Katic - Lyndon Dykes almost on same level as Morelos

Bonnyloyal

Katic put in a solid display against Livi powerhouse Lyndon Dykes - linked with Gers in January - as he helped grind out three points with a clean sheet.

The 23-year-old defender rates Dykes so highly that he reckons he is on a par with Alfredo Morelos

“When you play against a striker like Dykes it’s always tough too because he is really good.

“Almost he’s on the same level as Alfredo and I think he will become a really top player, it is always hard to play against him

Katic put in a solid display against Livi powerhouse Lyndon Dykes - linked with Gers in January - as he helped grind out three points with a clean sheet.

The 23-year-old defender rates Dykes so highly that he reckons he is on a par with Alfredo Morelos

“When you play against a striker like Dykes it’s always tough too because he is really good.

“Almost he’s on the same level as Alfredo and I think he will become a really top player, it is always hard to play against him
i wouldn't be against signing Dykes but that's heavily dependant on the fee, i can see what Niko means by this comparison too - strong, powerfull, handfull for defenders

If I was targetting how to stop 10, I would be looking to take as many points against them as possible. One of their best assets is the french guy at the back. However, despite his size, he seems to struggle against players with physical strength and skill. I look forward to seeing dykes against him.

Last edited:
I some how don't see Lyndon Dykes doing to Porto, Young Boys, Legia, Feyenoord what Morelos has.

Not the first striker in Scotland to cause Katić problems.
I don’t think we would have seen Morelos put in those performances in his first season with us either.
Players develop and become better when surrounded by more talented peers if they can apply themselves correctly.

Dykes is the physical type mould player we need against the Scottish dross, has quite a good habit of big goals and doesn't attract much attention from the refs

I don’t think we would have seen Morelos put in those performances in his first season with us either.
Players develop and become better when surrounded by more talented peers if they can apply themselves correctly.
100%. I think Dykes is a formidable striker for the scottish game. He may not appear the most polished yet, but I think he'd score plenty for us with the right service, plus as the previous poster stated, he will get better.

Dykes is much better than many on here seem to think

Then why does he play for Livingston? Is it just Bad luck coupled with poor career choices or might it just be the guy is an extremely limited footballer who is simply capable of putting himself about a bit.

If I was targetting how to stop 10, I would be looking to take as many points against them as possible. One of their best assets is the french guy at the back. However, despite his size, he seems to struggle against players with physical strength and skill. I look forward to seeing dykes against him.
Morelos has run Jullien ragged every time, it's just that he has an obvious mental barrier in these games and it affects his finishing.

Morelos has run Jullien ragged every time, it's just that he has an obvious mental barrier in these games and it affects his finishing.
Curtis Main got the better of him yesterday. Anyone with any sort of physical presence he folds.

Dykes is a decent player who caused us some problems again yesterday but c'mon Niko hes nowhere near the level of Morelos

Then why does he play for Livingston? Is it just Bad luck coupled with poor career choices or might it just be the guy is an extremely limited footballer who is simply capable of putting himself about a bit.
Who'd heard of Alfredo? He had to ply his trade in Finland. Players have to put themselves in the shop window. I think he's worth a punt at the right price...... But you may be right lol.

I thought he was excellent yesterday and I've been one laughing at the suggestion of signing him.
You should keep laughing.

Even if he is a good SPFL level striker, we need to be aiming higher than that with our recruitment

Players, as the develop, if good enough go in an upward career trajectory. He is 24 and prior to Livingston started out at QOS as a 20 year old who had grown up in Oz.
He may or may not become good enough to play for a club of our stature but he will most certainly move on to better things from Livingston in my opinion.

Who'd heard of Alfredo? He had to ply his trade in Finland. Players have to put themselves in the shop window. I think he's worth a punt at the right price...... But you may be right lol.

Yeah but in all fairness Morelos came to our attention because he'd scored a barrow load of goals, could you say the same of Dykes

I think there's more clout in what Niko says, who trains with Morelos every day and has played against Dykes a few times, than a forum member calling him stupid for expressing an opinion.
Being a footballer doesn’t make you an expert, just stick on a sports channel, listen to them and my point will be backed up.

If Michael Stewart said that this forum would be in meltdown, and rightly so.

I don't think anyone on here is suggesting he would be a direct replacement for Morelos.
I know, I'm not suggesting that people have been.

Signing Dykes would be reverting back to lazy recruitment pre 2012

Reactions: MSF
Players, as the develop, if good enough go in an upward career trajectory. He is 24 and prior to Livingston started out at QOS as a 20 year old who had grown up in Oz.
He may or may not become good enough to play for a club of our stature but he will most certainly move on to better things from Livingston in my opinion.

Look I'm not looking down my nose at players from lesser clubs coming in, far from it but only if they would improve us. We don't have the luxury of developing players at Rangers right now although I will concede the boy will progress beyond Livingston.

I know, I'm not suggesting that people have been.

Signing Dykes would be reverting back to lazy recruitment pre 2012
We signed some of the SPFLs better players last summer, and heard the same shite on here backing them up, and it still continues.

One or two once in a while - yeah why not. But continuing to go after players who regulary get scudded by the mentally challengeds every single time they play them is a formula for disaster.

I get that about 60-70% of folk on here only watch football when Rangers play but there is a world of strikers out there levels above Dykes.

Kamberi came on and played better.

Look I'm not looking down my nose at players from lesser clubs coming in, far from it but only if they would improve us. We don't have the luxury of developing players at Rangers right now although I will concede the boy will progress beyond Livingston.
Developing players is not a luxury, it's the norm for every club in the world outside the top of the big 5 leagues.

That being said, there are far better prospects out there

People can’t see past he plays for Livingston so means he’s no good. He’s actually a very good player, particularly suited to our league
I've watched him closely since he ragdolled Nico and then got himself sent off.

He's not just a big unit, he uses the ball well. He's far better than Cosgrove IMHO. Is he first XI material? No, not yet. But he'd be a good squad option.

I've watched him closely since he ragdolled Nico and then got himself sent off.

He's not just a big unit, he uses the ball well. He's far better than Cosgrove IMHO. Is he first XI material? No, not yet. But he'd be a good squad option.
We shouldn't be signing players that aren't first XI material, that line of thinking sees us lumbered with Jones and Barker

He's a good player. He had a good game Yesterday. Worth keeping an eye on at this point but nothing more than that at this point

We shouldn't be signing players that aren't first XI material, that line of thinking sees us lumbered with Jones and Barker
You need to be realistic in expectation. This isn't the 80s & 90s where you had like for like in each position. Akin to someone like Gordon Durie who was backup for mccoist and hateley for much of his career.

I'd take from that Niko means he is a similar type of striker, i.e. physical, strong, makes it difficult for you etc.

Not that he's necessarily as good as Alfie, could be wrong.

Back