Keef Jackson on the SPFL summit

An empty bus driving through empty streets. What a victory... I wouldn’t even want Rangers to be given the title if in their shoes, they should come out and squish this nonsense but the tone was set early. It’s an embarrassment and so are they and everyone associated with this drive to be declared champions.

But the ‘null and void’ alternative is being dismissed as ‘completely unworkable’ with our source saying: “It’s never been looked upon as a viable option. The legal implications from saying this season never actually existed would be absolutely immense.”

Who dreams up this bullshit?
In what way would declaring the season null and void create legal problems?
The only way there will be legal problems is if they declare a winner when the league is not over.

That is the exact intention these articles.

Soften Scottish football up and sicken it into just rolling over and accepting them being handed a title they haven’t won.
It was always going to happen though even before any of these articles.

So Keith is saying the SPFL have sat and waited for the Belgian League to make a decision and are now using that as the basis for their discussions on what to do with our league.

Absolutely laughable.

I truly fûcking despise the Scottish media. If the filth are handed the trophy next week, the media will have played a massive part in it.

A source close to Hampden’s sixth floor said: “Developments in Belgium highlight the split between Europe’s big five leagues and the rest.

“The smaller nations have less lucrative broadcast deals and so the scale of the problems they face from cancelling the season are just about manageable.

“The priority for clubs in these countries is to urgently distribute prize money and to begin selling season tickets.

“On the contrary, for the bigger leagues and for UEFA itself, the financial costs of cancelling the season as it stands are so unmanageable.

“After discussions at the start of next week it’s very likely we will move towards a Belgium-type decision but obvviously it would then to be made water-tight legally before any announcement.”

I wonder who that source would be. There’s no doubt this is where our corrupt game is heading. They were all over the Belgian leagues decision within minutes.

What an embarrassment.

Titles can only be won, not awarded.

No doubt Shame FC will lap it up regardless.

A club like no other.

Embarrassment?
Don't make me laugh!
If operating a paedophile ring fucking hundreds of kids and denying it and covering it up for 50 years before finally hiring an expensive PR company to lie and deflect once a bit of pressure gets applied to them didn't embarrass them, then getting their grubby mitts on a trophy they haven't yet earned won't even fucking register with the sleazy bastards.

We all knows it’s happening so get used to the idea. All I’ll say is I hope the SFA and the tarriars (they’re one and the same really) are ready for legal action in which they’ll surely be taken to the cleaners.

One thing’s for sure, I’d never forgive our board if they just let this happen.

A source close to Hampden’s sixth floor said: “Developments in Belgium highlight the split between Europe’s big five leagues and the rest.

“The smaller nations have less lucrative broadcast deals and so the scale of the problems they face from cancelling the season are just about manageable.

“The priority for clubs in these countries is to urgently distribute prize money and to begin selling season tickets.

“On the contrary, for the bigger leagues and for UEFA itself, the financial costs of cancelling the season as it stands are so unmanageable.

“After discussions at the start of next week it’s very likely we will move towards a Belgium-type decision but obvviously it would then to be made water-tight legally before any announcement.”

I wonder who that source would be. There’s no doubt this is where our corrupt game is heading. They were all over the Belgian leagues decision within minutes.
They are such a useless shower they waited on another country blinking and voila it's now gonna get decided shortly, well we better have our shermans in the hampden car park straight away

With 11 of the 12 top clubs having to agree to league reconstruction to save Hearts, I would say that won't happen. I would expect Rangers and at least 1 other to block it.

I thought at the beginning UEFA would make the call, but they don't want their cash windfalls threatened.

As soon as I read about belgium today, that made my mind up for me. They're getting the league and belgium have gave them the excuse to award them the title. I have no doubt about that. Go down the legal route if you want, but it will be a waste of time.

Majority of clubs just want their money, so they couldn't give a monkeys about who gets what.

Why does it need to be characterised as null and void? Can we not just say season abandoned on x date due to unforeseen circumstances? That gets round the “as if it never happened” nonsense.

As for league reconstruction, presumably we can and will block this? The idea that you can declare a champion but not relegate due to league reconstruction is outrageous and obviously designed to deal with a potential legal challenge from Hearts. There is no logic to the idea that you can declare a winner but not relegate the bottom placed team.

