Keef Jackass aka SPFL Spokesmen reporting crisis talks over Cinch deal

Cinch will not pull out of the deal as it’s been undersold and they probably think ‘they‘ve won a watch’ with this contract. Even without Rangers promoting it, it‘s been a winner for Cinch and they most likely can’t believe their luck at how cheap the deal was, especially with all the publicity they’re getting. If anything, it’s probably been a disadvantage to Parks, who should be due damages, due to SPFL rules being breached and perhaps that‘s why Rangers will still get their share of the sponsorship without promoting the brand.

That's what the SPFL started out as wasn't it? A breakaway of the top clubs with their own deal. If I'm remembering right?
They only reason the Lower league clubs all merge into it was when we were relegated and they wanted to feed off the revenue they were missing so they were admitted under the SPFL banner as well.

The SPL was the breakaway, we got put down to the 3rd div and the SPL werent getting a TV deal so Scottish Football league (SFL) merged with SPL to create the SPFL.

Pretty hilarious that other teams are now kicking off about the new cinch deal as it means that we might not need to give up future sleeve sponsorships. Wonder when the penny will drop with Keith that his masters got their arses handed to them on this debacle

Anxious top-flight clubs fear the simmering feud between Rangers and the SPFL could be about to go ‘nuclear’ as they brace themselves for urgent crisis talks.

Record Sport understands fears are growing that the long running dispute is set to escalate with the potential for huge financial ramifications - despite last week’s announcement that the Ibrox club can continue to pocket cash from a sponsorship deal with cinch while refusing to promote the car dealer’s branding. Rangers immediately called for a meeting of all 12 Premiershipclubs and a showdown with league chief executive Neil Doncaster.

No date has yet been agreed for those emergency talks but while rival clubs are hoping that some sort of peace deal can be brokered between the two parties as quickly as possible, they fear the relationship has deteriorated further over the course of the last few days. In fact, they have all been copied in on an ongoing email exchange between Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson and SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan in which the parameters of the discussion are still being thrashed out.

Rangers are demanding the SPFL disclose what they describe as the ‘full facts’ behind the bitter cinch dispute which has been raging since the start of last season, when the five year sponsorship package was first secured.

The Ibrox club have successfully argued that agreeing to take part in promoting the online firm will breach the terms of an already existing partnership with chairman Douglas Park’s own car company Park’s of Hamilton.

Their refusal to take any part in promoting the cinch brand led to fears that the entire £8m deal could collapse.

But the agreement will stay in place for the next four years after Doncaster negotiated a ‘revised’ deal which does not require any future Rangers participation.

That new agreement was signed off by the other clubs last week but it has now sparked concern Rangers may also be exempt from promoting any other commercial deals secured by SPFL bosses.

Record Sport understands - with the value of those tie-ins potentially at risk - both Hearts and Aberdeen have asked for urgent clarification on the matter.

— what a shambles of a website
Building bridges with these people is clearly working well.

Building bridges with these people is clearly working well.
We are showing the SPFL up for what they are I suspect we'd have enough to boot out Doncaster, Mclennen and Mckenzie should a vote come about again clubs are realising how poor a deal they are getting from the wage theifs

Are we sure this is corned beef cheeks? Can't see any mention of shots being fired up/down the marble staircase?

I'm getting the feeling that the myriad of sponsors Bisgrove has been racking up have all been made as "exclusive" deals, so that the SPFL would be hard pushed to find a sponsor market that Rangers could participate in.
Which would be absolutely fűcking luvely.
Remember that Bisgrove came from UEFA who are the kings of contracts in grabbing money. He probably had a good education from them!!!

There won't be 'huge financial ramifications' because that would suggest there is huge finance at stake, when in fact it's a sponsorship deal about as valuable as a fish supper.
The fact that a championship side has to give away sleeve space on every single player’s jersey, advertising boards around the stadium and space on the media boards for £14k a YEAR shows this up for what it really is.

If that was the going rate, I’d be sponsoring teams up and down the country with that amount of exposure on offer.

