Kameberi Latest

Would like to see him back and in a side performing better than we were after Christmas. Bit unfair to judge him on the teams poor form. Everybody was off it.

Would like to see him back and in a side performing better than we were after Christmas. Bit unfair to judge him on the teams poor form. Everybody was off it.
Good players will still shine through.

See Defoe, 3 goals in 4 2020 games
Hagi, don't need to explain this

If he was good enough you would know that by now, not "can we see him when the rest of the team are able to carry him?". Hagi didn't need the rest of the team to carry him and he earned his place. Will Hagi be better when the rest of the team is on song ? Sure, but you can't deny the quality we seen from him. You can deny the quality we seen from Kamberi because it was non existent.

The only way this makes sense for me is if he is on a free transfer and on a low basic wage with the rest of his salary made up on appearance / win bonuses. Highly unlikely he or his agent would accept these terms I realise but otherwise not for me..

We're not spending millions on a third choice striker. It's Kamberi or someone of a similar ability or nothing at all.
How do you know this mate?
If we sell Morelos we can easily bring in 2 top class forwards.

How do you know this mate?
If we sell Morelos we can easily bring in 2 top class forwards.

If Morelos goes I reckon we'd sign his replacement and strengthen other areas of the pitch. Can't see us signing two first team quality out-and-out strikers unless we change formation.

Kamberi doesn't want to come on loan again:

Florian Kamberi is set to knock back the opportunity to rejoin Rangers on a loan deal - and will only move back to Ibrox permanently, according to reports.

The Glasgow side have offered Hibernian a repeat of the January loan swap that saw midfielder Greg Docherty move the other way.

The Swiss-born forward has been persona non grata at Easter Road since making controversial comments over a “dream” temporary transfer to Ibrox during the winter window.

He has since returned to training with Jack Ross' side, with the Hibs boss conceding talks had taken place between player and club to resolve his long term future had taken place.

It was understood that he could move back along the M8 until the end of the 2020/21 campaign, with popular midfielder Docherty heading to the men in green and white.

But Kamberi is reportedly not interested in heading out on loan again and only wants a permanent move away from the Easter Road side.

The forward's contract expires at the end of next season and, according to the Daily Record , Kamberi sees 'no point' in temporarily moving away from Leith for the duration.

Kamberi doesn't want to come on loan again:

Florian Kamberi is set to knock back the opportunity to rejoin Rangers on a loan deal - and will only move back to Ibrox permanently, according to reports.

Interesting. I can understand a player wanting the stability of a permanent move. On the other hand, what a opportunity to justify a move.

heard from the guy that prints the names on hibs strips that kamberi is being printed on them.
take from that what you will.
That he is their player until any transfer is done and they will use him accordingly since they no longer have McNulty?

Has he really proven he can have an impact in the league? He scored 1 goal in 6 appearance for us and 11 in 53 at Hibs. I dont care if hes a free, he isnt good enough.

He isnt quick, predominately played as part of a 2 in his career. He can't beat a man nor is he particularly skillful. Hes a bog standard player and we've learned that it wont cut it.

I'm not arguing that he is a prolific striker. But he has shown that he can offer something a bit different when he comes on and has scored goals. That's all you really can ask for from a 3rd choice striker.

We aren't in a position to go out and spend 1-2mil on someone who will sit on the bench behind Morelos and Defoe. Even spending 1-2 mil there's no guarantee that he would do any better.

When did we begin to sign "squad players"? I'd rather we signed every player with the intention of them starting. I'm struggling to understand the concept of a third choice striker.

I would think (or hope) that before spending 100K to sign someone who might be considered only a 3rd choice in the Rangers pecking order for strikers, that a place could be found for one of the top prospects from the youth development squad. At some point we either give opportunities to the younger guys or just admidt that spending money and resources on a youth academy simply doesn't work for Rangers. Our track record in this regard is abysmal.

I'd had hoped we wouldn't be bringing him back in.

In all honesty Defoe should be our 3rd choice striker. I love Defoe, he can finish and is a great impact player but shouldnt be starting games unless necessary.

I'd had hoped we wouldn't be bringing him back in.

In all honesty Defoe should be our 3rd choice striker. I love Defoe, he can finish and is a great impact player but shouldnt be starting games unless necessary.
Agreed and therefore Kamberi is not good enough for 2nd choice.

I would think (or hope) that before spending 100K to sign someone who might be considered only a 3rd choice in the Rangers pecking order for strikers, that a place could be found for one of the top prospects from the youth development squad. At some point we either give opportunities to the younger guys or just admidt that spending money and resources on a youth academy simply doesn't work for Rangers. Our track record in this regard is abysmal.
Whats the f point sending The Doc back out on loan. The manager quite clearly doesn't fancy him.
Sell him get some money in and stop wasting the boys career.

It won't be a big fee, so it's a yes from me.
He looked decent any time he played for us and would give us a different dimension to attack if required.

For £100k it’s an easy decision for me. A low cost squad option who has shown he has what it takes to contribute.
Offered far More Than Greg Stewart, Barker and Jones put together !!! Not going to be a starter every game BUT money is still tight will every club so would be a welcome addition.

Offered far More Than Greg Stewart, Barker and Jones put together !!! Not going to be a starter every game BUT money is still tight will every club so would be a welcome addition.

Don't agree he done more than Stewart but definitely more than Barker and Jones.

I would definitely sign him for £100k or so.

Sign him as 3rd choice striker then get a RW that can improve the team.

If 100k then it’s a no-brainer. Knows the league and will give it his all. Wouldn’t get into a tug of war for him though. Would do a good job as a third striker.

Edgar was talking today about a loan swap for Docherty. If its true Gerrard doesn't fancy young Greg then that might not be a bad deal if wages are comparable.

Don't agree he done more than Stewart but definitely more than Barker and Jones.

I would definitely sign him for £100k or so.

Disagree about Stewart too. Played well when called upon and was a bit unlucky not to feature more imo.

Good signing if another second place finish is the height of our ambitions. Otherwise we’ll need better...

We should offer Hibs a bag of pick n mix and a 10 quids worth of M&S vouchers anyway

Use the Polster money and get him signed
It will all come down to what happens to Alfredo if a fit focused motivated Alfie wants to stay at Rangers then whoever they sign will probably be third choice Kamberi could fit that role . The English FA at the moment haven’t yet decided when their transfer window will open Scottish football could be a month into the season before England’s TW opens if so and Alfie starts the season scoring goals for fun then this will attract EPL teams the problem this then creates is if Alfie gets sold for a decent fee whoever Rangers sign to replace him will need to come straight into the first team

Back