Let’s be honest the SPFL are desperate to hand them the title the only thing stopping them right now is the Hearts situation and the fear that Sky won’t be happy with league reconstruction.

A bigger league means more meaningless games. A 14 team league would last about 1 season before they dumped it for 12 again with Sky being none too happy as they signed up for a 12 team league in the first place.

Let’s be honest the SPFL are desperate to hand them the title the only thing stopping them right now is the Hearts situation and the fear that Sky won’t be happy with league reconstruction.

A bigger league means more meaningless games. A 14 team league would last about 1 season before they dumped it for 12 again with Sky being none too happy as they signed up for a 12 team league in the first place.
That's a fair point mate. We've got enough dross up here for them to be wanting more of it.

So Scottish football now hangs onto whatever happens in the Belgian League ? :D What a crock of shite, and wishful thinking on that cretin Jackson's part. There will be no winner of the League if it isn't completed.

They'd fully celebrate their highly tainted, worthless 8.75 in a row as well. Rotten bastards.

Let them have it .... From now to eternity it will be known in every bragging rights discussion as the contaminated title .. to go along with the tainted ones and will never be accepted as having contributed to a so called nine in a row ...the notion is ridiculous.

All absolutely true. You can read those cùnts and how this entire situation will play out, like a book.

I fear there is some truth in this...
I don’t fear it

I would fuckin love it

imagine in 20 years time - yes son they won 9 or 10 or 12 in a row but they actually didn’t because we were all locked up unable to see our loved ones for months so we decided as a nation to GIVE them it so NO they never actually won 9 or 10

Let them have it .... From now to eternity it will be known in every bragging rights discussion as the contaminated title .. to go along with the tainted ones and will never be accepted as having contributed to a so called nine in a row ...the notion is ridiculous.

No fecking way. It’ll still be added to their haul in the record books and we shouldn’t even consider standing for a situation where they’re handed a title they didn’t even win.

So Scottish football now hangs onto whatever happens in the Belgian League ? :D What a crock of shite, and wishful thinking on that cretin Jackson's part. There will be no winner of the League if it isn't completed.

It was South Shields manager last week

We would surely be given the 1939-40 at least then ? Personally I don’t want it but I don’t want them handed unfinished season titles either .

Why does this clown Jackoffson not just print- “PLEASE CAN WE GET THE TITLE! PLEASE PLEASE WE NEED IT SO I CAN SLEEP KNOWING WE HAVE 9! PLEASE!!”
its becoming a daily embarrassment the bullshit this prick is writing!! Give us peace!!

They can't be declared champions as they haven't won the league, dunno why certain posters are getting there knickers in a twist when most know its click bait made up shit you see constant on twitter.

I wonder who's getting rolled out tomorrow for they're words of wisdom?
I'll take a Pop at Francis Mcgarvey

With Dave King gone, who left on our board will fight our corner? That's a rhetorical question by the way. We all know what's coming and our board will roll over and accept it.

Our board act like a committee for the local bowling club rather than a hated institution thats fighting wars everyday on all fronts. They are pathetic when it comes to defending the club and the fans' corner with this type of stuff.

Surely its not as simple as just awarding the bheasts the title. What about the other positions? Who goes down? Will Aberdeen accept 4th when 3rd was still possible? It will just open up a massive can of worms if they award the scum the title.

Neil Doncaster.

If there is no European money to be had if they accept the title.
I think you will see a massive turn around by ceptic.
Just watch their sporting integrity crap going right out the window in pursuit of the money.
Eh we dont want the League now we will just play on as you said.

The best way to %^*& over the SFA and their cohorts is to refuse any away allocation for one season. A season long boycott. If they are prepared to strong arm everyone into submission then it's now time to financially hammer the SFA and the other clubs involved in the decision making process. No more 7k at Livingston, St Johnstone, 4k at Kilmarnock, 4k at St Boo, 3k at Murderwell, tell them to ram their semi final and final tickets. Send the kids out for pressers.

Problem is that the club won't but even more disappointing is that we as a support wouldn't do this either.

Back