Katic Out For Dinner With Gough

Really good sign. I was scared he was for the off.

We've a great defender there and I look forward to him becoming the first choice, first name on the team sheet.

It’s nice to see that, but ultimately the only opinion that counts is Gerrard’s and he’s treated him shabbily in favour of a loan signing who’ll be back out the door very soon.

Katic isn’t a ball playing centre half.

Being dropped when he was on form though clearly shattered the lads confidence.

He has a howler away at Hamilton and is subbed and frozen out again. Worrall kicks off the demise of our title challenge with that brainless gaff at Rugby Park, he retains his place and even receives special praise from the gaffer a few games later for shutting out teams who could barley get out their own half.

No one can tell me that’s good management. Most annoying thing is katic is a serous goal threat. Throwing hopeless balls into the box might have actually paid off with him on the park and going up for set peices.

Katic was supposed to be ill according to a Gerrard today. If he’s out for dinner with Gough presumably he’s better again.
He doesn’t need to be in bed ill he could be ill in the sense he’s doesn’t feel well enough because his mind is elsewhere.

People forget he’s only 22 which is young for a lad who’s moved to a foreign country coping with some family issues.

Gerrard mentioned "Babying him" at the start of the season. I like the Boy, He had a good relationship as a defender with Goldson.

He is our biggest threat from set pieces also, The sooner he is back in the team the better.

That old trick? Ask the waiter to take a photo and he might forget to ask for the bill to be paid;)

You can't buy advice and time of that nature. The boost and will to succeed following that can only be a good thing for Katic. Its great to see.

My favourite thing about Gough was that he was a bloody good sport. Played really hard but fair and I think that was the South African in him. No rolling around. No bitching. Just played the game
Wasnt he born in sweden then family moved to s.a. when he was young so technically no african in him...... but yes he was hard as %^*& but fair and thou it back when dishing it pout, meet gimm a couple times when pkaying boys club football and always had a chat with team afterwards. Genuine nice bloke

I like Katic and think he’ll be good for us long term, but this thread is doing that very Rangers thing of a guy getting better and better in people’s heads the longer he doesn’t play. Whatever the reason, Katic was an absolute bomb scare for a good few games even after he came back in

Wasnt he born in sweden then family moved to s.a. when he was young so technically no african in him...... but yes he was hard as %^*& but fair and thou it back when dishing it pout, meet gimm a couple times when pkaying boys club football and always had a chat with team afterwards. Genuine nice bloke
bad phrasing on my part. growing up in SA would be good for any aspiring sportsman. They play bloody hard at everything and are sports mad.

I like Katic and think he’ll be good for us long term, but this thread is doing that very Rangers thing of a guy getting better and better in people’s heads the longer he doesn’t play. Whatever the reason, Katic was an absolute bomb scare for a good few games even after he came back in

Bomb scare?

A slightly poor game against Hamilton and a half against Motherwell . I don’t think he was directly responsible for a goal. Every other game rock solid, just like his last game against Livi.

Now think of how many games Worrall has been responsible for goals and Goldson. How many times they have fannied about on the ball or got in each other’s way.

Some seem to think because it is SG you can’t criticise him despite us barely registering a victory against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock and dropping so many stupid points away from home.

Katic should have been plying and gaining experience this season. None of that he’s young and needs looked after pish.

Our season went downhill once Katic was dropped. We went from barely conceding goals to being unable to keep clean sheets.

Injuries permitting I'd start Katic, Barisic and Grezda today.

The jury is out on all 3 so let's give them a run between now and the summer and see how they look,

Katic should have been plying and gaining experience this season. None of that he’s young and needs looked after pish.

Our season went downhill once Katic was dropped. We went from barely conceding goals to being unable to keep clean sheets.

That’s not quite true though is it?