The fact that a championship side has to give away sleeve space on every single player’s jersey, advertising boards around the stadium and space on the media boards for £14k a YEAR shows this up for what it really is.

If that was the going rate, I’d be sponsoring teams up and down the country with that amount of exposure on offer.
It really is a pathetic deal.

Keef "face set on fire, and put out with a golf shoe" Jackson really is amateur level journalist.
How he gets a gig is baffling.
I do find it annoying, that Rangers seem to lead when it comes to calling out the amateurish running of the game here, whereas the rest of the club's sit on their hands.

I'm getting the feeling that the myriad of sponsors Bisgrove has been racking up have all been made as "exclusive" deals, so that the SPFL would be hard pushed to find a sponsor market that Rangers could participate in.
Which would be absolutely fűcking luvely.
That’d be just brilliant.
It would have been an incredible bit of forward planing and, to be honest, an idea that would have to have been conceived by those who hired Bisgrove.

Cinch will not pull out of the deal as it’s been undersold and they probably think ‘they‘ve won a watch’ with this contract. Even without Rangers promoting it, it‘s been a winner for Cinch and they most likely can’t believe their luck at how cheap the deal was, especially with all the publicity they’re getting. If anything, it’s probably been a disadvantage to Parks, who should be due damages, due to SPFL rules being breached and perhaps that‘s why Rangers will still get their share of the sponsorship without promoting the brand.
Good post, this is what the other clubs are waking up to and a few will have to put their hands up and admit they just go on what they're fed (hence why the can be manipulated by Liewell in previous years.)

The end for Doncaster will come if one if one of the pack finally gets a lawyer looking at it and they clock the issues that Doncaster et al have been possibly hiding from them.

In some ways it's a proper laugh as the whole of Scottish Football now has the equivalent of the "Spivs" on them, plying the clubs with onerous deals that only throw them crumbs whilst the cabal retains power.

I just wonder who really benefits?

So basically big bad Rangers is at fault yet again for ruining Scottish football & for putting cash strapped clubs in even more financial difficulty....standard SPFL propoganda through their pet journo

They had their chance last year to rid these corrupt bastards but shat it through corruption and lies.

%^*& them
Indeed.

Something that we should continually tell the rest of the f**kers complaining about this amateur hour bullsh*t.
"You had your chance -- we tried to tell you -- it's still not too late to get off your ar*es and get shot of this crowd. But you've got to start doing it now, or this bunch will ruin you."

I’m pretty sure this deal works out at £32k per year per club. Clubs up and down the pyramid are now realising they could have sold their own sleeve space for easily more than that amount.

Even the dogs on street corners could see that the SPFL fucked up to an enormous extent and broke their own rules, despite a few clown trolls on here insisting it was all the clubs fault . ( Another dispute /when will it ever stop / we’re doomed ect ect )

sounds like the other clubs are maybe finally waking up to this shower enough to do something about it - though the catalyst appears to be that Rangers are getting stuff for free.

This can be filed alongside 'celtic's tour of Japan back in 2008' as bullshit ( same journalist (sic) too?) if it is such a drama why can't an emergency meeting be held today there is this thing called the Internet and Zoom, managed to get it to work to give their puppet masters a title to end the season, with a quarter of the fixtures to be played whilst England played to a finish after already notifying UEFA that the Clubs had agreed to chuck it before THE vote, but if these Chairmen want to be shafted at every turn and listen to SPFL propaganda about it being big bad Rangers fault without actually checking the details and like with stopping the League they also only told Clubs what they wanted them to know again NOT the full facts.

Before we went into administration journos were taken to a meeting at Hampden and told that they ‘tow the party line or they’ll be left out in the cold’. I’m sure it was Tom English who tweeted it. Of course at that time nobody knew what we know now but it seemed odd and out of place. The problem is Ive looked and haven't found any reference to it to back up my memory.
I never knew anything like this was out there. An absolute scandal the whole thing.

