Katic

BrownBrogues

Just to clear up some confusion as I've seen comments say we need a left sided CB. Katic although right footed has spent his entire career as left sided CB. Goldson's comments that he is big, strong and can play football is very encouraging as Goldson looks a baller on the deck as well.

Just to clear up some confusion as I've seen comments say we need a left sided CB. Katic although right footed has spent his entire career as left sided CB. Goldson's comments that he is big, strong and can play football is very encouraging as Goldson looks a baller on the deck as well.

He looks a complete unit , Most players from that part of the world have a very good level of skill .

I’m excited about the signing of Katic.

However, this is a 21 year old who’s used to playing in front of crowds of 500 in his homeland. If it takes him a while to settle, let’s not jump straight on him.

If Alves is still here, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start the season - allowing Katic to bed in for a few months.

He's had an international cap for Croatia and is only21 so he is rated in his own backyard if he turns out to be an absolute monster of a defender then the club is quids in

It's almost impossible to find much info on Katic although a Hajduk Split fan on Reddit wrote that he was one of the top 5 centre backs in the Croatian league last year.

However, this is a 21 year old who’s used to playing in front of crowds of 500 in his homeland. If it takes him a while to settle, let’s not jump straight on him.

If Alves is still here, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start the season - allowing Katic to bed in for a few months.
Depends what you mean by start of the season mate,with Alves at the world cup I have my doubts even for the league opener tbh as players usually get extra time off after a world cup.
I do agree we shouldn't put too much pressure on the lad though as at that age he will make mistakes,but the bar's been low for a while so I think he'll be fine.

Alves won’t be ready for the start of the season - if we are classing that as 12 July.

By the laws of averages we are certainly due a decent defender.

Goldson does fill me with confidence and I'm eager to see how Katic fairs. We certainly can't get any worse.
My son showed me Katic tackle in a practice game from today ooft full blooded :) from Rangers instagram he's gona be a good un

We’ve obviously watched him a while, hopefully john Brown had a say in the scouting as he watched Cuellar once and picked him out straight away.

They are in the stories at the top of your homepage on Instagram. They only stay up for 24 hours.
I just signed up to insta a few days ago so ill have a look mate , not familiar with it yet.

He played as left of a 3 & also in the CDM role in some clips I saw BB.

Could be a really adaptable guy.

As other guys said, esp after tonight, we should focus on that market. They are often tough, skilful & disciplined. And good value.

That Rebic would run amok in Scotland. Unfortunately he’s in Germany already.

Did Goldson give an interview to STV saying he looks good and can play? If so, does anyone have a link to it?

He played as left of a 3 & also in the CDM role in some clips I saw BB.

Could be a really adaptable guy.

As other guys said, esp after tonight, we should focus on that market. They are often tough, skilful & disciplined. And good value.

That Rebic would run amok in Scotland. Unfortunately he’s in Germany already.

Incredible performance delighted for Croatians best I've seen them since Euro 96

Back