Katic

Cooperfan

Goldson hasn't looked the same since Katic was dropped/injured/lost confidence.

If SG wants to get this season back on track he's going to have to stop messing about with this crucial part of the team. It's just my opinion with no proof but if we'd continued with this pairing we would have won a lot more points due to clean sheetd. For me they two and AMc were the reason behind our fine start (defensively) to the season back in July.

I have no idea why Worrall is considered better. I am convinced it's in the loan details.

Obviously their are other issues such as the midfield, lack of backup to AM, and our one dimensional play but building our team from the back looked like the way forward back in July.

Gareth McAuley is the best centre half at the club in my opinion.
Certainly the most experienced. Him and Katic wouldnt be the worst shout on Thursday.
Goldson has been ok and can do a job.
Katic has been treated woefully imho.
Worrall decent in patches,but 4th choice for me.

Hate to say it but you can see why Goldson dinnae get a game at Brighton. I can’t put my finger on what the problem is with him but when I watch us I can't help thinking a lot of the problems stem from him. For a big man he doesn't seem to dominate opponents like I thought he would. Only my opinion. Could be he's just off form.

Goldson is fine at centre back.
His recent loss of form may be down to constantly having to adapt to a new partner and today he played on the left rather than the right for some strange reason, whilst Worral looked to be having a mare.
The lack of a settled back four has been a problem.
League winning teams are usually built on a settled strong and confident defence.
Today we scored the winning goal from a free kick, unfortunately, we had already conceded and that is the problem.

Katic has to play until he finds that form. You either play Macauley every game with Goldson and reset Katic in January or you play Katic now until he finds that form again. Worrall is a disaster in every sense.

It baffles me why Katic is dropped after one bad game but others are almost guaranteed a starting place

Back