Katic and Edmundson against the defensive sides?

Albertz_Was_King

They both look comfortable with the ball, can play a diagonal and they both Attack the space really well.

That’s how you break teams down by being aggressive in the first phase of the play.

It’s what the best attacking sides do against a low block.

Goldson is a great defender and will rack up more games than most this season probably but these two against the sides who have no intention to attack will be useful.

They both look comfortable with the ball, can play a diagonal and they both Attack the space really well.

That’s how you break teams down by being aggressive in the first phase of the play.

Goldson is a great defender and will rack up more games than most this season probably but these two against the sides who have no intention to attack will be useful.
insightful and very true we need to be quicker out of our own backline cant give the 10 man defence time to establish their lines

Long balls aren’t what you use to break down a defensive side though. Whole point of a low block is to keep a compact, organised defensive unit.

Centre backs who can move forward with the ball and commit the opposition players is what you need. Hope out next centre back target can do that.

Both played well today but we need to remember the standard of opposition. Goodson shouldn’t be guaranteed to start every week this season unless he’s playing well.

The magnificent bastard will be pishing himself at your patter - low block indeed

I don't think they looked comfortable together really but it will take time was impressed with Edmundson passing tho looks like he can develop into a useful option for us

The magnificent bastard couldn't adapt to modern football and it passed him by as a manager.

Right you are. Cause a female pundit was the first to use it it’s now an accepted terminology within the game.

It only passed him by cause he refused to namby pamby to the permanently offended brigade

Right you are. Cause a female pundit was the first to use it it’s now an accepted terminology within the game.

It only passed him by cause he refused to namby pamby to the permanently offended brigade

%^*& sake man, grow up. It's just a commonly used term. You telling me Gerrard who uses it often, is doing so as some "handwringing leftie virtue signalling pish" ? Give me a break

Ummm. She wasn't the first to use it. It's been a common coaching term for years. Used by players, coaches and other pundits in interviews.

Don't blame us women for his, or anyone else's, lack of understanding.

Edmundson looked better than I had hoped today. Very comfortable on the ball and a great eye for a pass. Great to see him and Niko get game time together. Looking forward to seeing more of him, another potential bargain signing.

Agree Scarlett. Definite potential from the young man today. I was happy.

I must say I thought Niko looked class today ;)

Yup instead of saying a team is sitting back or defending deep, we now say the team is using the low block tactic, making new words to make it sound technical. Nothing new about it.

Edmundson won every ball in the air 1st half and looked comfy with the ball at his feet.Last week we had a poster telling us he was suspect in a bounce game.A f ucking bounce game ffs.

Big Katic is the best defender at the club and I hope he is now a first choice.
Since he has come back from his slightly shaky start last season, he's been phenomenal.
Considering the lad's only 22 yo, which is just a baby in Centre Half years, he's really proving his worth.
He's definitely in contention to be a rock in our defence for years to come.

Both were excellent, as an aside I really haven’t rated mayo in the youths, always thought he was incredibly rigid and one paced.

I thought he was outstanding and really impressed me. Well played young man.

Can't believe people are actually complaining about using the term low block. This is the terminology that is taught in the coaching badges courses etc

Long balls aren’t what you use to break down a defensive side though. Whole point of a low block is to keep a compact, organised defensive unit.

Centre backs who can move forward with the ball and commit the opposition players is what you need. Hope out next centre back target can do that.
That's why today we saw the limitations of Goldson his distribution out of defence is not his game

Centre backs are generally not as quick as wingers or forwards but I thought he looked pretty comfortable.
I agree, but you tend to find that defenders have to mark forwards and wingers. I thought he looked slow, just an opinion. Let’s see how the season goes. I’m not one for writing a player off after 45 mins of pre season.

Back