Katic

Discussion in 'The Bear Pit' started by WATP_74, Dec 6, 2018.

1. rinosprayer

rinosprayer Well-Known Member

Listen, they are currently both here to do a job for us so that point is moot.

Katic is clearly a prospect, a great option at corners for instance and much better than we have had for years. He will undoubtedly be a player for us.

Worrall has attributes and is not nearly as bad as he is made out to be.

And I say this as someone who wants Katic to take the jersey. Competition for places is not a bad thing. He must do better to secure the place.

RFCest1872 likes this.
  2. bilkobear

bilkobear Well-Known Member

Fair enough.
    Is 75% good enough?

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I wasn’t meaning 3 out of 4, I was meaning 3 slash 4 games that he’s played, as one of them wasn’t only 45 minutes against Motherwell.

bilkobear likes this.
  4. The Clunge Taster

The Clunge Taster Well-Known Member

He didn't do anything to merit being dropped in the first place, IMO Goldson should have been dropped before him as his distribution on the deck was deplorable at the time almost every pass forward went to an opposition player.

5. dynamo_rosco

dynamo_rosco Well-Known Member

Read the post

6. allyballyalbertz

allyballyalbertz Active Member

Agreed

7. The Clunge Taster

The Clunge Taster Well-Known Member

So when the manager says "He looked jaded so we are resting him" means he got injured?
    Nah sorry mate, he was dropped to play someone else's player because of his price tag, pure and simple!

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

He was initially injured. That’s indisputable.

9. Blu_ultra

Blu_ultra Well-Known Member

I say this as a fan of Katic, but he struggled when he came back in. Worrall gets far too much stick. He's a very good player, physical and a leader at the back. Macaulay has shown he's been a class player and will add to our team, but the jury is out on him long term.

As for Gerrard 'treating him poorly'? You cannot hope to make it at the top level if getting dropped for a few games sees you lose form. Also, who knows what went on behind the scenes? Bears seem to forget that Katic struggled at Motherwell, Hamilton and Spartak away. He's got a lot to learn, maybe needs to fill out a bit and if this HAS affected his confidence then he needs to become mentally tougher.

10. wilton99

wilton99 Active Member

We looked solid at the time we brought in Worrall, and at that time, Katic, in my view, was our moat accomplished defender. He was dropped to make way for a lump of wood and the lad`s confidence has taken a knock since. The manager`s constant tinkering with the team, not just at the back, really isn`t helping us find the consistency required to win the title, and I do understand the pressures brought on by the number of games in our schedule. For me, Tav, Goldson, Katic and Barisic is our best back four, but I don`t think Stevie G agrees with me.

11. TheStandardBearer

TheStandardBearer Well-Known Member

This.

I remember watching an interview with the manager round about the 2cnd or 3rd qualifier where he basically said in a roundabout way that the only reason Katic was playing was because there were no other options.

12. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Well-Known Member

Our best partnership on current form is Worrall and Goldson.

Katic started well,had a couple of chances to get back in and played poorly.

Mcauley,I really don’t see it,slow,cumbersome and crap with the ball at his feet,might be decent if we’re under the cosh for 90% of the game but certainly not when we have the majority of possession.
    Added to that when he plays Goldson has to switch to the left and he doesn’t look as comfortable there.