And also it was known at the time Katic had family problems at home. He wasn’t just dropped for the sake of it

I think he poses the biggest threat in the opponents box than any of the other CB's we have. We rarely score from fre kicks/corners and playing Katic would improve this

I would start Katic and Worral today, Goldson is badly off form and Gerrard needs to show he will drop players who are not performing regardless of who they are

We are almost at the stage now where we should think about preparing for next season. Give Katic, Barasic, Gredza a run of games a see if the are going to cut it

It’s pretty simple, he was dropped and the reasoning was that his form dipped. Goldson and Worrall have both had far worse games and didn’t lose their places.
ill assume you didnt see the Hamilton game?

I think there’s more to the Katic situation than we know about. The way he was frozen out was bizarre. Did he shag Stevie G’s wife?

I don’t think he was ever meant to be a first choice this season, it was just that our utterly mental early-season schedule meant he got a lot of games before another body was brought in.

He doesn’t need to be in bed ill he could be ill in the sense he’s doesn’t feel well enough because his mind is elsewhere.

People forget he’s only 22 which is young for a lad who’s moved to a foreign country coping with some family issues.

I wasn’t having a dig or intending to make a sly comment mate. Apologies if that how it came across. For us ordinary punters ‘ill’ usually equates to ‘flu or a dose of the shits and so precludes ‘dining out’ LOL

I really like him but I don’t think anyone can moan about Worralls inclusion as he’s been our most consistent performer since his Kilmanock howler

Remember Gerrard saying in an early season press conference ‘He’s ours’ and ‘I love him’.

Weird how the seasons went for the lad.

Remember Gerrard saying in an early season press conference ‘He’s ours’ and ‘I love him’.

Weird how the seasons went for the lad.
Like I said, there must be more to the story that we don’t know about. He also said that Katic is young and needs protecting, when questioned about why he was frozen out. Only problem with that excuse is that Worrall is 3 months younger.

Hope he gets back in today. As has been mentioned he is also a defender with a genuine goal threat. We are pretty toothless at corners.

Like it or not Worrall has been our best player since the winter break. (along with kamara) But our support will just never take to him.

With that though i agree we should play katic more til end of season to acquire experience.

In no doubt that if we keep Katic, he’ll very comfortably become our best CB in time. Clear that he wants to succeed here and is determined to do so.

Love that picture.

He should be given a run in the team in replace if Goldson who has been poor.

Katic should get gametime now as Goldson will be suspended for them.

Aaaargh! This 'rumour', which seems to have started on FF, is pish. Goldson s NOT suspended. He has accumulated 6 bookings but, for a 'totting up' suspension, they had to come in the first 19 games. They didn't. I repeat, as things stand, he is NOT suspended.

I’m fairly certain when Hearts went down to 7 men he also told the rest of the Rangers players to take it easy on them

They went down to 8 not 7. Gough, to his credit, was savvy enough to know that if they had another player sent off the game would be abandoned as per the rules of the day. He wasn't taking pity on them, he just wanted to ensure we saw out the game with the points in the bag.

It looks like The Captain has taken a shine to Katic, and that makes me think King Richard rates the big man as a player.
I genuinely think he should be playing more games between now and the end of the season, with the view that he will be a starter next season.
Gough is good with all the players. He's always in the hotel the club uses for new players, and always interacting with them. Is he employed by the club?

They went down to 8 not 7. Gough, to his credit, was savvy enough to know that if they had another player sent off the game would be abandoned as per the rules of the day. He wasn't taking pity on them, he just wanted to ensure we saw out the game with the points in the bag.
If the game gets abandoned you still get the points? :D

Except you are talking absolute nonsense. They were down to 7, and at that point if they lose one more the game gets abandoned. A truly shocking referees performance that day, but I still remember leaving the game thinking Celtic would have taken 10 off them while we fannied around being the good guys.

Except you are talking absolute nonsense. They were down to 7, and at that point if they lose one more the game gets abandoned. A truly shocking referees performance that day, but I still remember leaving the game thinking Celtic would have taken 10 off them while we fannied around being the good guys.
If the game gets abandoned you still get the points? :D

I am indeed talking - mostly - nonsense.:oops::oops:

The DID have four sent off (not 3 as I said) and the game would, as I said, have been abandoned if they had another sent off. Davie Weir one of them - I think.

A 3-0 victory would have been awarded in the event of an abandonment. Just the same result as it finished on the day.

Back