Katic Out For Dinner With Gough

It looks like The Captain has taken a shine to Katic, and that makes me think King Richard rates the big man as a player.
I genuinely think he should be playing more games between now and the end of the season, with the view that he will be a starter next season.

If he still has a dirty boot in a cupboard somwhere he'll be the best in the league

May be the most under ratedplayer of all time imo

Katic’s Dad hasn’t been well an I believe still isn’t well,maybe just maybe a young guy in a new country away from home might be struggling with that?

You know nothing about how Gerrard has handled him.
I know he played very well against Livingston, Gerrard said he’s given him something to think about and proceeded to freeze him out again.

Not playing him after Worralls mistake at Kilmarnock probably has him thinking there’s nothing he can do to play.

Niko posted a photo of his family the other day and the caption made me think that there is a family illness don’t know if anyone else saw it on his Instagram ?

If he still has a dirty boot in a cupboard somwhere he'll be the best in the league

May be the most under ratedplayer of all time imo
My favourite thing about Gough was that he was a bloody good sport. Played really hard but fair and I think that was the South African in him. No rolling around. No bitching. Just played the game

Nice touch this from Gough i really feel katic has been treated some what poorly should have played much more i thought him and Worrall played well together when Goldson was out and ofcourse him and Goldson done great in our early European run.

He can’t get a better role model as a professional footballer than Gough. Katic will be one of our CH next season.

I didn't understand dropping him in the first place, unless there were financial penalties in the Worral loan. The first 10 games or so of the season Katic and Goldson were looking very impressive.

The lad doesn't become a bad player overnight, maybe issues with his personal life contributed but I don't think he's been well managed. Although saying that, we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, maybe him and SG have a great relationship and Katic understands what's going on?

Thank F--k !

Centre Back position is too important to have a loanee whose ability/commitment is questionable !

I always considered that, for us, this season went tits up when we stopped playing Goldson and Katic as our Centre Backs.

I also think one of his strengths is he plays one touch football, he doesn’t need to use an extra touch get it under control to pass it therefor he keeps the play flowing faster

Said it in the other thread, I don’t think SG likes ball playing CHs and prefer destroyer types like Goldson and Worrall.

He has made a big mistake here in my opinion and our season started to go downhill when Katic was dropped from the team.

Katic isn’t a ball playing centre half.

Being dropped when he was on form though clearly shattered the lads confidence.

My favourite thing about Gough was that he was a bloody good sport. Played really hard but fair and I think that was the South African in him. No rolling around. No bitching. Just played the game

Remember the Hearts game at Ibrox where they got three red cards. Gough pleading for one of their players not to recieve a red.

He was a genuine top class footballer.

He defo should be starting for us instead of Worral. I know Worral has been playing well lately I think he is the cause of goldsons dip in form. Goldson never looks comfy playing with Worral and I think he gives himself more work to do because he's constantly having to make sure Worral is doing his job

I always considered that, for us, this season went tits up when we stopped playing Goldson and Katic as our Centre Backs.

But this isn't borne out by the reality. It's another ever-growing myth on here about our season. It's really odd how people are keen to spin things.

On another thread someone talks about concern over Katic's application in training. It's all just whispers and now we have SG's management of the player being called "appalling".

Remember the Hearts game at Ibrox where they got three red cards. Gough pleading for one of their players not to recieve a red.

Exactly the moment I was thinking if. A man who appreciated that it's got to be a sporting contest

People second guessing their relationship is embarrassing ,hows about we just wait and see ,worrall will be gone soon and the position is up for grabs ,hopefully the big man grabs the jersey and makes it his own ,personally think he will be a star for us ,sometimes it’s good to go through that school of hard knocks and I don’t think it’ll do him any harm and may in fact shape his character

In fairness he was doing that because another red card would have led to the abandonment of the game because Hearts were down to less than 8 players, as per the rules at that time.

I think he has won over the Rangers supporters, we have a strong affection for him already and no wonder why. He is a committed, strong centre back and has ability.

I hope he makes it here and I am sure the rest of the support are unanimous in that.

It’s pretty simple, he was dropped and the reasoning was that his form dipped. Goldson and Worrall have both had far worse games and didn’t lose their places.

The actual original reason way back was that he look a bit "jaded" after playing so many games in the Euro qualifiers and at the start of the season.
Worrall then got in for Villareal away and the gaffer never really went back to Katic.

May well have have happened but it would be no bad thing if Stevie G went out to dinner with Gough.

I think Katic has great potential.He is our best defender in the air and he poses an attacking threat at set pieces again in the air.I do think he is quite weak on the ground and gets turned too easily.That is something he can work on and with the right coaching he could turn out to be a tremendous asset.

Back