Katic or edmunson

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Think it’s a choice between these two for Sunday. Don’t think Gerrard will play Helander against there big lump of a forward

thought edmunson was terrific v Hamilton however I think Gerrard will pick Katic

so would I tbh

Hard to say which, but edmundson looked terrific, his use of the ball his pace his ability in the air, the opposition is the only question mark.

Don't think Katic or Edmundson will get much of a look in going forward tbh.

Edmundson has looked brilliant in every game he has played but has not yet been tested in a big match, he deserves a chance to show what he can do but i feel Gerrard is easing him into things just now.

Katic has also been excellent and we really are in a great situation to have these defenders.

Helander said the other day he's surprised at the size of Rangers (knew we were a big club but didn't realise until he joined how big we really are) and that the football up here is completely different to what he's used to and is still trying to find his feet and adjust.

Which is no shock.

I think we'll go with Katić and Goldson.

Katic for me.

Edmundson is ideal for the likes of Hamilton at home as his use of the ball is excellent, I’d go with Niko for this one though.

But it’s a toss up between him and Helander in terms of who I think the manager will actually pick.

SG is blooding in GE slowly.

Would be surprised to see him in a "big game" for a while yet.

What what we've seen so far, he looks like he'll be a big player for us

Folk need to remember George Edmundson has only just turned 22, dropping him into a high stakes pressure game is not a risk that we need to take when we have 3 more experienced CB's.

A bad performance would do more damage to him than a good performance would progress him. Save him for the games against the easier teams when his recovery pace is likely to be better utilised.

I'm not one of those who gets in a strop every time Katic isn't selected, since I think there's not a lot to choose between Goldson's 3 rivals, but for this one I think I'd go with Katic. Better against a robust forward than Helander I'd say and more experienced than the impressive Edmundson at this stage. It would also keep all three of them aware that the Manager has each of them in his plans if they impress in training. Helander back for the Porto game, which will be like another sport in comparison to Tynecastle.

Reactions: cav
I'd really like to see more of Edmunson - he looks a really good defender. I actually don't like the constant rotation of defenders but in the end, it hasn't hurt us massively so far really.

I actually think Helander, Katic and Edmunson are all better than Goldson (who isn't bad I may add) but Goldson appears to be the primary option with the others getting a go beside him.

It does look like we'll get to see them all in action fairly regularly but Edmunson looks a hell of a player.

I'd really like to see more of Edmunson - he looks a really good defender. I actually don't like the constant rotation of defenders but in the end, it hasn't hurt us massively so far really.

I actually think Helander, Katic and Edmunson are all better than Goldson (who isn't bad I may add) but Goldson appears to be the primary option with the others getting a go beside him.

It does look like we'll get to see them all in action fairly regularly but Edmunson looks a hell of a player.

There's not a lot in it in terms of ability but Goldson is the only 'leader' in there. He's the one they all look to as the man to take charge of his defence - and he does. That gives him another string to his bow that the others, as yet, do not have. He'd be my first choice as well in all honesty.

I'd pick Katic as he is most suited to combating the opposition style of play.

Relishs the more physical battles & will win almost every header

Good thing about this thread so far is a realisation that Goldson is the number one choice.

Don't think anyone has ever disputed that he's #1 in Gerrard's eyes. Whether that's right or wrong is a different matter altogether.

Folk need to remember George Edmundson has only just turned 22, dropping him into a high stakes pressure game is not a risk that we need to take when we have 3 more experienced CB's.

A bad performance would do more damage to him than a good performance would progress him. Save him for the games against the easier teams when his recovery pace is likely to be better utilised.

I've seen that written a lot on here lately and it's baffling. Since when was 22 a boy? Some players have hundreds of appearances by that age, they're not kids.

Edmuson has heavily impressed this season albeit against lesser opposition. My only minor concern is his aerial ability as I think he has been out jumped a few times by a smaller opponent and this does not bode well against Hearts.

Likewise Helander's aerial ability has been a bit suspect so Katic all day for this fixture.

Edmundson has looked brilliant in every game he has played but has not yet been tested in a big match, he deserves a chance to show what he can do but i feel Gerrard is easing him into things just now.

Katic has also been excellent and we really are in a great situation to have these defenders.
Hearts are one of shitiest yes in the league.
We should be able to beat them no matter who er play at the back.

Having said that. Him and Katic would appear to be our future. A pairing I would like to see.

Why isn’t the OP getting it tight in the same manner of the “Stephen” Gerrard thread poster?

Anyway, Goldston and Elmander for me.

Don't think Katic or Edmundson will get much of a look in going forward tbh.

What makes you think that mate?

Goldson has clearly established himself as the first pick, but the other 3 are all fighting for the other spot and they've all had game time.

It's a tough call I think.

Back