Katic

This is only my opinion.
Until his injury,he was playing well.Now,very much out the picture,where i think because hes not so good with the ball distribution,Gio doesnt think he fits in.
He is strong in the air and not afraid to put his head in where it hurts.He is strong in the tackle(sometimes a bit rash,but 100 % committed to the tackle).
Hes a bit Marvin Andrews,but give me that type of cetre half any day,where his only thinking is to keep the ball away from our goals.Im not saying those goals wouldnt have happened,but im sure his head would have been in there trying to prevent it.
Hes not everyones cup of tea,but im looking at our options
Helander always injured
Soutter injury prone,and again injured.
King is really untried
Sands ISNT A CENTRE HALF.

I know Katic isnt in the european squad,but surely at domestic level hes good enough.
Should Katic be given a chance?
King is very highly thought of within the coaching staff and Sands has really done nothing so wrong or bad that another established centre half, like Goldson hasn’t done.

I'd keep him. For a start we'd get relative pennies to offload him. It actually would maybe cost us to get rid of him.

When we're chasing a game, last 10 minutes, plenty of corners but we never really capitalise on them... he's perfect for those situations.

Would I trust him the full game at CB? No, but he's proved he's the best at attacking corners and as a team that usually rack up a lot of corners vs the SPL dross I'd deffo be thinking about it.

No need for 2 defensive CBs that can't attack a corner while trying to get a winner vs the likes of Ross County.

Back