Katic Signs New Contract

Delighted for Nico and a no brainer, he's coming along just fine and we've still to see the best of him,can't wait as he's not too bad just now. Hopefully Borna will follow him.

You mean Gerrard can drop somebody and rotate the squad based on training, form or just fancy a different players attributes over another's for a particular game.. yet still rate him! This will blow FF's mind!

For me its like dado prso has been reincarnated into a centre halve in the form of big Niko. Didnt think i could love another croatian as much as i did big Dado. Fantastic news for the club!

Delighted!

Love big Niko, hopefully he keeps getting better and stays with us for years to come!

this is brilliant news this guy is going to the top and he knows it Gerrsrd knows it he is looking out for him top man

Picture the scene....

... sunny afternoon, your at your work surrounded by your colleagues and your Gaffer is one of the greatest players in world football. He gathered everyone in a circle with you in the middle and announces to the assembled team:

and congratulations to Niko in receiving a bumper new contract extension... followed by a round of applause.

Fúck me. Katic would have to be soulless and made of stone if his heart wasn't bursting with pride.

Great news, we can relax anytime he's left out.

Think he will play often when we are up against an imposing team with physical presence and setpiece strengths.

Brilliant news. Some say he signed the contract, jumped up n heeder'd it right out the room. Aerial domination from the big fella

The full interview with him is now on RTV and it sums up why the fans think so highly of him. He is talking about how special the team spirit is and how every player is like a brother to him.

I honestly wonder if he could be one of those rare players that just wants to stay at the same club. Absolutely convinced he will be a legend for us, he has the ability and the mentality

Great news. I think it shows the manger is trying to help him, rather than doesn’t fancy him.

Excellent.

I personally think he's already our best CB.
Even if you don't agree just now, I'm convinced people will come to see things this way.

The boy has incredible potential and is destined to play at a very high level.

cant disagree with this. Huge potential, improving rapidly since hejoined us.

Nope. Can't have. His being left out convinced a sizeable number on here that he was not fancied and was being chased out the club.
I know even though the manager has spoken previously about handling players properly or risk ruining them. I think it’s clear the manager sees him as a mainstay in the defence for years to come.

Absolutely brilliant news, personally think he’s already our best centre back, and if he isn’t in some peoples minds, he will be in the not so distant future.

Fantastic news - by the end of the season, with more games under his belt, I'm convinced Katic will have emerged as our most reliable central defender.

I had begun to fear that given his irregular starts under SG that he might want to jump ship, but now it seems not. Katic and Edmundson ARE the future backbone of the Rangers defence.

Back