Does anyone have the figures on how the £1.5m between 42 clubs gets divided up? I know it’s a sliding scale but the actual numbers for each club would be interesting to know

If anything, it’s probably been a disadvantage to Parks, who should be due damages, due to SPFL rules being breached and perhaps that‘s why Rangers will still get their share of the sponsorship without promoting the brand.
Rangers get a share of a sponsorship because we’re part of the collective. If we can’t, by the SPFLs own rules, legally promote a product or service then any contract subsequently signed must be seen to have considered our inability to participate while acknowledging we are due our equal share

It looks a lot like Bisgrove has been signing “exclusive” contracts with anyone and every industry over the last 3 years. The SPFL have Scot’s law named in the terms and conditions and with the cinch issue having played out to our success the primacy of Scots law has been legally underlined, setting a precedent for any deal they sign up to in the future. Very smart tactic and we’ve now literally got them by the balls.

Sign a deal without us able to agree again then they have to still pay us or lose in court and then pay us

I don't understand these chairmen

They wouldn't stand for this if it was happening to their other businesses, but here they're happy to roll over and do what they're told

The SPFL withheld information from the clubs before the clubs signed the deal off. That's what they're unhappy about.

It looks like we're pushing the SPFL to reveal the full facts to the rest of the clubs.
I think its even more basic than that. All the info was in the contract which the clubs were given copies of. However, accompanying that was an SPFL Briefing Document (they do this for most of their stuff) and the daft c*nts in charge of the other clubs simply read the Briefing Document rather than the contract - or they'd have picked up on the issues themselves. As I understand it, the info was freely available - it was (deliberately) left out of the Briefing Document though.

That's the new deal I'm talking about there, rather than the original deal.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure this deal works out at £32k per year per club. Clubs up and down the pyramid are now realising they could have sold their own sleeve space for easily more than that amount.
I too was under that impression. However, I read an article the other day (might have been in The Athletic) and it seems like all sponsors/prize money etc the funds are distributed on a percentage basis, with the club at the top of the top division getting most and the team at the bottom of SPFL2 getting least. The report indicated that over 82% of the cinch cash went into the pot for the top flight clubs. So, for the minnows, its a pittance - which is probably why they don't care - but for the top flight its significantly more than the £32k per club figure widely quoted.

Does anyone have the figures on how the £1.5m between 42 clubs gets divided up? I know it’s a sliding scale but the actual numbers for each club would be interesting to know
Its an old article so the amounts are wrong - but it gives the percentages per League position as well and they will not have changed. For the team bottom of SPFL2 on those figures then their 0.18% slice would work out at £2,700. For the team at the top of the top division on 13.4% it would be £201,000.

Which would hardly transpire to have 'Huge financial ramifications' that Keith mentions in his wee shyty article.

Yes but as they were saying this, at the same time they were making desperate efforts to reconstruct the entire Scottish game in order to steal our television money.
Never forget.

The SPL lasted 6 months without us. It then merged with the SFL to create the SPFL.

One of my favourite memories of that time was watching Stewart Milne nearly crying on TV when the talks broke down initially.

Last edited:
The SPL was the breakaway, we got put down to the 3rd div and the SPL werent getting a TV deal so Scottish Football league (SFL) merged with SPL to create the SPFL.

That's my understanding of it too.

Rangers were kicked out of the SPL. They were admited to the SFL. The SFL thus had TV rights to Rangers matches.

The SPL panicked at the massive loss of income. They offered the SFL a merger, pyramid structure, and paid the SFL chairman a £100,000 bribe.

The SFL went for it, and thus we have the SPFL. Born out of greed and corruption.

The greed, corruption, and incompetence live on.

That's my understanding of it too.

Rangers were kicked out of the SPL. They were admited to the SFL. The SFL thus had TV rights to Rangers matches.

The SPL panicked at the massive loss of income. They offered the SFL a merger, pyramid structure, and paid the SFL chairman a £100,000 bribe.

The SFL went for it, and thus we have the SPFL. Born out of greed and corruption.

The greed, corruption, and incompetence live on.
David Longmuir the SFL Ch exec, was not welcome, the placemen Regan and Doncaster were already in situ. He was never being offered a senior position, any payoff would have had a STFU clause.
Scottish football would be be in a much better place if he had replaced either of these idiots.

Back