Keane/Carragher Sky Sports

I usually like what Keane says when he's in the studio but I felt he was talking utter pish when talking about Solskjaer. Basically comparing him to Pep Guardiola because Pep never had a successful 1st year at City and only got them 4th place so that was his justification for giving Ole another year. Never mind the fact that Guardiola had assembled one of the best Barcelona team's there's ever been, won countless trophies with them and won all domestic trophies with Bayern as well while Solskjaer got sacked at Cardiff and was in charge of Molde.

Souness certainly bitch slapped Evra at half time when talking about the disallowed goal.A withering look at him then "let's ask a proper footballer".

Not that Man U will base their decision on a few pundits squabbling, but if I was Carragher, I’d be encouraging Man U to stick with Ole.

Man U are going nowhere fast with him at the wheel.

Broke is putting it mildly. Fcking assaulted him and stood over Haaland screaming at him.

Grade A C*nt

Haaland played 3 days later then a couple of days after that so it must have been some recovery. Not that it justifies the tackle mind you but when Keane was lying on the ground a couple years before with a very bad injury Haaland was screaming at him calling him a cheat.

Cant stand when Keane’s on. A man who cannot understand that the game has changed from when he played and is stuck in the Stone Age.

I think Keane is trying to get at the fact that the problem at United isn't the manager, it is the guys above them, the guys buying the players, the guys who are happy for Pogba and Lingaard to go against the managers, the guys who have wasted hundreds of millions.

He is just too thick to articulate it.

He is right when he says sacking OGS and bringing someone else in won't make a difference.

I've heard a few journalists on the guardian weekly podcast point out the fact that a lot of the ex Utd players won't really criticize the ownership/club management structure despite the shambles they've become on the field

Couple of morons, football punditry at times is pathetic playing to the end masses. Keane spent 5 minutes going round the same point just saying it differently he isn’t half as smart as he thinks and Carragher shouldn’t be near a TV. His comments after Salahs goal were pathetic - very unprofessional it’s not supposed to be fan TV FFS.

Couple of clowns. Shouldn't even be in the same studio as Souness, who puts them both to shame with his insight and class.

Going against the grain here but really enjoying Keane on the panel. The thing he said about Lampard hit the nail on the head and there was stunned silence.

They would never go after Lampard like the do with OGS

Keane is so wrong on this, Man Utd need a better manager than Ole
Like who...Mourinho....Van Gaal ... Moyes..... its a position no one would want.

At least by giving Ole time, it would allow for a bit of continuity, his signings have actually been decent - unlike the previous incumbents of the role.
The issue for me is that they are spending a large chunk of their budget on Pogba, Lingard, Rashford and Martial. They are the issue, not the manager. Your top talent need to deliver, and they do not deliver on a regular enough basis.

Roy Keane is generally a tosser in terms of punditry. Never heard him offer anything genuinely insightful.

I like Keane i think he is a good pundit but ofcourse hes there to cause it and get people watching their coverage, which costs way too much £.

He hates everyone and is always raging(apart from his wee mate Ole) i suppose some will say hes a bit nasty another Sutton but its a lot better than watching Soccer Saturday and the old/ex-pro banter.

Not keen on either of them. I can never forgive carragher's spit and Keane always seems to be on the edge of exploding

It was great viewing. Keane on the edge of his seat ready to lamp Carragher. Both had some decent points though

Keane has point, managers need time. Whether or not OGS is the answer for Manchester United isn't the real issue, their problems won't be solved by sacking him.

Back