Karl-Heinz Rummenigge: ‘My best goal ever was against Rangers in the UEFA Cup but it was disallowed’

The goal is at 2:40 in this video:
Ever heard of dangerous play you stupid k---t!
Horrible individual.
Always was an arrogant prick.
On the field and off.

Was it not his idea as Bayern President or such...that only the super duper teams, (in his opinion) form their own CL format
Making it almost impossible for us and them to qualify now for the group stages as being winner in our own country.

Karl Heinz Dickhead.
Best forgotten about.

Horrible individual.
On the field and off.

Was it not his idea as Bayern President or such...that only the super duper teams, (in his opinion) form their own CL format
Making it almost impossible for us and them to qualify now for the group stages as being winner in our own country.

Karl Heinz Dickhead.
Best forgotten about.
Almost unbelievably, his brother even more so.

Almost unbelievably, his brother even more so.
This was idea in 2016.

'Some, including Rummenigge, himself, have advocated founding a European Superleague in which the elite clubs of Europe would compete exclusively among themselves. The accomplishments of the reforms touted by UEFA, and the ECA, however, seem to indicate that their immediate goal was to prevent the emergence of an exclusive Superleague'

Now I believe in 2021 he has another idea, which rest assured will never help us.
The rich, keep getting richer, at the expense of the poor clubs, like us, that are never supposed get anywhere near the CL Group stages.

Last edited:
I read a story about Michael Rummenigge a number of decades back when he was asked to justify his exorbitant salary (this would have thirty years plus ago so imagine what the interviewer’s attitude would be today) when compared to doctors and nurses.
MR‘s reply was along the lines of “you could train me to be a doctor in five years but you could never train a doctor to do what I can do.”

I read a story about Michael Rummenigge a number of decades back when he was asked to justify his exorbitant salary (this would have thirty years plus ago so imagine what the interviewer’s attitude would be today) when compared to doctors and nurses.
MR‘s reply was along the lines of “you could train me to be a doctor in five years but you could never train a doctor to do what I can do.”
Your right.
Another arrogant prick!

Must run in the family
1dymusnyvig21.jpg

Last edited:
Such a slow pace to play a game.
It's an argument that's been done to death but there is no doubt a decent side today beats any team from that generation simply due to fitness and physical attributes.

Excellent finish mind you. It's incredible the amount of times we concede great goals.

Reactions: TN8
Horrible individual.
On the field and off.

Karl Heinz Dickhead.
Best forgotten about.
Dangerous play %^*& sake.

He has a spectacular shot at Ibrox in the second leg and it hit the bar.one if the hardest shots I have ever seen.the crossbar was almost snapped in two.

Remember that goal well was right behind it in the San siro .big mcloy went down as if he had been kicked in the head ...always it was 1 of the best goals I'd ever seen ...what a trip that was 5 days return on a bus with the linn o dee from Rutherglen

Horrible individual.
On the field and off.

Karl Heinz Dickhead.
Best forgotten about.
Did he pump your missus or something?

This was idea in 2016.

'Some, including Rummenigge, himself, have advocated founding a European Superleague in which the elite clubs of Europe would compete exclusively among themselves. The accomplishments of the reforms touted by UEFA, and the ECA, however, seem to indicate that their immediate goal was to prevent the emergence of an exclusive Superleague'

Now I believe in 2021 he has another idea, which rest assured will never help us.
The rich, keep getting richer, at the expense of the poor clubs, like us, that are never supposed get anywhere near the CL Group stages.

A similar situation to the one we have in Scotland. The 'rich' clubs get richer and the "diddies" get poorer. Its self defeating as it destroys competition and sport isnt worth watching without competition.

How long before people wake up to what's going on?

I looked him up some time ago, and what a very good footballer. The best of his time?

It's an argument that's been done to death but there is no doubt a decent side today beats any team from that generation simply due to fitness and physical attributes.

Excellent finish mind you. It's incredible the amount of times we concede great goals.
This is what I say also.

Not just the fitness (which is miles ahead of what it used to be) tactically its another level also.

The amount of data analysis that goes on and the amount of prep into tactics is way ahead hat it used to be.

It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest in the current scotland squad would beat the 70's Brazil team. the tempo modern player play at is just another level from back then

Ian Ferguson scored a cracking goal that night.
He did to make it 2-1 and the wee bit of frustrating I had was it was scored just a couple of minutes after inter had equalized and I just thought if we had gone two up in the first half,we had a brilliant chance to knock inter out.as we had knocked them right out of their stride.liam Brady took his life in his hands whenever he got close to the east enclosure that night:))

Highlights of the return leg.

I know we didn't make it through but i will never, ever forget that night.

It has always stuck in my mind.

Atmosphere - probably only about 30,000 of us - was immense. Proper old skool, raw noise.

Highlights of the return leg.

I know we didn't make it through but i will never, ever forget that night.

It has always stuck in my mind.

Atmosphere - probably only about 30,000 of us - was immense. Proper old skool, raw noise.

Not watched it yet, I was there, seemed a decent crowd, we had a great start with skippy till altobelli spoilt it , Liam Brady getting pelters , big mclelland playing as a no.9 ,, great game had everything

In the top 3 of European games at Ibrox in the past 40 years imo.
Strangely with one of our poorest sides of those 40 years. Essentially we just rolled up our sleeves and got wired in with our few talented players really contributing.

I remember Super missing a sitter header in that game.
I think
You wouldn’t know from that YouTube video, makes it look like Rangers never got out of their own half!

At least I’ve now found out where Sportscene got their highlights editing technique from :D

The editing of the first leg left a lot to be desired.

Did we manage to get out of our half that night, a typical old style back to the walls away European performance.

Strangely with one of our poorest sides of those 40 years. Essentially we just rolled up our sleeves and got wired in with our few talented players really contributing.
They had Karl Heinz / brady and italy had won the world cup only 2 years previously .

Back