypothetical if Morelos leaves, we'd be a far stronger squad if we brought in Weissman and Grbic to compete for the starting spot with the other 2 filling in when needed

If 2 of them are Defoe and Mebude then that's fine, otherwise it would be way too much.

Just a hypothetical if Morelos leaves, we'd be a far stronger squad if we brought in Weissman and Grbic to compete for the starting spot with the other 2 filling in when needed
We need 4 imo. Look what happened when Morelos was out after the break. Defoe can't handle the workload and Kamberi was not the answer.
4 required.

Weissman would be a dream replacement for Morelos but I don’t think we’d be able to get Gribic as well as it’d cost far too much imo. I’d imagine that we’d spend a maximum of £8m on a Morelos replacement and would look for someone like a Vydra who has proven his quality in the past but is out of favour on so would be available on a loan (out of contract next summer so no need for an obligation to buy) so we can spread funds a bit more.

I think if we move for Kamberi it would be later in the window. He has pretty much burned his bridges with the club after that interview so by holding off on any approach it may make them easier to deal with.

Weissman would be a dream replacement for Morelos but I don’t think we’d be able to get Gribic as well as it’d cost far too much imo. I’d imagine that we’d spend a maximum of £8m on a Morelos replacement and would look for someone like a Vydra who has proven his quality in the past but is out of favour on so would be available on a loan (out of contract next summer so no need for an obligation to buy) so we can spread funds a bit more.
I really hope we avoid Vydra now, it made sense before but we won't get him unless we buy him outright now.

He's never been a prolific striker, most of his good work has been as a 10 or false 9

I really hope we avoid Vydra now, it made sense before but we won't get him unless we buy him outright now.

He's never been a prolific striker, most of his good work has been as a 10 or false 9
I didn’t necessarily mean Vydra but I used him as an example of someone who’s proved his quality before but is out of favour now. I do disagree that we wouldn’t be able to get him on loan, I’d imagine Burnley would be quite happy getting at least a portion of his wages off the books in the current climate

Gribic has scored 33 goals in 111 appearances hardly prolific either and he’s been playing at a lower level throughout his career.

Gribic has scored 33 goals in 111 appearances hardly prolific either and he’s been playing at a lower level throughout his career.
Grbic is 23 and just had a really good season, loads of room for development.

Vydra has already peaked and has been inconsistent for his whole career.

I have to say that he made a positive impact in most of the games he was involved in, I was quite impressed with him.
The lockdown probably put paid to his chances of staying though.

I wouldn’t be against signing Kamberi permanently as long as he’s not the Morelos replacement should Alfie leave us.

Obviously Hibs would be difficult to deal with regarding a selling price though.

Here’s hoping Ross Wilson has identified someone better than Kamberi so we don’t need to worry about this.

If we take kamberi, I’d still want to get another striker . Defoe can’t play every game at his age and no idea what Alfie we are going to get or if he’s away this window.

The guy couldn't have done much more in his short time here, changed the game everytime he came off the bench for us, a decent 3rd choice striker.
I agree...before football was halted I was saying he should play before El Buf. I think he would be a very useful player to have about & he definitely has more pace than I thought. He also knows the league well so settling in time is not needed...he can also play anywhere across the front 3. Sign him if price is right.

I like him and I think he would be a good addition as a squad player , however I don't want Rangers to be filling the coffers of those over exuberant , trainspotting c*nts !

in the present state of football we wont be spending millions on many if any and I think alfredo will stay until the virus limitations blow over I think

I keep seeing were signing kamberi but i honestly feel we will need a better standard of player. Am i the only one that thinks this?
I agree. I think he’d be fine as a 4th striker, but having both him and Stewart in the squad doesn’t fill me with confidence. If both Alfie and Defoe are fit and firing then it’s not too much of a problem, but if they both go down like they did last season, or if even one of them is hurt, it doesn’t leave us great back up options. I’m content to have either Stewart or Kamberi in the squad, but not both.

However, my focus right now would be on getting an agressive ball winning central midfielder. Someone with a bit of fire in his belly who will gee-up those around him. Preferably a veteran EPL/Championship midfielder who is a proven leader and hungry for some silverware. If we could pick up someone like this for around £5 million i think that would be a great investment.

Has impressed me, I’d give him a chance. Don’t reckon Defoe has much left in him and to be honest I’d rather Kamberi next season.

He never really impressed me that much. Granted he never got a lot of game time and did show in flashes what he’s capable of. Certainly wouldn’t be confident with him as main striker though.

He would be a last minute signing for us if we failed to get our main targets in.
He would definitely do a job.

I think Defoe should be our third striker he has lost that little busrt of speed over the first 5 yards he is getting on a bit plus no football since March he will be rusty need time like when him and Davis signed.

We need a really good first/second striker someone who could replace morelos with no loss in quality if morelos is injured or suspended or has one of his goal droughts

Back